What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Man gets 11 pounds of pot in mail by mistake

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"spray styrofoam"? ( like great stuff? )

Man gets 11 pounds of pot in mail by mistake
pot-delivery-sacramento.jpg

It sounds like a stoner's dream, but it's been a bit of a nightmare for a California man who recently got an unexpected FedEx delivery: 11 pounds of marijuana.
George Burton, from Sacramento, Calif., said the FedEx Kinkos box—with his name and return address handwritten on it—was left on his porch Thursday.
Burton and his dog sitter cut it open to find a layer of spray Styrofoam.
"We break into it, I look and say, 'This isn't what I think it is,'" Burton told Sacramento's KXTV.
Burton turned the pot over to police, who believe his address was picked at random. But Burton and his fiancee decided to temporarily leave their home out of fear the intended recipient may resort to violence after discovering the pot—worth about $24,000—is gone.
A sign posted on his front door reads: "Kinkos/FedEx Box Given to Sac Police."
"I'm really concerned someone is going to come looking for this," Burton said. "People have gotten hurt for a lot less than $24,000 worth of marijuana."

Video included:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/pot-delivery-marijuana-fedex-box-134825415.html

G

greenmatter

oooohhhh the drama!

i bet nobody who is pissed off about the 24K gives a fuck about this guy or his fiance .......... i bet they want to know who put the wrong address on the box really really bad though

bet ya nobody calls the fucking news about that story

from the look on the newslady's face it was her stash

Last edited:

blastfrompast

Veteran
They probably sent it there as they were away (dog sitter?)...package gets left on doorstep, guy uses online tracking to find out when it gets delivered....package gets dropped off...he picks it up...USUALLY..

This is one of those cases where Usually can be a PITA..lol

Gelado`

Veteran
If he was a stoner he'd probably be working his way through it now with a BIG grin on his face. :)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Sending weed TO Cali?!?!?!?!??!! THATS a fuckin NEW ONE!
musta come from Colorado... I say he was involved, got para he was under surveillance :angrymod: acted like it was a mistake... Now he's a TV star ha ha ha

C'on who mails that amount and doesn't check the address is correct?

Gelado`

Veteran
Whoever sent it used the guy's address as a return address: they probably live close by and figured they could pick it back up off his porch if it was returned. Whoever he sent it to didn't pick it up, so it went back to CA, and the sender didn't know about it or have time to get it, or alternatively, was just using the dude's address with no intention of attempting to reclaim the bud.

What a waste. :(

B

BasementGrower

people shouold be smarter.. put a GPS tracking Device inside the box.. with ur weed.. then follow the Driver.. and grab the package as he drops it off!!!!!!! dumbass

grower_27

That would be nice to jave on the porch. I cant get anyone with the balls to ship out east and do it right but people have accidental mailings. Lol, thats great.

grower_27

Wasnt the address, it was a return address that was made up because the sender obviously sent it illegaly and didnt want it to come back to him. As far as the mistake to where it was going and why it was returned. Who knows. Lol maybe he was tipped off someone was watching and got scared and denied the package and no one really watching but paranoia.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
musta come from Colorado... I say he was involved, got para he was under surveillance :angrymod: acted like it was a mistake... Now he's a TV star ha ha ha

C'on who mails that amount and doesn't check the address is correct?

11 x 2500.00 so he folded his hand cause of paranoia. I doubt it.

at least sell it for lawyer fund lol. anyhow, what a bummer for the sender. but yea, double check your addy bud lol