What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Waterfarm/Powergrower drip ring HELP!

illchemist

I am doing my 2nd round in my Powergrowers (just transplanted) and 2 out of the 4 buckets are not pushing any nutes through the drip ring. I pulled the drip ring tubing out and cleaned it extensively but that does not help. It appears that the nutrients are bubling up the plastic housing tube but not the actual tubing which leads to the ring. You can actually see it bubble up and out of the housing and splash the surrounding hydroton. I spent all night trying to fix this and nothing helps.

I installed airstones in each of the pots and brought my nute levels real high in the controller so hopefully some of the nutes should wick up into the hydroton. All my girls look a little droopy and I think it's just from the transplant. I could not sleep last night because I was worrying about my C PLUS females that I selected and transplanted.

Any help is much appreciated!

C

chytil151

could you just by pass the ring all together and just set the dripper on the hydroton till you got it figured out?

illchemist

The Powergrower/Waterfarm drips trough the ring by using an air pump to bubble water up a long tube to the drip ring. If the water doesn't make it up that tube it won't drip. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to bypass it.

I just cleaned my waterfarms the other day and had an issue like this...the air pump connects to a little tube that goes down and connects to another fitting at the bottom. the tube had become disconnected from that fitting, and was just bubbling in the res. Look there first. In the meantime, I'd just use a cup to drench the plants till you figure out where the air leak is at.

ETA: the entire drip ring and smaller tubes will pull out of the larger tube so you can check it.

Last edited:

Blckbrd

I just cleaned my waterfarms the other day and had an issue like this...the air pump connects to a little tube that goes down and connects to another fitting at the bottom. the tube had become disconnected from that fitting, and was just bubbling in the res. Look there first. In the meantime, I'd just use a cup to drench the plants till you figure out where the air leak is at.

I had this similar problem & it turned out to be just that .... where the air hose connects to the rigid white tube near the bottom of the reservoir - that had become a little loose & was leaking air.

Check every connection for the air leak. I agree & bet that is what it is.

illchemist

Yes, I checked that last night. The air hose is still clamped to the white tube (where water is supposed to bubble up). I have noticed that the white tube and air hose itself fits more loosely in the housing tube now. One of the buckets was functioning fine and then quit dripping after 2 hrs.

I will check them again when the lights come on again.

Blckbrd

And be sure to check where the white plastic air tube (not the transparent flexible air hose) connects almost like a wishbone "Y" at the bottom inside the larger plastic tube housing. That's where I had the leak / loose connection.

R

Roboticide

I had something like this happen in my waterfarm as well. My problem turned out to be my air pump it was only pumping out a tiny bit of air in comparison to when it was new. I bought a new airpump and its working great again I love my waterfarm. good luck

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I agree with the above posters that have had this happen. I've had the air hose become disconnected causing a stop in flow too. My drip rings get clogged sometimes causing the flow to stop, sometimes a small piece of hydroton can get dropped into the res, then gets clogged in the up tube. Usually an easy fix.

illchemist

Yes, it was the connector on the bottom. I am retarded. :bashhead: Thanks, everyone. Sorry for the late reply.

Next time: Make sure everything is functioning before transplanting.

Latest posts

Latest posts