What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making the most of my scraps..

Bobby Boucher

So.. for the past year and a half I have had a god awful pain migrating through my head and shoulders, and a persistent cracking in my jaw and neck. Not to mention a couple hardened lymph nodes that haven't budged since I discovered them 6-7 months ago..

I skate a lot, well, I used to anyways, and for the past 18 months I just figured either father time was catching up with me or I had incurred some kind of whiplash injury. Been seeing the chiropractor for about a year now with no real relief.

Anyways, I've decided to take clean living seriously and start dosing with my scraps instead of throwing them out or giving them away.

Long story short.. I have a near endless supply of qwiso from my 2nd rinses and reclaim from dabbing >1g per day, and I'm curious as to how I could be making the most of what I got in terms of "endocannabinoid regulation" or what-have-you..

Soy lecithin? Adding store bought cbd crystals, spices, oils? Transdermal application? Carriers? Any tips, tricks, skepticisms, and suggestions are appreciated.

TIA for your time and understanding.. I just don't have the neck strength to hold my head up to read and reread every last tidbit of info. This post already cost me everything I got in that particular pocket. I'm just going to post this before I ditch the whole thing during a proof-read in favor of a soft pillow.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Iso causes accumulative tissue damage. What's your source of dabs, how was the cannabis grown, what's the heavy metals content of the soil or nutes, and is there any neem or azadirachtin being used at any point?

At >1g/day, the contaminate load would be my first concern. Second would be my food choices.

Bobby Boucher

i grow my own using the same nutes and res management as you, or close to it. no aza. i process my own dab using quality tane with nice long slow purges and multiple flips.

i am a model eater. all natural diet.

i have probably smoked 10x my weight in cigarettes, though.. and i do drink an ungodly amount of coffee..

sorry i still call it qwiso even though I have used grain alcohol for anything edible for some time.. using iso for topicals.

More wondering how I can get the most out of my reclaim and 2nd rinses. Should I use an emulsifier? Add some terpenes? Decarb it more than it already has? Should I consider looking into transdermal carriers and applying it directly to lymph nodes?

I just ate a little .3 that was dripping from my enail this morning like a pill and felt quite a bit of a relief. Bout to eat another one. Still wondering if I'm taking this right.. or if I am even taking the right thing.. but it seems to be giving me some relief from the anxiety anyways..

Douglas.Curtis

Your reclaim is already decarbed. Kudos on using eth. ;)
Personally, I'd try dissolving in eth and adding to a powder. I recently poured decarbed and re-dissolved eth/extract into toasted brown rice flour. Worked great, mixed evenly and easily and made great canna-caps after the eth evaped.

Mixing some with a quality olive oil and some lavender essential oil makes a great topical. I'd apply it all around the lymph node areas.

Perhaps grab some green tea caffeine and cut back on the coffee for a bit? I'd be looking to see what's causing the lymph node backup, your body is fighting something.

Bobby Boucher

Next step looks like an MRI.. which is going to run me a pretty penny.

I haven't thought far into it, considering the symptoms resemble a whiplash injury, which all began occurring after a small routine slip up I had which for whatever reason brought about a pretty severe whiplash..

But..

I got a couple swollen lymph nodes right up next against each other on my neck.. and 18 months of relentless pain around the affected area.. so.. I donno.. The anxiety of it possibly being something a bit more sinister seems worse than the pain at this point. Google always tells you that you're dying too, so that doesn't help.

I spent near 20 years jumping off of rooftops and down fire escapes so.. I expected some chronic pain going into my 30s.. but.. jesus.. not quite like this.. It's become a full time job, and a burden on everyone around me, despite my best efforts.

Bobby Boucher

Thanks for taking the time to respond.. ol' dougy ol' pal. I think my 3rd dose is kicking in hard enough to try and satisfy my need to read and re-read the same f'n posts I've already read a thousand times over the years regarding the matter.

Years of my life could have been better spent if I could retain a single fuckin thing I've ever read. I'm such an idiot..

Such a stupid idiot..

Douglas.Curtis

My pleasure. I'm always interested in passing on info which helps. On that note... there are a couple things I'd do in your situation.

- Remove food choices as an issue. You state you eat clean food and that's dang difficult for most. There are foods which can increase inflammation and foods your body can treat as an infection/invader. My wife and I have spent 10+ years working with blood type food choices. When body pH and parents blood types are considered, it's worked for everyone we've brought the information to. Without paying attention to pH and parental blood types, it's hit or miss. :)

- MSM MethylSulfonylMethane is a bio-available form of sulfur which is supposedly less toxic than water. I take 3-5 grams in the morning and afternoon, and I can tell when I skip a dose because my pain ratchets up. Joints, muscles, all kinds of great benefits to using it. Look it up and then buy a pound or so of food grade, it's available in bulk from a lot of places.

- Stay Medicated. I get the best pain, brain, digestion relief when I regularly use edibles or canna-caps. Best results seem to kick in at about week 3. ;)

Good luck and be glad you're still around to kick yourself. lol

Concentrates are poor medicine, especially quick wash. Dont ask me to explain it I'm just above the hype and know plenty who say the same thing.. Buy a vape, set at 400 and start getting twice the relief.

Every time somone says "If i had to buy enough flower to match the concentrate i require...". I'm just rolling my eyes thinking damn you dont know how to smoke then. Something missing from extracts all together that makes it through the herb vape...

Easy7

Veteran
Nick the tobacco smoking as that will increase inflammation. Try vaping to cut back or stop smoking.