What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BIOCANNA - Anyone tried this line?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been using the canna lines on and off for years. Probably....let's see....20 years now. Bio, substra, and Coco. Along with others.

Canna is the best I've seen. The bio is incredible stuff. I use filtered water, so depending on the strain, I will use calmag supplement. Many I don't need to bother with.
I also don't ph balance anymore. With the bio. Have been using promix last couple years, and while I'm considering trying something new(strictly because it comes in smaller bags than the promix bales).

Someone asked about biobizz. We actually ran that for a year or so and we were pretty damn happy w the results. Then a controversy about ingredients it may or may not include had us switch back to bio canna. Maybe arsenic? Never found out for sure, but switched just in case. And that was 10-11 years ago, probably things have changed.
The only reason I switched off any of the canna lines at any point was cost. I'm retired now, personal grow. I doubt I'll ever use anything else in my life, as I don't plan anything beyond a single hps or small outdoor garden again

GrayZone

I've been using the canna lines on and off for years. Probably....let's see....20 years now. Bio, substra, and Coco. Along with others.

Canna is the best I've seen.

Thanks for sharing your experience @subrob !

Ya, I hear you. My first grow back in 2001 was with Canna Terra Vega & Flores. Had 0 issues, great buds, and pretty vigorous growth. Sure, there are genetics and other factors, but Canna always has stayed in good memory.

I've asked about BioBizz, but then changed my mind and will get BioCanna. I've heard BioBizz got much thinner and after comparing it with Canna I can say that seems to be the case. Canna is like a goo and BioBizz seems to have the consistency of water. I bought today SuperVit from Hesi for some extra amino acids and vitamins+Canna and I should be good to go when it comes to nutes. Got also a bag of BioBizz light mix soil.

GF-Z

Running BIO Canna I would recommend having a well prepared medium, with good buffering, cal/mag, micro nutrients. I constantly run into defiencies with using BIO Canna vega/flores. Maybe my batch was wrong, but every time I get same type of discolouration and stunted grow. I suspect something gunked up in one of the bottle, which I pressed out and forgot which bottle was that. Will leave this nutes for kitchen spices/herbs in future...

Jonny Lan

Canna is the best I've seen. The bio is incredible stuff. I use filtered water, so depending on the strain, I will use calmag supplement. Many I don't need to bother with.
I also don't ph balance anymore. With the bio. Have been using promix last couple years, and while I'm considering trying something new(strictly because it comes in smaller bags than the promix bales).

Someone asked about biobizz. We actually ran that for a year or so and we were pretty damn happy w the results. Then a controversy about ingredients it may or may not include had us switch back to bio canna. Maybe arsenic? Never found out for sure, but switched just in case. And that was 10-11 years ago, probably things have changed.
The only reason I switched off any of the canna lines at any point was cost. I'm retired now, personal grow. I doubt I'll ever use anything else in my life, as I don't plan anything beyond a single hps or small outdoor garden again
I will die using Bio Canna! 😂

stunkfrunk

When first discovered Canna nutrients my grows were brilliant. I've not used canna for years, old-timer nutrients have been a favourite for years as was bio Bizz. I stopped using both of those recently as there is stuff in them that's not organic. It's a preservative of some kind. So I'm back with Canna bio for my grows.

GrayZone

So the harvest is done, buds cured and I have 0 complaints on CannaBio. Had no issues with it whatsoever. The smoke is great, but obviously, fertilizer is a small piece of that puzzle. For anything more than that I guess you'd need to do test grows with different fertilizers, the same genetics, and all other conditions, to be able to really judge it. All in all, I'd use it again.

So the harvest is done, buds cured and I have 0 complaints on CannaBio. Had no issues with it whatsoever. The smoke is great, but obviously, fertilizer is a small piece of that puzzle. For anything more than that I guess you'd need to do test grows with different fertilizers, the same genetics, and all other conditions, to be able to really judge it. All in all, I'd use it again.

Yup the cannabis community sucks that bad. You have to figure out everything on your own because Cannabis growers are selfish pieces of shit with zero talent. No one wants to help you avoid wasting 3 months on bullshit nutes that make your bud smell like new tennis shoes. That's the only advantage they have.

Latest posts

Latest posts