What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Help! Whats wrong with this picture?

dankman1

6 weeks into flowering on a 9 week strain? does anyone know why my bud is growing like this?

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Looks pretty good to me, hard to tell with the light on. If the fan leaves are starting to fade, that's pretty normal.

dankman1

Looks pretty good to me, hard to tell with the light on. If the fan leaves are starting to fade, that's pretty normal.

thanx for responding so quickly. im really confused. this has never happend to me before. do you know why the bud is growing like that? have you ever seen anything like this? is this a problem? if this is a problem will it affect my bud density on the top cola?

Skunklover

Possible over fertilization. There really is no way to tell from just 2 pictures, there could be many factors.

Have you grown this strain before?

Doesn't look like you are getting crappy buds, but your yield might not reach it's full potential.

High Country

Veteran
The bud seems to growing normally to me. This is what mine look like.

36 PLANT SOG, EBB/FLOW, 600W HPS, ABOUT 5 WEEKS IN.

picture.php

dankman1

nice lady high country. so i guess im SOL. i swear it looks like the bud is flippin me off. if anyone has any clue as to why this is happening please chime in. does this problem have a name? i cant find anything at all about it online. need some input!

DeoXy

lol dankman are you speaking of the little nipple tip at the top of the main cola that seems stretched from the rest of the structure?.. IF SO then it isn't anything to be alarmed about.. I have had that happen a few times in the past.. won't affect quality or quantity... look how damn fat n dense the chunker is below that.. Looks good!.. cheers :)

ghostly

its called a foxtail. sometimes associated with lack of or overdose of light. certain strains do it as they finish as well. no worries though.

High Country

Veteran
Looks just fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it. The nipple as described earlier is just more bud developing.

Latest posts

Latest posts