What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA strikes Syria again

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think that you need to read what I typed again since I didn't say or equate that Muslims are not feminists. What I did say was that how are you ever going to console Islam with feminism?....It would need to change drastically as in some sort of REFORMATION...

Islamic feminism under fire?

Despite its relative novelty, Islamic feminism has been criticised. Many question how a feminist approach can be reconciled with Islam, which critics view as an inherently patriarchal ideology.

Abu Bakr responds to such critiques by saying that ″such definitions of feminism are superficial and are limited to liberal feminism. In reality, there are various different kinds of feminism, such as leftist feminism, as well as the Christian and Jewish feminist movements.″

She adds that ″feminist movements that take off from within religious circles are not novel and feminism is not exclusive to liberal ideology; it is diverse and nuanced.″

Another critique of Islamic feminism draws a parallel between them and the ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood. Abu Bakr also views this line of inquiry as lacking and explains that Islamic feminism is subjected to a two-sided attack. On the one hand, it is attacked by liberals, who seek to monopolise feminism for their own causes, while on the other opposition also comes from conservatives and traditionalists, who condemn them for being too liberal and for questioning the tenets of Islam that they view as inviolable.

Between both the liberal Western critiques and the attempts by Islamist fundamentalists to squeeze them out of the picture, it is often the voices of Muslim women themselves that are left unheard.

https://en.qantara.de/content/womens-rights-in-islam-can-feminism-be-islamic

It is a clash of ideologies to an extent, but when you start equating that Muslims are not feminists this is simply wrong! you are looking at Muslims in the extremist view just like someone someone would equate catholic's in Ireland to be IRA fundamentalists...

Many Muslim majority countries have female heads of states and secretaries look at Bangladesh and Sheikh Hasina

On FGM, it is not a fundamental Muslim practice and it originated in pre Muslim Africa.. I mean Ethiopia is a Christian country but one of the worst offenders of this cultural practice, and the largest Muslim countries do not practice it at all, though I'm sure the press love to revel in it!!

For me Governments want you fighting the "enemy" that is Muslims just like before them it would of been the Irish, Polish, Pakistanis, Romanians, West Indians, Indians etc etc
Divide and Conquer has always been their way and it continues, Land grabs in central cities blah blah blah

The film Blue collar was done in 78 and nothing has changed...

Last edited:
Y

Yard dog

The very fact you say "console Islam with Feminism" what needs to be consoled? the same would apply to all religions wouldn't it? especially in Christianity were women have been treated with contempt since the dawn of the doctored "bible" writings...

I mean you seem to agree with this;

Abu Bakr responds to such critiques by saying that ″such definitions of feminism are superficial and are limited to liberal feminism. In reality, there are various different kinds of feminism, such as leftist feminism, as well as the Christian and Jewish feminist movements.″

She adds that ″feminist movements that take off from within religious circles are not novel and feminism is not exclusive to liberal ideology; it is diverse and nuanced.″

Perhaps your choice of consoled would be better like they have used reconciled? but then that is more a problem with the critic of Islam than it is with Islamic feminists (as stated above)

Last edited:
Y

Yard dog

.It would need to change drastically as in some sort of REFORMATION...

Some will need change just like some in other religions need to change too, but to state the whole of Islam needs to change is wrong.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
To 'console' means to comfort.....so I was merely stating how feminism can comfort Islam in these difficult times when it seems to be in such a quandary. Traditionally Islam has been well known as a patriarchal ideology, and in the main it still is today.

The same can be said about the other Abrahamic religions....equality of the sexes is not encouraged or even sanctioned by some groups, quite the contrary.

*what 'mutilation bit' are you on about?

Y

Yard dog

To 'console' means to comfort.....so I was merely stating how feminism can comfort Islam in these difficult times when it seems to be in such a quandary. Traditionally Islam has been well known as a patriarchal ideology, and in the main it still is today.

The same can be said about the other Abrahamic religions....equality of the sexes is not encouraged or even sanctioned by some groups, quite the contrary.

*what 'mutilation bit' are you on about?

I think I've made the mutilation bit up!! for me the problem lies more in religion and feminism.. so not exclusive to Islam

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
No....definitely not exclusive to Islam, but Islam is a good example.

Perhaps that is why the words 'Islamic Feminist' strike most people as being quite the oxymoron.

I think I've made the mutilation bit up!! for me the problem lies more in religion and feminism.. so not exclusive to Islam

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool discussion.

the interesting point made by Islamic Historians about womans rights and Islam, actually see the prophet of Islam as a liberator of woman. this sounds crazy at first glance, but they go on to explain that in the pre Islamic Arab society woman were granted zero rights, baby girls were often burried at birth, no woman could inherit, with islam came rules allowing woman to inherit, run a business and forbidding the practice of killing baby girls. he limited the number of wives to 4, he allowed woman to divorce, he gave woman protections that they didnt have at the time and if he was alive today, they argue, he'd be with the equal rights side. the central argument being that the rules made by Islam were deffinetly a step up for woman, at the time. the problem is, Islam has failed to move with the time and failed to develop in the original spirit of the religion. actually the opposite has happened a lot of cultural habbits have been mixed in with Islam, like the female genital mutilation, thats an African thing, no Arab does it. same with locking woman up at home, thats not how it was in the times of the prophet of Islam, woman were running their own businesses, he was even employed to one for a number of years, to lead her caravans around. like all religions, men had the say and ended up making rules to their own benefit, specially the rulers were known to make religious edicts to help them stay in power. the point is, if he was here today, he'd probably be appalled at whats become of his religion. even in Christianity we are finding out there was a lot about Jesus life that was hidden, he might even have been married and Marie of Magdalena was most likely one of his most important followers.

whether its an old crone in an African village mutilating the next generation of girls, (as she was mutilated), or some King declaring war for God, it all comes down to abusing religion for the sake of power, revenge and getting your own way. only a shame that so many people are still so stupid to believe God wants them to do harm to others.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

I guess that Islam is going thru its 'Dark Ages', and if it is not going to reform itself, then it will crumble and fall...

The big problem is that there is not much if any unity throughout Islam.....there are constant internal wars being fought.

M

moose eater

Ask Malcolm X

Per the COINTELPRO book, there was a rivalry between Malcolm and another church's leader in the same area, and via anonymous communications, the other church's leadership was made to believe that Malcolm intended to kill their head, or have him killed.

It was one of many cases where the feds, under J. Edgar Hoover, operating illegally, made efforts to incite issues.

Another example involved the sending of anonymous releases and letters indicating that Sharon Tate was carrying the baby of a Black Panther.

In the case of Malcolm, they created a heated rivalry where there was already some degree of competition, and milked it for what it was worth, culminating in Malcolm's death.

Hoover was one twisted individual. It's no wonder he struggled for power with the likes of Johnson and Nixon. Another case where the players involved deserved each other.

Brother Nature

Don't usually read the Onion, but these articles are brutal, but damn funny.

https://www.theonion.com/idf-soldier-recounts-harrowing-heroic-war-story-of-kil-1826048745

https://www.theonion.com/netanyahu-provides-stunning-new-evidence-that-iranians-1825694150

https://www.theonion.com/netanyahu-begins-calling-for-israeli-return-to-ancient-1825925581

Makes me laugh that a satirical magazine can get more right than those 'intellectual' journalists over at the Times and other established media companies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
IDF Soldier Recounts Harrowing, Heroic War Story Of Killing 8-Month-Old Child

https://www.theonion.com/idf-soldier-recounts-harrowing-heroic-war-story-of-kil-1826048745

JERUSALEM—Describing the terrifying yet valiant experience to his fellow battalion members, Israel Defense Forces soldier Yossi Saadon recounted Tuesday his harrowing, heroic war story of killing an 8-month-old Palestinian child during a violent attack against protesters. “It was a heart-pounding experience—there was smoke and gunfire all around me, and I made a split-second decision to hurl that canister of tear gas at the encroaching infant cradled in her father’s arms,” said Saadon to the group of awed soldiers, describing the chills that went up and down his spine as he realized that all he had was his M16 assault rifle and some tear gas to defend himself against the unarmed Palestinian family standing only dozens of yards away. “I could see the whites of the baby’s eyes and hear her terrifying cries, and I knew it was either her or me. And this wasn’t some newborn infant, you know? This was a baby who could probably sit up independently. I was scared, but I acted quickly to throw that tear gas at her and her older sister. And who knows how many lives I saved when I shot the women trying to help her?” At press time, Saadon’s battalion commander informed him that he was submitting his name for the Medal of Valor, the IDF’s highest honor.

crazy part is that it's pretty close to what actually happened, a baby ended up dieing from exposure to tear gas.

jidoka

I somehow feel less human after reading that. A pathetic pos coward I get, the system that rewards the pussy...just no

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I somehow feel less human after reading that. A pathetic pos coward I get, the system that rewards the pussy...just no

its the onion, it does comedy. all the stuff about the idf guy is made up. we do know a baby died from getting exposed to tear gas, but the baby might have been holding a stone. the idf was about a kilometer away using drones to drop tear gas on the masses protesting for the right to return to their ancestral land, in many cases they have the deeds to their lands, even house keys.

basically the onion does this comedy report about it and everyone thinks the real atrocities are part of the onion piece. sneaky. it is pretty crazy to watch some of the shooting vids, guys are far from the fence holding a flag when you see them collapse from sniper fire. it's like how was the guy possibly a threat to the soldier or any Israeli? and these situations happened again and again, they even executed a reporter wearing clear press insignia, he also wasn't attacking anyone. i did see some vids where the Palestinians really were trying to break through the fence, those cases are rarer then the shooting fish in a barrel cases. there is video of the idf snipers celebrating shooting some guy half a mile or more away. thats against the law, they are only allowed to use lethal force if they are under threat of harm, not just because someone got a bit close to the fence, or not because someone is waving a flag and chanting insults at you. the fact that nikki haily was defending this blatant war crime as defending yourself, will come back to haunt the US. the reputational damage to the sense of US being a just country is made even worse by this kind of blatant bias to one side, while they want to be the "neutral" arbitrator. it's a huge joke

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
To the Israeli's its just 'Thinning Out The Herd'....

They get the chance to kill hundreds (or thousands) of potential future human threats now...

Just like shooting fish in a barrel.

militia420

To the Israeli's its just 'Thinning Out The Herd'....

They get the chance to kill hundreds (or thousands) of potential future human threats now...

Just like shooting fish in a barrel.

Most "Israeli's" come from parts of Russia. If you and others aren't familiar with the Bolshevik Revolution, just do some googling and youtube searches on that phrase. The so called "Russian" revolution of 1917 was not Russian as Alexander Solzhenitsyn will tell you (another name to google). It was a jewish wall street funded venture and it's agents such as Lev Bronstein (Trotsky), Sverdlov, Lenin, and a huge number of others were foreign and jewish and they took on Russian surnames to blend in. Any way, the mass murders of 10s of millions of Russians...yeh guess who was behind that.

This is heavy stuff. But people must become aware of this information as there are millions, hell billions, of lives on the line at this point. This is far greater than just what is going on in Syria. The threads tying to Syria connect through time to many MANY other atrocities.

Honestly, I know many stoners are open to novel information but the knowledge level and focus on what's going on in Syria and seeing through the controlled media lies almost brings tears to my eyes this morning. This was not a site where I expected as many people to be clued in on what was transpiring and to be able to see through the many layers. This isn't meant as a jab at people here but it's just pointing out how difficult it has been to get people to see these things in the years that I've been doing online political activism, since discovering the israeli lead behind 9/11, and after that studying their own publications, literature and history. Many others have found like I do that even our families will tune us out. It's like, political issues are "football" and being on certain sides is picking the winning side, rather than the truth.

I just want to thank all of you who have the balls to stand for what's right and to always dig deep, as power and politics can be as straight forward as "this guy/group wants this resource/power", or it can be as deceptive as "we shall wage war through deception" (Mossad motto).

Last edited:

militia420

Malitia420, I agree with all the points you make and thank you for making them, we stand together.

Thank you. I go through spurts of accessing this forum due to health issues. I was astonished to see the number of people who seem to be clued in to what's occurring with Syria and just hope that some of my posts can help guide others to the next level of understanding what's going on here. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. But planning for the worst means studying history intently and identifying as many of the power players as possible. I just hope some peak "knowledge" can be hit by the masses to put things into place to avoid the potential masses slaughter that could be on the horizon globally. These sorts of things come with the species but man do I hope it can be prevented through educated action.

Living on the Big Island of Hawaii, I've been witness to what I think trench warfare scenes looked like in WWI. It's insane to see what the SO2 gasses can do to the forests and how thick the vog can get. And this is without all the killing that WWI involved. The best all of us can do is understand the people around us, and convey information to them in limited quantities, and in a manner that they will be receptive to. Our cumulative actions will hopefully lead to the change that we want to see in the world. I'd certainly like to be able to get back to a more relaxed place like where I was before 2006 and waking up to 9/11 and going down the history rabbit hole that came with it.

militia420

On FGM, it is not a fundamental Muslim practice and it originated in pre Muslim Africa.. I mean Ethiopia is a Christian country but one of the worst offenders of this cultural practice, and the largest Muslim countries do not practice it at all, though I'm sure the press love to revel in it!!

Funny you bring up FGM, I'm sure you're aware of male genital mutilation too. It's terrible that it is the norm in places like the USA. Who knows what sort of long term trauma this causes infant boys by being assaulted shortly after birth in one of their, if not the, most sensitive locations on their body.

For me Governments want you fighting the "enemy" that is Muslims just like before them it would of been the Irish, Polish, Pakistanis, Romanians, West Indians, Indians etc etc

I would argue that it's more along the lines of " hate and kill" the Muslims in their own lands, but "love and embrace" them in your own lands (and if you don't in certain countries like the UK, they'll lock your ass up for complaining about losing your indigenous control and culture). All part of the Odid Yinon plan. There's strong evidence that there never was an Irish famine due to potato blight, but in reality it was a forced food famine induced to force population migration to the Americas for cheap labor. It seems that was the case with most colonies of England, including Australia. There's this ludicrous notion that huge numbers of people from Australia hail from criminal ancestry when in reality England used to have something called "Debter's prisons". And so, England being under the same USURIOUS debt based currency as the USA currently is, many people went broke and prison was a result. But if they wanted to work off the debt they could by being sent to one of these penal colonies like Georgia territory in the eventual USA or to Australia, or other like regions.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Living on the Big Island of Hawaii, I've been witness to what I think trench warfare scenes looked like in WWI. It's insane to see what the SO2 gasses can do to the forests and how thick the vog can get. And this is without all the killing that WWI involved. The best all of us can do is understand the people around us, and convey information to them in limited quantities, and in a manner that they will be receptive to. Our cumulative actions will hopefully lead to the change that we want to see in the world. I'd certainly like to be able to get back to a more relaxed place like where I was before 2006 and waking up to 9/11 and going down the history rabbit hole that came with it.

At least you got the Ocean.

First time I felt normal after 9-11 was about 2 months later when I went skin diving.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
must watch interview with Eva Brtlet

must watch interview with Eva Brtlet

[YOUTUBEIF]DoTiq6qiQMI[/YOUTUBEIF]

she does great work debunking the western regime change narrative.