What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow with 180w screw in LED's 32"x32" cab

_HeC_

Hey guys! Long time reader and first time poster basically, hopefully I start posting a little more lol

First time grower so expecting some issues along the way but hopefully I end up with something to smoke :)

Grow room - 32"x32"x6'
Lights - 18x10watt LED bulbs(12 at 3k and 6 at 5k)
Bucket Size - 10" planter, 3gallon?
Medium - Promix BX
Nutrients - FloraNova Bloom for veg/bloom
Strain(s) - Bagseed
# of Plants - 3

Start off with my light setup and grow space. Rigged this up with some 2x2 pieces of wood and cheap light sockets, and extension cord for wiring, I left space for another 20 sockets for the future :p
picture.php

picture.php

I'm not sure what this thing used to be, has like a shower drain on the bottom and it's all metal with no roof? Lol anyways when I bought my house the previous owner left it in the basement so I slapped a roof and door on it and I'm using it
picture.php

Using these bulbs I got from Canadian Tire on sale for under $2 each including tax
picture.php

_HeC_

All I have is Bagseed, some of which are 5+yrs old so I had a hell of a time germinating seeds, only got this one out of 6 that I tried
Popped from the "soil" Nov 17 i believe but this pic is from Nov 22nd
picture.php

I didn't get my nutrients until Nov 28th and started "her" off with 1.25ml/L of floranova bloom. Pic taken Nov 30th
picture.php

Dec 5th
picture.php

Also got a few more seeds going as 1 plant wasn't enough lol the dates on the cups are when they popped from the "soil"
picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice build on the light fixture!
Looking forward to seeing the results with the mix of spectrums.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what are you looking for/expecting specifically?

To see how they grow under the mixed spectrum. I flower everything under 2700k. The one time I tried flowering under all 5k, the plants kept throwing out new growth on the buds. So looking forward to seeing another grow that mixes spectrums.

_HeC_

Nice build on the light fixture!
Looking forward to seeing the results with the mix of spectrums.
Thanks blynx! Your screw in led thread is what pushed me to get my grow started :) hopefully the mix spectrum is ok but if not I have some spare bulbs I can swap in

put some t5 in between for the uv

Hmm never even thought of that, think it would be more beneficial then extra screw in LED's?

If anyone is curious I have the 6 5k bulbs in the spots circled below
picture.php

I started to LST my plant around the pot and "she's" getting bushy and stinky a bit lol
picture.php

picture.php

And the solo cups where starting to grow roots out the bottom of the drain holes so I transplants them
picture.php

well for lumens it wouldnt be more efficient, for the extra uv/blue spectrum (or red if you wanted too, just switch tubes) it would be, as led put out NO uv at all
wheter uv is benificial is up for debate but it doesnt harm, that seems clear after all the years of uv use

_HeC_

well for lumens it wouldnt be more efficient, for the extra uv/blue spectrum (or red if you wanted too, just switch tubes) it would be, as led put out NO uv at all
wheter uv is benificial is up for debate but it doesnt harm, that seems clear after all the years of uv use
Hmm might look into the UV more when I decide to add more to the light, thanks

Yesterday was 4 weeks for my oldest, pic taken today though
picture.php

I think I'm starting to see pistils but not 100% sure but guess at 4weeks it's good I'm not seeing balls lol
picture.php

Topped the 2 smaller ones, Eleanor got topped first then the other 2 days later as the girlfriend didn't know if she wanted hers topped or not lol
picture.php

When I was shopping for a manual/digital timer I read a bunch of reviews saying some are a pain to setup etc then I thought about the smart wifi plugs or whatever they are called. Spent $25 and now control my lights with my phone from anywhere
picture.php

picture.php

Pretty sweet IMO, there are some cheaper ones but the one for $25cdn had great reviews

_HeC_

Thanks guys, it's been awhile since I updated but things seem to be going ok. Pics taken just before a feeding today, probably should of feed them the other day instead

M1 will be 7weeks veg this Sunday, last few days I've been cutting back the light slowly so it will be 12/12 come Sunday
picture.php

Eleanor and T1 will be going 12/12 with M1 this Sunday
picture.php

picture.php

_HeC_

Thanks acdc!

Happy to report all 3 are females!!! Was so happy about this, some pictures from today
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

_HeC_

That Lucas formula has been working great for me, I'm not even ph testing my water... Just straight tap water and flora nova bloom :)

They be getting stinky too
picture.php

picture.php

blueschato

Veteran
Beautiful girls look very healty & strong
I'm running with the same space & w more or less,this bulbs work very good bro
Good Look & keep it green
Salute

_HeC_

Thanks everyone, today is 3 weeks flower so seemed like a good time to do a update

Start off with a group shot
picture.php

M1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php