Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > What the fuck is Youtube doing?

Thread Title Search
What the fuck is Youtube doing? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 PM #21
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I am going out on a limb here and I am predicting that Google is going to sell YouTube to someone. And, the new owner wants this stuff gone before he takes over.. Maybe he's religious. Maybe he has a whole other agenda.

Either way, I spent a fair amount of time on Wall Street before I went to Washington and this whole thing smells a lot like an ownership change.

If I'm right, do I win a bozo hat? LOL

4 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 05-02-2018, 05:58 PM #22
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
Would you be willing to accept one of the bozo punching toys with an extra patch kit ?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:20 PM #23
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
Still loads of weed vids on there but i miss customgrew420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 05-02-2018, 09:35 PM #24
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
I am going out on a limb here and I am predicting that Google is going to sell YouTube to someone. And, the new owner wants this stuff gone before he takes over.. Maybe he's religious. Maybe he has a whole other agenda.

Either way, I spent a fair amount of time on Wall Street before I went to Washington and this whole thing smells a lot like an ownership change.

If I'm right, do I win a bozo hat? LOL
That's very insightful.

Housecleaning often precedes an asset sale.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:29 AM #25
coconutcurry

coconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to behold
A very interesting article by Sensi Seeds:

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/canna...een-suspended/

"The trail leads back to what is known among YouTube fans and content creators as the Adpocalypse. Despite the fact that YouTube has been demonetizing (i.e. removing adverts from) videos since 2012, the creators were not informed that this was happening until 2016.
The year before, the algorithm that controlled whether or not a video was suitable for advertisers was changed to be more sensitive to potentially terrorism-related content. This is obviously a good thing, but carries with it the usual problems of an automated process. Videos that are flagged as inappropriate can be requested for review by a human, but this does not always ensure that they will be remonetized."

"The knock-on effect was passed on to the creators of any content that could be deemed even slightly risky for YouTube. Videos mentioning LGBT issues, for example, were flagged and demonetized as having content of a sexual nature. Also on the list of reasons for videos to be demonetized is the “promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items."
coconutcurry is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 AM #26
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
I think this will be studied in business schools as a key blunder for Alphabet corp.

They demonstrated the profitability of the market, via Youtube.

Then they throw a wrench in the spokes of the machine they've built, for reasons of let's say, political correct-ness.

How could that not create an opportunity for a key competitor ?

The firearms censorship has led to the launching of websites like
https://www.full30.com/

I don't think Full30 is Youtube's Lawrence Taylor (where Youtube is Joe Theisman's leg bone), but it's one example.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2018, 04:04 PM #27
green404

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
-

On the internet you are ether the customer or the product. Youtube is "Free". You are the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutcurry View Post
A very interesting article by Sensi Seeds:

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/canna...een-suspended/

" Videos that are flagged as inappropriate can be requested for review by a human, but this does not always ensure that they will be remonetized."
green404 is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2018, 05:21 PM #28
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
didn't the last administration hand off the internet to the UN?
and then the FEC rescinding net neutrality?

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2018, 03:25 AM #29
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
OK, here is what you guys do......

If YouTube does not give a public reason why. Or, reinstate all the cannabis channels by May 31th, on June 1st at 4:20PM PST every single one of you should log onto Youtube.com and place the word CANNABIS into the search engine. And, press the SEARCH button. And, KEEP pressing the search button.

You'll crash the shit out of their servers. LOL Or, at least make a pretty funny entry in their log.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 AM #30
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to behold
YT has definitely been cracking down within the last year from what I've noticed. I watch lots of random channels, one of which is this guy who does reviews on mousetraps and collects many different models and designs that have been used throughout history. His barn is infested with mice/rats so he puts out the different traps and places them in front of a camera to document their effectiveness. These videos are actually quite interesting and educational to watch but YT has recently got a stick up their ass and began pissing over the ones where you see mice, yes fucking MICE being killed. His response was to test the traps with a toy mouse named "Snowflake" on his YT videos and put the actual videos of mice being caught on his own site.

Seems their advertisers have been getting worked up over certain video content from what I've heard. YT in response has tightened up their guidelines for monetization (authorizing the presence of advertisements on your videos.) If you want to make money through ad engagement or have your videos pop up in related content then you have to be willing to play ball with what their advertisers are willing to put up with. Removing content/complete censorship altogether is becoming common as well.

Even though the advertisers are the source for the money there is a 4 way relationship between YT, its advertisers, video makers and viewers. If people quit watching then there is no reason to upload vids or place ads on them. If advertisers quit placing ads or people quit uploading then YT fails to function as a business and will close. Almost seems like they are intentionally trying to crash and burn to some extant...

The business being sold theory is not a bad guess. If they don't see it to be profitable in the future, they may clean house to sell it to someone who thinks they can use it to their own devices. Lets see... Ban gun, spirituality and mouse killing videos... Might I guess Disney lol? After all, they are a well known propaganda giant that has been buying up a lot of media lately. Just a hunch...
JustSumTomatoes is online now Quote