What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freezeland

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
picture.php

big blue77

merci de partager tes photos de ton jardin ca me rappel le bon vieux freeze hummm de bon souvenir de jeunesse. jaimerais bien retrouver un cut de freeze comme dans le temps

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
En fait, c'est la classique freeze!

Mais qu'ont ce demande pas pourquoi il y'a une pink freeze (cest dans geine)

T'inquiête pour le nettoyage, je les fait!

Si non ca va man? m'ennuie de CQ!!!

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Bonjour,

Just pour vous laissez savoir que nous avons une nouvelle souche adapter a notre climat.

SERIOUS 6

Voici son hystoire en Anglais.

Serious 6 is the first new strain developed by Simon, the breeder and owner of Serious Seeds, in the last 10 years. This strain was developed from mixing genetics from Canada with Sativa-landraces from Africa through a time consuming process of selection and cross-breeding.

The goal of this long selection process was to create an early-finishing Sativa type of plant which is very mold-resistant and will finish outdoors in the dutch humid and cold climate at the end of September. In Holland this is an important date, because after that time strong rains and winds start, which will cause bud-rot in most varieties. With this plant we think we have reached that goal; in Holland the majority of the plants can be harvested at the end of September. Outdoors in Spain this will be much earlier, we estimate that most plants will be ready to harvest at the 15th of September or maybe even earlier!

We introduced Serious 6 for the first time at the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam in November 2009 and she was greeted with much respect and love from the cannabis community, everybody wanted to get their hands on the seeds of this new strain.
We planned on releasing the seeds after that Cannabis Cup, but the final indoor test for the variety was not good enough for Simon. He let a batch of indoor-plants flower for much longer than recommended (more than 3 weeks longer) and two of those plants showed one or two single male-bananas. This is a natural reaction of a sinsemilla plant at the end of her life-cycle when she feels threatened that she will die without producing seeds. Although most cannabis plants will do this, because its a survival mechanism which has proven to be successful during the evolution of the cannabis plant, Simon said he will not release a plant that shows even the slightest hermaphroditic traits.

So we had to go back to the beginning and started to select for a different parent combination again.

Outdoor plants can only be tested once every year; during the summer season. Every summer for the last couple of years we have tested new parent combinations of the Serious 6, and therefore it took us so many years to create the plant that Simon desired.
Finally after great results this summer, we feel this unique strain is ready to be released.

Outdoors she grows tall and slender like a true Sativa, with one main stem with side buds, not the christmastree-shaped plants which is more Indica-like. Despite the dutch outdoor climate the buds will grow few small leaves and build a particularly thick layer of cristals, compared to other outdoor plants. Approximately half of the plants will show strikingly beautiful pink pistils, which can be seen in the fotos next to this text. The pink pistils are only noticeable on the living plant, once the flowers ripen the pink hairs will turn to a normal brownish colour. At the end of the flowering cycle these pink colors are substituted by purple colors of the calyxes and leaves.
The Serious 6 is a very beautiful plant to have in the garden which is certainly one of the positive characteristics for growers. We have noticed how much visitors loved the Serious 6 test plants from the looks alone, making remarks like: "Hey man, I want to grow this awesome plant in my garden!"

The Serious 6 is an almost pure Sativa with a short flowering time (about 8 to 9 weeks indoors) which gives amazing results indoors. She will fill up and produce dense long buds glistening with trichomes, spreading a very aromatic fragrance. The aroma of Serious 6 is a new combination of odours which cannot be compared to other cannabis varieties. She has a smell and taste that is different and new, and seems to be built up in layers; citric, anise, spicy are only a few of the recognizable aromas.
Her effect is a cristal clear head-high, once you smoke her you will get creative and active and you will want to do something creative like painting, writing or playing some music. The Serious 6 packs a load of THC! At the Spannabis 2013 on Friday the 15th of February 2013 an indoor grown bud of Serious 6 was tested at the Canna-laboratory at the fair with 17% THC. That was the highest measured THC-content of ALL strains tested that day at the fair!

People in Spain are lucky enough to be able to grow seeds of strong plants like AK-47, Bubble Gum, Chronic, White Russian or even Kali Mist outdoors, because in this climate they will finish without getting bud-rot. Growing the Serious 6 outside next to them, may have the advantage that the Serious 6 is ready to smoke while you wait for the other plants to finish flowering.

All in all this plant is perfectly suited for outdoor grows in a wide range of climates or for indoor growers who like a quick finishing sativa. Serious 6 offers a very nice alternative to the wave of hard-hitting, couchlock Kush-strains that dominate the market today.

Firstly, sorry french brothers for my english, my sad cut up french would not be in anyone's interest.

So, is this Serious 6 a Freezeland/Friesland cross???

Some good dutch seeds out there, but why they always keep the genetics top secret?? Paradise and Serious especially seem to never list the lineage. Some good strains from both, just would be nice to know what they really are.

Egzoset

Salutations SeedsOfFreedom,

Firstly, sorry french brothers for my english...

No problem, pas de problème. Maybe we can do it the CPAC style... Peut-être peut-on faire ça genre CPAC?...

:laughing:

Ou sinon juste faire la moitié du chemin, par exemple essaies donc ça dans Google Search:

Freezeland Manitoba

:biggrin:

Je ne suis pas certain que cela puisse suffire ni même qu'il s'agisse de quelque découverte pertinente mais en tout cas je n'ose pas détailler davantage, alors bonne chance avec ça!

Bonne journée, au plaisir!! :tiphat:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Firstly, sorry french brothers for my english, my sad cut up french would not be in anyone's interest.

So, is this Serious 6 a Freezeland/Friesland cross???

Some good dutch seeds out there, but why they always keep the genetics top secret?? Paradise and Serious especially seem to never list the lineage. Some good strains from both, just would be nice to know what they really are.

Hey man, so far as what i saw and taste. That seem to be freezeland cross.

Claude could have pass the freezeland or even i think the "Pink" freezeland ... If i beleive who pass him the cut! :tiphat:

Bon week-end.

on_grower

I appreciated the info in this thread and though I have a few things to add. I grew a cut of Freezeland in a very harsh climate for several seasons and it was done by the 3rd week of September. The clone must have been a quick pheno because years later I acquired seeds to compare. The seed plants appeared to be identical in all ways but the females finished a bit apart from each other. Seeds were made and later generations showed only variation in date of maturity. The plants thrived in cold weather and the smell and taste are as others have said. I have also sought out seeds of the Friesland Indica (M33) to compare to Freezeland. The M33 is a bit more Sativa and took about a week or so longer. It looks almost the same as the Freezeland but smelled different. The M33 smelled like the Freezeland flowers (ie. soft floral, gummy smell) BUT the smoke tasted that way. It was more smooth tasting and more of a relaxing of a high. I find that the Freezeland buds smell floral at first but as you get closer or handle them they smell a lot louder and Pine-funk like. The M33 buds would stay floral smelling even after some roughing up.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey,

Thanks dude, but you know my thing is! I'm almost sure that's a m33, but from a recessive pheno. Seriously everything that touch our freezeland, get really freezy phenotype. Btw i were talking with my old friends, they certified that cut came up around 90-91 ... Before there was hydro, in indoor setup with some bigbud and hawaiian strains! :D

troutman

Seed Whore
It looks almost the same as the Freezeland but smelled different. The M33 smelled like the Freezeland flowers (ie. soft floral, gummy smell) BUT the smoke tasted that way. It was more smooth tasting and more of a relaxing of a high. I find that the Freezeland buds smell floral at first but as you get closer or handle them they smell a lot louder and Pine-funk like. The M33 buds would stay floral smelling even after some roughing up.

The M33 does smell nice. :peek:

I find they smell like a bubblegum/pine/rotten fruit mixture. :)

on_grower

I did only get one M33 female, and that did not show pink hairs in flower. I'll have to see what the F2's are like. M33 is more cedar than pine in the taste. I can see what phenos are most prominent in the Freezeland x M33, which are still outside. The Freezeland clone I had in the late 90s was grown in and out, and only shows pink hairs in an outdoor grow.