What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
hey not sure how many responses this will get but ive had an obsession with blueberry since i bought some from a friend who was growing it back about 15 years ago.it had a blue/purpleish hue, smelt like the classic blueberry muffins/blueberry jam wasnt the strongest smoke but smelt good enough to eat. to this day i dont know what cut it was or what seedbank it came from but it was lush..so i thought id post to find out what representations of blueberry are still out there in seed for or what not. i saw this in the uk but i know theres plenty around. thing is im not sure if any seed company stocks what im looking for now??

WelderDan

Veteran
There is the famous original Blueberry by DJ Short. Good stuff, but expensive and you will have to pheno hunt a bit. I've grown it 2-3 times and had some nice plants.

Then there is Dutch Passion Blueberry, based on DJ stock. I haven't grown it, but have smoked a couple OK examples of it. Not as good IMO, but people have found keepers.

Sagarmatha also has a BB based on DJ stock, but I have no direct experience with it.

Then there is Peak Seeds BB. It's based on BB stock from several places (DJ, DP and SAG IIRC) and is quite nice. I've grown it and your description fits it very nicely. Excellent BB smell and taste, even on the exhale. And it's inexpensive. I would grow it again without hesitation.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
There is the famous original Blueberry by DJ Short. Good stuff, but expensive and you will have to pheno hunt a bit. I've grown it 2-3 times and had some nice plants.

Then there is Dutch Passion Blueberry, based on DJ stock. I haven't grown it, but have smoked a couple OK examples of it. Not as good IMO, but people have found keepers.

Sagarmatha also has a BB based on DJ stock, but I have no direct experience with it.

Then there is Peak Seeds BB. It's based on BB stock from several places (DJ, DP and SAG IIRC) and is quite nice. I've grown it and your description fits it very nicely. Excellent BB smell and taste, even on the exhale. And it's inexpensive. I would grow it again without hesitation.

ive heard and seen alot of grows of recent dj blueberry grown and every single plant has hermied. dutch passion plants also always hermie. there genetics are just a joke now. if you had a good experience with these lately you are one of the few..peak seeds ive not looked into but it sounds interesting.. what is the yield like? is it sativa or indica dom? thanks for your reply man:)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Grew out a pack of True Blueberry DJ Shorts seeds in a greenhouse years ago. Pretty nice... Ran an old pack of Legend's Own "High End" which produced two great phenos. One like a Blueberry Bubba Kush, but taller. Kept it for years.. And a squat real DJ Short Blueberry pheno which yielded poorly, but tasted like the most wonderful Blueberry ever. Had poor resistance to disease, as well.

The Blue Dream clone, grown with caring, can be very tasty. With a Haze reek in the room, it has a good BB flavour

My vote on the best Blueberry flavour I have grown would be that small "High-End" pheno.

OR

The current local clone "Blue Cheese." I do not know the original source for this clone. But, it is always a joy to smell during growing and smoke after.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Grew out a pack of True Blueberry DJ Shorts seeds in a greenhouse years ago. Pretty nice... Ran an old pack of Legend's Own "High End" which produced two great phenos. One like a Blueberry Bubba Kush, but taller. Kept it for years.. And a squat real DJ Short Blueberry pheno which yielded poorly, but tasted like the most wonderful Blueberry ever. Had poor resistance to disease, as well.

The Blue Dream clone, grown with caring, can be very tasty. With a Haze reek in the room, it has a good BB flavour.

My vote on the best Blueberry flavour would be that small "High-End" pheno.

Blue Dream greenhouse 2010

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=15262&pictureid=309174&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Or the current clone "Blue Cheese." I do not know the original source for this clone. But, it is always a joy to smell during growing and smoke after.

ive liked the look of bluedream but im not sure if its in the uk.. dj shorts is expensive and like i say ive seen too many seed of late go herm to buy them at those prices. i like the sound of the high end pheno, did you keep it? shame about the yield..

T

THE PABLOS

I've found only a single plant that tasted like Blueberries. It was a F1 Highend. Dead nuts accurate flavor.

Yup...it was a low yielder....and the only female I could never get to take on pollen. She rejected pollen.

WelderDan

Veteran
I've never had issue with DJ Short gear and hermies, but the last time I grew DJ's BB was 2009. No experience with recent stock. Still running several Blue Moonshine crosses from the same time period (I like the heavier stone of the BM) and they take the abuse.

Peak gear was almost identical to DJ. Same nute sensitivity, same medium length node spacing, same Indica structure with some Sat characteristics. Medium yield in my estimation, but they will get big if you veg 'em. Buzz was a nice floaty mix, not zippy, but not couch lock. Very pleasant, social buzz. The taste was excellent, I had friends asking for it months after it was gone, even though I had more potent stuff.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ive seen some beautiful bluemoonshine plants. even from recent seed stocks of djs. mosca has the o time moonshine.. i wonder if there is a good blueberry in there.. anyone grown moscas??

d3cryption

Veteran
S@nnie's jackberry f4.... I grew it while it was a f2...... vigorous plants, descent yield, taste and smell, was amazing on ever pheno i grew.... ( grew jackberry a few times) and for $45-47 the price can't be beat.... no hermies... when it comes down to fruity/blueberry/purp strains, the only ones i find myself recommending if jackberry & killing fields, jackberry being more fruity....

The Revolution

Veteran
Doesnt $annie's still sell a blueberry Sativa?
I was gifted BB cuts several years back. They came out of Buffalo, NY, and the plants were actually started from seeds my friend was gifted. These plants were all very identical. Dead on blueberry smell and taste. Bluish hue to the plants in flower and just covered in trichs. Some of the Stickiesy gooiest stuff Ive seen in a while.
The plants were ripped from my garage. A kid actually smashed the window out to get to them. I caught him in the act, but wasnt able to get my plants back.
Ive been on the hunt since then myself, for that old time Blueberry we all know and love.
Ive grown the Dabney Blu, and have even hybridized this cut with a landrace afghani. Since then Ive inbred the hybrid, once or twice. Ive found some blueberry smelling and tastes, but havent grown enuff out yet to find what Im looking for.
Received some seeds this year, they're Blueberry x (Chem4/Alien Tech) The breeder of this hybrid has grown every blueberry known to man, and chose the mother of this as the best specimen he has come across. So Im really hoping I find what im looking for inthese.
Ive been recommended the Blueberry Sativa countless times. Problem is ******s never has it in stock. Good luck on your hunt.

Last edited:
G

guest4092

Also Blue Chocolate from Fusion seeds has a very sweet Blueberry candy smell.

I have heard about Blubonic and Blue Satellite having a blueberry jam smell too. But never grown them myself.

On the other hand if you like a super Strawberry jam smell you can find that in Sour Strawberry Kush from BOG, i only grew 3 seeds and 1 of them was Strawberry Jam, or Strawberry ice cream topping that they put in the sundaes at McDonalds, just 100% Strawberry.

d3cryption

Veteran
Doesnt $annie's still sell a blueberry Sativa?
I was gifted BB cuts several years back. They came out of Buffalo, NY, and the plants were actually started from seeds my friend was gifted. These plants were all very identical. Dead on blueberry smell and taste. Bluish hue to the plants in flower and just covered in trichs. Some of the Stickiesy gooiest stuff Ive seen in a while.
The plants were ripped from my garage. A kid actually smashed the window out to get to them. I caught him in the act, but wasnt able to get my plants back.
Ive been on the hunt since then myself, for that old time Blueberry we all know and love.
Ive grown the Dabney Blu, and have even hybridized this cut with a landrace afghani. Since then Ive inbred the hybrid, once or twice. Ive found some blueberry smelling and tastes, but havent grown enuff out yet to find what Im looking for.
Received some seeds this year, they're Blueberry x (Chem4/Alien Tech) The breeder of this hybrid has grown every blueberry known to man, and chose the mother of this as the best specimen he has come across. So Im really hoping I find what im looking for inthese.
Ive been recommended the Blueberry Sativa countless times. Problem is ******s never has it in stock. Good luck on your hunt.

the blueberry sativa that s@nnie has is from breeder's choice... and at $28 , no wonder it's sold out... never grew it, so didn't recommend it... heard go things about it though...

Tastes like muffins

Tastes like muffins

dough_boy.jpg

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
memorable quotes:

memorable quotes:

"this is some of the best weed in the world." i always thought i'd be able to find that blueberry

ludacris, i saw him on another forum. but i dont know what he grows? not sure why your asking me??

g*3 blueberry gum was good, on the bubblegum side

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Hahah. Great thread.. Lotsa good ideas, cause everyone likes a good Blueberry Flavour..

There are supposed same genetics as Blue Dream in DJ's Azure Haze...... No personal experience with it at all. But, I have never had Hermie issues with any of DJ's brands, or any Hybrids containing his genetics, such as the aforementioned High End.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well there is many BB, maybe FOE20 should be consulted..

-DP using DJ's old genetics
-SAG using DJ's older genetics
-DJ's BB has gone though a couple males over the years..
-DJ TB using seed that produced DP stock