What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

brownie portions (how many grams bud per brownie)

dope_roor

I searched through the old threads and couldn't find a clear answer to my question, how many grams of bud should there be in each piece of brownie?

I'm making a batch for some friends and I'm trying to figure out how large I should cut the brownies.

G

Make budder, and use the budder in the recipe for the brownies. Don't just throw bud in each one.

dope_roor

i know how to make the cannbutter and everything. i'm trying to figure out how much bud (theoretically) should be in each brownie at the end.

for example, if i use 7.0 grams of bud in a brownie mix, should i cut in to 7 brownies so that there is ~1.0g/brownie, or should i cut into 14 brownies so that there is ~0.5g/brownie, etc etc

G

I wouldn't get that technical. gram or 2 per brownie would be a good (theoritical) guess.

If all you have is 7 grams to donate, cut the brownies in to 4 pieces and 1 piece per person, or 2 per person.

HTH

N

Neptune

I enjoy pot food that is dosable, and controllable... not bomber I'm going to feel sick and way too stoned from 2 bites.

I like to enjoy my canna treats.

So, go with an 8th for a batch of brownies.

work your way up, but one 8th will get you plenty stoned if the butter is made correctly.

M

mikeraach

I think he's looking for more of a number like this: .5-1g per brownie is a good amount. If you use leftover vaped weed (as I do) it takes about 3 times that much for a good dose.

An 8th would make 4-6 brownies depending on the potency you desire.

eaten marijuana is metabolized differently than moked. it is necessary to use a bit more to have ne noticable effects. i have only used trim never actual nugs so to give you a scientific recipe is not possible. the suggestion to make 'budder' first is a good idea. i think dirtysouth meant to make an easilier measurable form of marijuana which could b either as hash, alcohol tinctures or butane/iso budder(not cannabutter). just using buds leave less control. some buds are better than others, therefore you dont need as much. weight for weight, trim contains less veg matter than a bud does. at least mine do. im also more meticuless in the way i trim as im thinking ahead to my brownies he he. the more leaf/plant matter the more 'green' my brownies will taste.
hope this helpt,
pwf

it just seems that trying to find the #per brownie is strange. how big are your brownies? wut size pan?spatula? most spatula are 3in wide so most brownies will b bout the same. the pan can b 8x8, 9x9(most brownie pans), or 13x9. my granny used her spatula to measure the slices. its not a science just seems like finding out #per brownie is a little like putting the horse b4 the cart. i dont like getting unfunctional on my brownies so i use bout 1/2z of AAAA trim. my tolerance is HUGE tho. which brings up another factor, wut is your regular intake/tolerance lvl @? i love my roor btw!
pwf

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i made a batch of hash brownies 2 days ago, and ive been ridin them since. i used a regular betty crocker fudge brownie mix by direction/ then added 3 tablespoons of butter to approx 4 grams of some 160 micron powdered bubble hash in a pan and gave it a little warmth to combine. this mixture went into the brownie mix then into the pan and got cooked at 300* fahrenheit in a glass 8x8. ive been eating about half a gram in each of my brownie doses (1/8 the pan) i should note that i have a sizable tolerance from smoking nothing but bubble for months now.

any errors or anything else that seems strange in the above post is attributed to the brownies as i had my 2nd dose... about an hour ago heh.

G

I use 1/2 gram of bud per brownie. I suggest you start with a 1/4. It is a good idea to use a controlled dose, I suggest a mini-muffin pan. Mix everything together and then pour individually into each muffin @ 1/2 full. I have experienced extreme variation when just dumped into a pan. I believe what happened is the oils moved to the bottom when heated then drifted to the edges due to the shape of the pan. Well I prefer the edge pieces and ended up getting the highest i've ever been and it lasted a looooooong time.

After some practice you'll know just what you need for intensity and duration.

Last edited:
G

I've never made butter. Seems like a great way to improve the taste. Is there any taste to butter?

Last edited:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
butter has a very definite taste to anyone whos ever tasted mj before, especially in cooked products but its much less defined if you use just butter and no herbal materials/extracts in the food at the end. hash is a good way of minimizing flavor/smell whilst maximizing desired effects.

rsteeb

Filling a couple of balloons on the Volcano removes most of the flavor and about half the THC from the herb, (while decarboxylating it --a good thing). I like about 1/2 Oz of well-powdered Volcano-savings to a dozen gingerbread muffins (along with herbal butter when possible as the shortening)!

420 dawg

There's no real science to use.

There's no real science to use.

When I've made my brownies, I used a boxed brand of mix. To it I would add either a half oz of my very finely ground Durban leaf or an eigth of the bud ,again finely ground. I would bake it according to the box. I would get 6 pieces that would buzz ya to the moon. The high would last about 2 to 3 hours.
Worked for me!
420 Dawg :joint:

Budstarr

i know how to make the cannbutter and everything. i'm trying to figure out how much bud (theoretically) should be in each brownie at the end.

for example, if i use 7.0 grams of bud in a brownie mix, should i cut in to 7 brownies so that there is ~1.0g/brownie, or should i cut into 14 brownies so that there is ~0.5g/brownie, etc etc

28 grams of weed @ 10% THC = 2800 mg. a single dose is 35mg.
7.0 grams cut into 14 pieces would be 50 mg per brownie. That is closer to a double dose.

Latest posts

Latest posts