What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas Has Gone Money Mad on a Misdemeanor Pot Bust

B

BrnCow

Texas still charges people about $10K after you buy a lawyer for a misdemeanor pot possession charge, including $1.5k fine, $400 court costs which includes dog food for the phoney drug dogs, costs for the cops busting you, crime stoppers fee, etc. They also take away your driving privileges for 6 months without even a test to see if you were positive for pot. You can get an occupational license but it costs $262 to get a court date. An blow in the tube ignition device for $2000 that can't even detect pot, SR22 insurance, restricted travel to only designated counties, a court appearance with your lawyer, and $600/yr probation fee for a year minimum (with a lawyer) but usually two years. Texans need help. The politicians have stolen the whole place and have gone money mad. It takes 4 licenses and permits and an inspection for a hot dog stand. Prices are gone through the roof, realtors are holding up a ballooned housing market selling homes at criminal prices, and the governor is eating hydrocodone and living in a $10K a month rental while they rebuild the governor's mansion. If you have the opportunity to sway any of this ,please help!

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
How about the surcharge fee the state collects year after year if you are guilty of a traffic offense. I believe getting a DWI will cost you $1000 each year for four years to the state. If you don't get your tickets adjudicated by the local judge then the surcharges kick in each year on Jan. 1.

Now everytime they want to build a new road there is always a possibility of it being tolled. When they do toll the roads you have to pay a toll every 5-7 miles.

Yes they have upped all the permit fees also. We may not pay a state income tax but with all the fees we might as well. You are right Brncow they are money grubbers.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
REVENUE , thats the word, since obama gave away all the money and said print some more, our dollar isnt worth shit, so every state is trying to make money anyway they can it sucks.
im all caught up in the system paying everyone fuckin money. i feel yer pain bro , its time for a revolution, our country was founded on revolution, nothing new, just have to have balls wich seems noone has anymore since, fight for yer right to pawty !

vancerz

amerikkka land of the debt slaves! this is what happens when leaders are dual citizens and members of societies that meet behind closed doors.

Pots illegal because they dont want healthy free thinkers who can figure out how badly they are being fuked on a daily basis. its about control not money, they make money out of thin air, all cost associated with making said money is passed on to the tax payer not them or there friends so theres no reason not to stop( its a hidden tax called inflation). just like they have been doing since the creation of the not federal "federal reserve" nothing gets better only worse, they are not as stupid as people think....

P

pine boy

It has always been like this and it will not be changing anytime soon.Without having a single statistic,I garaunty that Texas has more jails than anywhere on the whole Earth.
I'll quote herbert walker."We will build more jails"as his criminal ass was importing cocain into our citys.Then the bastard made laws to privitize the jails so his friends could rake in more cash
Fuck those guys.They haven't gone $ mad...fuckers have been ate up with it for my whole life and more.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
REVENUE , thats the word, since obama gave away all the money and said print some more, our dollar isnt worth shit, so every state is trying to make money anyway they can it sucks.
im all caught up in the system paying everyone fuckin money. i feel yer pain bro , its time for a revolution, our country was founded on revolution, nothing new, just have to have balls wich seems noone has anymore since, fight for yer right to pawty !
obama didnt give away all of americans money Bush did to pakastan and the rest of the world. and then the fckr sold us out to china !!!
obama stepped into a bigger shit sandwhich then carter did !!!

Bush and cheeny ran the worlds largest Ponzi scheme
a game that just about bankrupted the whole world !!!

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont plan on ever returning to texas for any reason. been there already no reason in hell to go back. good luck you guys. come to cali its like an 100 $$$ fine

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I travel in Texas I vacuum my car (or my work truck) extensivly THEN take it to the car wash and have them wash my carpets trunk included and vacuum it again, that state scares the FUCK outta me.

blackosprey

How about the surcharge fee the state collects year after year if you are guilty of a traffic offense. I believe getting a DWI will cost you $1000 each year for four years to the state. If you don't get your tickets adjudicated by the local judge then the surcharges kick in each year on Jan. 1.

Now everytime they want to build a new road there is always a possibility of it being tolled. When they do toll the roads you have to pay a toll every 5-7 miles.

Yes they have upped all the permit fees also. We may not pay a state income tax but with all the fees we might as well. You are right Brncow they are money grubbers.
Jersey does the same thing. The minimum surcharge is like 100 bucks for two years, the max is 5000 for 5 years. It all depends on the violation.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
obama didnt give away all of americans money Bush did to pakastan and the rest of the world. and then the fckr sold us out to china !!!
obama stepped into a bigger shit sandwhich then carter did !!!

Bush and cheeny ran the worlds largest Ponzi scheme
a game that just about bankrupted the whole world !!!

Two of the worst politicians ever.

sso

Veteran
lol, people think we are so advanced now.

while we as a people have barely taken a step forward since the nazi´s.

due to the druglaws, we smokers, are

subhuman.

not even second class citizen.

hunted as animals.

our livelihood taken away from us

and our freedom taken away with torture (prison is torture..)

the only difference is they dont kill us (depending on where you at in the world..)

yay humans..

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Back to BrnCow's misdemeanor pot charges. Texas laws used to be way more strict on pot. I believe there was a black man locked up in the early days for 20 years for a single marihuana cigarette. It wasn't that long ago they raised the amount you could posses and it still be a misdemeanor. I believe 1 or 2 ounces. Texas has no cultivation laws though. I saw a recent bust with huge plant numbers. Some kind asian folk got busted. But they had no scales, guns, money, or packaged marijuana in the house. Charged with possession only. Not to say the feds couldn't step in but state charges only amounted to possession.

Texas shouldn't be money-grubbing now anyway. They have had the largest influx of population in the U.S. over recent years. That means more state revenue. The people in control of the money are dumbasses and can't figure out how to spend it correctly. I could name a many public works projects around the state that were/are a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
and our freedom taken away with torture (prison is torture..)

the only difference is they dont kill us (depending on where you at in the world..)

yay humans..

Prison should be for those that have caused malice towards others.
Once you go to prison they have effectively killed you. For most sane individuals the drug war and drug laws are senseless. But, if you are a communist bastard the laws work to your advantage. Forget about the money of the prison complex or big pharma taking control. This is more about stripping away rights. Get labeled as a felon and two important items are taken away from you. The right to own a gun and the right to vote. If I was a dictator I wouldn't want my populace to own guns and I surely wouldn't want them to vote for someone else. An end to the drug war is highly unlikely. Maybe when everyone is labelled as a felon then it will end. Then the government can begin a new assault on its citizenry.