What's new

If you use botanicare sweet....

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Have you ever noticed how much magnesium is in there? That shit drives up my ppms by like a ton @ the reccomended rate. I grow in coco and use r/o water so i add cal mag plus with every feed @1tsp/gal which gives me about 250ppm. Im gonna stop using SWEET because i think that its throwing my magnesium to calcium ratio off. Do you think this is possible? But isnt it designed to be used with calmag plus..?

What are you experiences..?

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i've found that with technical questions like yours, the best bet is calling botanicare and ask to speak to a technical rep. your odds of getting the right answer are way better that way. don't be (too) stoned, and if asked tell them your growing flowers. out of probably 20 times calling various companies, only 1 has asked.

Have you put it through a nutrient calc? Might be interesting to see what numbers it comes up with. It would tell you the exact ppms of Mg, too.

toohighmf

Veteran
I don't think you can get enough mg in bloom. I use cm+ and additional epsom salts. I used to use big bud and it was 7% mg at 1 time and I used the above with it. I have only seen a mg toxicity 1x where my leaves were turning near black in color, so I backed off. I don't use sweet, because I love the flavor I am getting. when you have the right genetics, you don't really need a flavor enhancer.

sweets not really a flavor enhancer, now if you flush with yes you will taste something different, its a carb booster, very good stuff for flowering and i also flush with it. i like to agree with toohigh, if you start seeing toxicity then back off. i run the whole botanicare line so when i run high levels of sweet i back of on the cal-mag, Mag is fast absortion so you will notice too much very fast,but you shouldnt see any issues with 5ml/gal of cal-mag along with 10ml/gal of sweet ( i like 50% dosage of sweet). i dont think you need worry because too much calcium will lock out the mag and not the other way around, plants need Mag in abundance

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I used to use Sweet in soil but have stopped because of the taste changing abilities it has. All the plants tasted the same despite being different strains. It tasted nice, but some strains have great flavor and I didn't like not having that.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts