Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Thread Title Search
Have you looked at the North Pole lately? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2018, 08:25 PM #1011
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.neven1.typepad.com/blog/...concentration/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE7_ZQqrjY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Washington Post article out showing heat wave in the Arctic claiming that these temperatures "could" help melt the Arctic while claiming record heat wave. Looking at a bevy of sea ice data from several agencies, it looks like this year is actually increasing, which is interesting. Also huge hail / snow storm a "snail" or a "hnow" storm baffles rescue crews and onlookers as hail and snow fall at the same time.

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2018, 03:07 AM #1012
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post
https://www.neven1.typepad.com/blog/...concentration/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE7_ZQqrjY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Washington Post article out showing heat wave in the Arctic claiming that these temperatures "could" help melt the Arctic while claiming record heat wave. Looking at a bevy of sea ice data from several agencies, it looks like this year is actually increasing, which is interesting. Also huge hail / snow storm a "snail" or a "hnow" storm baffles rescue crews and onlookers as hail and snow fall at the same time.

i would be curious to see the sites showing sea ice increasing
what i see on the NSIDC site shows a dramatic melt currently
pretty much identical to last year, which did bottom out early and so there was no record minimum
however, the same this year? i'm guessing not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	454995 Click image for larger version

Name:	Figure2-1024x819.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	454996

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:21 AM #1013
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
If the ice really does break up, they'll have some open water.

That plus their big storms should result in some pretty epic surfing.

That's a lot of ice to melt.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2018, 08:33 PM #1014
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7S9d26wZ3s

I AGREE

cusp of a new paradigm re: space weather connection between the suns and earths weather and by extrapolation, climate.
pretty solid relationship referenced.

...but it's probably just to distract from the blood in the water...

Old 05-11-2018, 08:43 PM #1015
Water-

Water- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
If the ice really does break up, they'll have some open water.

That plus their big storms should result in some pretty epic surfing.

That's a lot of ice to melt.
I live in Hawaii.

epic storms can create epic disasters.

the recent record breaking storm that produced more than 50 inches of rain in 24 hours washed everything on to the reefs.

they are covered in mud and sticks and the water is polluted from all the cesspools being washed into the ocean.

it sucks.

and all that fresh water melting into the ocean would totally mess things up majorly for everyone and everything on the planet.

everything is linked together
Water- is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 AM #1016
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water- View Post
I live in Hawaii.

epic storms can create epic disasters.

the recent record breaking storm that produced more than 50 inches of rain in 24 hours washed everything on to the reefs.

they are covered in mud and sticks and the water is polluted from all the cesspools being washed into the ocean.

it sucks.

and all that fresh water melting into the ocean would totally mess things up majorly for everyone and everything on the planet.

everything is linked together
I think we will learn what a Googol of Plastic looks like, before the ice caps get around to completely melting.

I'm not sure the earth's environment can handle 10^100 tiny pieces of plastic floating around.

I have some skylights that need repair. So I use 6 mil plastic to cover them during the winter.

Last year I forgot about them during the summer. Then they started getting brittle. So I stuffed them into 2 large moving boxes.

Between them and some old blue tarps that disintegrated into 100,000 pieces, I might have 1 million pieces of stray plastic on my own property. That's with me trying to stop it.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-12-2018, 03:42 AM #1017
Water-

Water- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud of
they say plastic degrades in a thousand years.

if thats true than I think we could bounce back if we stopped production today.

a thousand years is nothing for the earth.

it takes one million years for a glass bottle to degrade.
Water- is online now Quote

Old 05-12-2018, 03:47 AM #1018
Rubber Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7S9d26wZ3s

I AGREE

cusp of a new paradigm re: space weather connection between the suns and earths weather and by extrapolation, climate.
pretty solid relationship referenced.

...but it's probably just to distract from the blood in the water...
You reveal more about your bias, trichrider, than proving others'....

It seems you pluck random papers to prove a point that makes you feel smart and ask people to refute your evidence when there are no little 'write ups' that would do the job.

You could be up to your eyeballs in counter evidence that would be impossible to disprove with little cherry picked conservative BS.

It takes mountains and MOUNTAINS of evidence by thousands and thousands of scientists all trying to disprove that we are not the cause, and thus 99.9% of legitimate scientists' overall consensus is that we are the main cause, not some little 'article'.

Are you a flat earther too?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:14 PM #1019
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
lets be honest here, if the earth was flat, id still like to breathe in clean air

Old 05-13-2018, 10:11 PM #1020
trichrider
THEORETICAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Chicken View Post
You reveal more about your bias, trichrider, than proving others'....

It seems you pluck random papers to prove a point that makes you feel smart and ask people to refute your evidence when there are no little 'write ups' that would do the job.

You could be up to your eyeballs in counter evidence that would be impossible to disprove with little cherry picked conservative BS.

It takes mountains and MOUNTAINS of evidence by thousands and thousands of scientists all trying to disprove that we are not the cause, and thus 99.9% of legitimate scientists' overall consensus is that we are the main cause, not some little 'article'.

Are you a flat earther too?

...another cluck cuck

so be it.

you're nominated to be jester of the Potemkin village.

you'll do fine!