What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem Meal Soil Additive Question

THCA

Hey Guys, I have a question about adding Neem meal into Promix as an additive for bug defence. I am growing indoors in flower beds with promix, and use salt based foods like GH and advanced nutrients. Recently I have been looking into and reading about organic no till gardening and I am learning that a lot of people use neem seed meal for bug prevention, I am wondering if this would work in my promix soil with salt based foods.
The reason I ask is I remember someone telling me that if you are going to use anything organic you should not use any salt based foods because the salt will kill the organics... keep in mind I'm not necessarily try to build a crazy organic mycorrhizae soil, I just want to have a better bug defence other than toxic sprays and want to know if it's a waste of time to add neem meal and use salt foods.

Thanks everyone

ozzieAI

Veteran
you will be fine mixing neem meal and salt based nutes...i do it all the time...and yes it stops most bugs...

ozzieAI

Veteran
depends on size of pot...i put 1.5 handful mixed low to stop pests using drain holes and 2 handful mixed into surface dirt...my pots are probably 5 -7 litre....

great outdoors to stop a multitude of pests....long lasting...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hey Guys, I have a question about adding Neem meal into Promix as an additive for bug defence. I am growing indoors in flower beds with promix, and use salt based foods like GH and advanced nutrients. Recently I have been looking into and reading about organic no till gardening and I am learning that a lot of people use neem seed meal for bug prevention, I am wondering if this would work in my promix soil with salt based foods.
The reason I ask is I remember someone telling me that if you are going to use anything organic you should not use any salt based foods because the salt will kill the organics... keep in mind I'm not necessarily try to build a crazy organic mycorrhizae soil, I just want to have a better bug defence other than toxic sprays and want to know if it's a waste of time to add neem meal and use salt foods.

Thanks everyone
You do know that GH has an organic line of nutes as well do you? :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hey Guys, I have a question about adding Neem meal into Promix as an additive for bug defence. I am growing indoors in flower beds with promix
Neem seed meal has been shown to cause CHS symptoms in the more sensitive cannabis users. Cannabis pulls azadirachtin from the seed meal and stores it very well until harvest time.

Personally, I use mosquito bits or BTbits or some other bacterial control for gnats/larva in the soil. Mites and other bugs I use alcohol/water sprays. It's root aphids which are my current issue in this new area I'm in. lol

:tiphat:

jidoka

Neem seed meal has been shown to cause CHS symptoms in the more sensitive cannabis users. Cannabis pulls azadirachtin from the seed meal and stores it very well until harvest time.

Personally, I use mosquito bits or BTbits or some other bacterial control for gnats/larva in the soil. Mites and other bugs I use alcohol/water sprays. It's root aphids which are my current issue in this new area I'm in. lol

Citation on the aza?

Cvh

Supermod

D.C. You say it's been shown that neem causes CHS symptoms. Would you mind for my reference point me to studies or other evidence were you base your statements on?

Can you also post some results from tissue testing where there was azadirachtin left in the end product?

I don't have studies but I used need seed meal a few times in my Organic soil mix, and my bud was burning a bit harsh with black ash till I stopped using it. Just my own experience, not trying to stop you. It might of been the amount I used because it does add N.

Douglas.Curtis

D.C. You say it's been shown that neem causes CHS symptoms. Would you mind for my reference point me to studies or other evidence were you base your statements on?
I grow clean with zero pesticides. Twice I've used aza based insecticides, once on purpose to fully test what I had experienced and once more to verify what I suspected. Aza causes all-over muscle tension, slowing of digestion, gas in the intestines, vomiting without nausea, low level nausea in the mornings, hypothermia and a few other symptoms.

Plants treated with aza by spray and root drench two weeks into flower triggered CHS. The same genetics (several strains) which were not treated caused zero issues and actually helped with the problems from the aza. 72-80 day strains.

Years of questioning sufferers of CHS have revealed Azadirachtin, Neem seed meal or Neem oil were used during the cultivation of the cannabis.

Can you also post some results from tissue testing where there was azadirachtin left in the end product?
I don't happen to have a budget for such tests. I do, however, have thousands of anecdotal references which can be directly tied to azadirachtin, neem seed meal or neem oil use.

I've personally tested this and verify 100% that at least 90% of all CHS cases can be directly attributed to azadirachtin poisoning. The only cases of CHS where aza cannot be attributed are the ones where the sufferers are unaware of the history of the cannabis they used. Except one guy in Australia, where neem trees grow naturally.

eastcoastjoe

I grow clean with zero pesticides. Twice I've used aza based insecticides, once on purpose to fully test what I had experienced and once more to verify what I suspected. Aza causes all-over muscle tension, slowing of digestion, gas in the intestines, vomiting without nausea, low level nausea in the mornings, hypothermia and a few other symptoms.

Plants treated with aza by spray and root drench two weeks into flower triggered CHS. The same genetics (several strains) which were not treated caused zero issues and actually helped with the problems from the aza. 72-80 day strains.

Years of questioning sufferers of CHS have revealed Azadirachtin, Neem seed meal or Neem oil were used during the cultivation of the cannabis.

I don't happen to have a budget for such tests. I do, however, have thousands of anecdotal references which can be directly tied to azadirachtin, neem seed meal or neem oil use.

I've personally tested this and verify 100% that at least 90% of all CHS cases can be directly attributed to azadirachtin poisoning. The only cases of CHS where aza cannot be attributed are the ones where the sufferers are unaware of the history of the cannabis they used. Except one guy in Australia, where neem trees grow naturally.

Sounds like a pretty scientific explanation to back up your claim...

ozzieAI

Veteran

Not this again....

with all the different medical and scientific professionals looking into CHS not one has identified Neem as the issue...

your own words give away the falsehood of your statements..

I've personally tested this and verify 100% that at least 90% of all CHS cases can be directly attributed to azadirachtin poisoning.

so what is causing the other 10%??

Except one guy in Australia, where neem trees grow naturally.

No they don't...there are Neem trees but they are not native nor are they prevalent

don't be fooled guys DC has been pushing this agenda for a long time now. I strongly suspect he started out as 'The Clean Game' who ranted about this all over the internet with many blogs picking up this. So whilst you may find plenty of people regurgitating that info, you won't find any scientific confirmation of that information.

been using neem cake/oil for over 20 years now and still no chs...my cancer patients don't get it, no other grower using neem i know has got it....

AGAIN DC...WHERE IS MY CHS??????

Douglas.Curtis

Not this again....

with all the different medical and scientific professionals looking into CHS not one has identified Neem as the issue...

your own words give away the falsehood of your statements..

so what is causing the other 10%??
Hey Ozzie, I figured you'd poke your head in here. Usually you're on ignore, but I figured you'd be dumping your trash in any Neem thread and it's bad for growers.

As you're well aware, since you've asked the same question multiple times, the other 10% are people who don't know the history of the cannabis they're using. Memory issues?

ozzieAI said:
No they don't...there are Neem trees but they are not native nor are they prevalent
You're correct, they were a transplant to australia.

ozzieAI said:
been using neem cake/oil for over 20 years now and still no chs...my cancer patients don't get it, no other grower using neem i know has got it....

AGAIN DC...WHERE IS MY CHS??????
Good for you, it's nice to hear there are people who are less sensitive to it than others. I've also noticed a huge range of sensitivity in people as well. Isn't it fascinating? I've been stung by bees many times in my life and it only hurts, while the same sting will kill others.

Do you seriously need an education on how different people have different reactions to things? I'll bet hard cash you have patients with symptoms from aza, they're just too subtle for them to notice. I've said my peace, any further posts from you will simply be ignored as usual. Have a wonderful life.

Cvh

Supermod

Ok. Thank you for answering my question D.C.
Plz feel free to direct me to a study when you can find one.

:)

Douglas.Curtis

Ok. Thank you for answering my question D.C.
Plz feel free to direct me to a study when you can find one.

:)
My pleasure. Right now, like a great many things cannabis related, it's anecdotal evidence which is mounting. The biggest issue is awareness, and the varying levels in each batch of cannabis makes it difficult for people to pinpoint it.

Got a new bag and 3 days later your digestion has slowed, you're nauseated in the mornings and that football injury is flaring up? That's aza and the beginnings of CHS. There are literally thousands of people eating pain killers for stomach and back pain, completely related to aza.

How do I know? When I've pointed it out to people I've seen suffering, their symptoms go away when they quit using neem/aza tainted cannabis.

Should be stupid simple for the experts to figure out, once they point their studies in that direction. :tiphat:

ozzieAI

Veteran
How do I know? When I've pointed it out to people I've seen suffering, their symptoms go away when they quit using neem/aza tainted cannabis.

really...and NONE of these people, not one reports this, or says thanks, or reaches out to help others via the internet??

maybe my google fu is not what it was but i can't find one single report of people being helped out there..not on forums, blogs or facebook...

and whilst we are at it why don't we just go back to calling Doug his real persona...thecleangame...

https://steemit.com/newauthor/@thec...a-guide-to-full-expression-flowers-free-intro

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=351334

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6058880&postcount=6

why is thecleangame doing this? maybe a case ASW (Attention Seeking Whore)...

how about you cut the bullshit and move on...

Douglas.Curtis

So angry. I hope you get better some day. I've read too much hate from you today already, not going to read this one.

Latest posts

Latest posts