What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best source of Potassium Silicate??

Snow Crash

Veteran
Bump

---
what is the rule on adding and mixing the Silca ''last'' after all other base nutes ? thx

---
I read other wise it fucks up and sinks to the bottom of resv. and fucks up the ph and locks stuff out etc etc,

----

thoughts on mixing last step..ty

Personally, I don't think it really matters. Some people seem to think it makes an impact but there's really not much data either way. Plenty of conjecture though.

UsualSuspect

Veteran
Bump

Aptus-Fasilitor expensive but worth every drop 3ml per 5 gallons. Best silicate product I have used by a mile. Reduces stretch-keeps the nodes tight-makes stalks extra thick even in a 1/2 gallon pot. Impressive product I had been searching for the best silica product ever since Advanced Nutrients stopped making Barricade, but this is a much better product than Barricade by far. This stuff actually does what all the other Silicate brands just claim to do but cant back up.

BubbaBear

Bump

Aptus-Fasilitor expensive but worth every drop 3ml per 5 gallons. Best silicate product I have used by a mile. Reduces stretch-keeps the nodes tight-makes stalks extra thick even in a 1/2 gallon pot. Impressive product I had been searching for the best silica product ever since Advanced Nutrients stopped making Barricade, but this is a much better product than Barricade by far. This stuff actually does what all the other Silicate brands just claim to do but cant back up.

Dutch Masters silica uses the same form of silica that Aptus uses silicic acid, except Dutch Masters is 5% silicic acid compaired to the 1.6% thats in fasilitor, its also a fraction of the price. I foliar feed with fasilitor but its way to expenses to go in the reservoir in my opinion.

There's a company on eBay selling "Potassium Silicate Powder 0-0-50" at 10 pounds for $200.

Anybody have any experience with powdered potassium silicate?
I have seen friends use this. we mixed it around 500g/gal to fit the calculations made to recreate i think "pro-tekt" its been a little while and i dont remember much about the details.
i do know it was many many times cheaper to use the dry powder.

Shucktheduck

I'm surprised no one has mentioned aptus facilitate, after all isn't that their flagship product? Yes I realize it's not a potassium silicate but if you read up on silic acid and bio avl vs pot silicates u may be surprised. I belie RAw uses silic acid instead as well, I'm not positive on this one but I also thought I read that the silicate has to break down to silic anyways.
Silicic acid provides immediately bioavailable silicon when and where the plant needs it.

Anyways check out aptus. I think that. And heavy will give AN a good run for their two plus challenge.

MrBungle

I always add my K Sil first because it raises the pH of my solution, then I drop the pH to around 6.5-7.0 so the rest of my salts will dissolve properly... I save my organics for last (fulvic and seaweed) cause it clouds everything up

KingSpider

I used Bloom Silicate and it's all good but once I add my organa guano it gets cloudy but stirs out.... I've heard that cloudiness is nuteasy lockout...? I feed camg /go , bloom silicate, P, K, N, (Nature's Nectar) , organa add, then organa guano and boom.... cloudiness any help...... plz

Rondon

I know we are getting ripped at the hydr stores...but i like the ease of running down there a grabbing what i need..and am willing to pay for that convenience. Silicatw salts like Agsil are much cheaper amd if were any thing like a bigger grower i would go with diy salt nutrients. With silicas....go with the stronger brands. Europonic Silicate is stronger than ArmorSi and Protekt. And is cheaper.

I used Bloom Silicate and it's all good but once I add my organa guano it gets cloudy but stirs out.... I've heard that cloudiness is nuteasy lockout...? I feed camg /go , bloom silicate, P, K, N, (Nature's Nectar) , organa add, then organa guano and boom.... cloudiness any help...... plz

You must either mix silica first then ph down to 5-7 before adding other nutrients/additives or mix into a separate container (gallon milk jug will do, then ph to 5-7 before adding to your reservoir. The cloudiness is precipitate.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
wondering about a pitch/horticulture product called silk 0-7-12 (0-3-10) + 6% Si from vitalnova, would this be a good ps source?

for outdoor.

thanks