What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starting seeds indoors to move outside for more veg and flowering.

maxpash

It's my 3rd year growing outdoors in fabric pots in rural SoCal. This year I started my seeds some reg some fem in Solo cups under (4) 6500 t12s and set the timer for 18 hours on at 6 a.m. and off at midnight. Now they are about 3 weeks old and showing first true leaf set.
I want to transplant them soon to final pots outdoors around the beginning of may but outdoor daylight here in SoCal is about 12.5 hours per day now and will be about 14.5 hours per day at the solstice.
If I stop giving them the t12 light now and they stay in a greenhouse for the next month or move outside, what will happen?
Will they start to flower and then stunt and reveg?
Is it too late, should I start over fresh?
Thank you for your input.

smokditup

Gott be careful chuckin veggin plants outdoors if the days are not short enough they will do the weird reveg monstercrop and then flower properly.

maxpash

Gott be careful chuckin veggin plants outdoors if the days are not short enough they will do the weird reveg monstercrop and then flower properly.

Currently moving them outside daily for sun then back in for supplemental light in the evening and morning. Planning cut the lights and move them out for good on May 15 when we have new moon and daylight hits nearly 14 hours/day.