What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth Retail LED Cab... Trials, failures and triumph.

Bud_Bunny

Hello to all.

I have been a lurker here at ICMAG for years. I've watched, and I've studied, and I have dreamed. Then the day came that I decided to dip a toe in the pool myself.

In part because of the money I would save on an annual basis, and two, I could control the quality and safety of the bud I was smoking.
Safety you say? (of 250 samples seized by RCMP and sent for testing, only 2 were not laced with another substance. ie, fentanyl, ect.)
So when I did dip said toe, I threw myself in the deep end and had to swim with shoes on.

my girls under the hood light on my stove, because the still incomplete cab was in my sisters basement.

SOOOO stretchy.

Then the Cab. I have a 4 inch inline fan with can filter, and I was using soil this time. You can see my awful attempt at scrog... yeah, I had no idea what I was doing. And only the two strongest.

Bud_Bunny

But they kept growing despite whatever I was doing. I didn't do much with them. No pruning or topping. I had a unique watering system for when I would be gone for a couple of days at work.

Then I went on vacation for 5 days. My watering system... I fubared it unknowingly before I left and when I came home, they were damn near dead. Lost 90 percent of the fan leaves. This was at like day 47 of flower. Yeah... So the buds at harvest were fluffier than I'd wanted.

day of harvest. You can see how thin she was. I ended up with 2.58oz. and that is every tiny fluffy popcorn bud on them.

Bud_Bunny

And Now for 2.0

And Now for 2.0

So, I had to come up with a better system. I went with a DWC bubbler/SWC? I don't know how deep the rubber made container has to be before it's considered a shallow water or deep water culture. And Do up the Cab right this time.

This is what it looked like after my first grow.

Painted it with Kills, and did the lights up right this time. Yeah, Ill get that last one in... I grabbed the wrong one.

Bud_Bunny

Just a handful of seeds. I was a dumbass though... again. These are regular seeds. I put one of each, instead of two of the same. They could both be males...

-TheShortTexan-

I've got a diary going that is incredibly high temps and the outcome is questionable lol. We do it because we like to. Keep us posted!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Good luck and have fun man. Growing is a journey and we each have our own path. Remember though, the more you grow, the more you grow. :biggrin: