What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$3000?

tragic1

Hey eveyone what's up? I have a question that I'm sure will get all diffrent kinds of answers, but thats what I'm hoping for. If you had $3000, unlimited space and all the genetics you need. What would you buy for your set-up. Also hydro or soil and why. Thanks in advance, I'm sure you guys will have some great ideas. BTW- I'm looking to produce quanity without compromising quality.

racketeer

Wow, unlimited space and all the genetics you need? Sounds like a dream come tru!

How about just growing them all outdoors or in a greenhouse?
Probably not or you would have already done it.

I know I would do a hydro setup, not so much for the speed, would only really help in Veg because in flower it's all pretty much the same. Hydro because of the ease and less mess not having to deal with soil. Water, nutes.

I have seen some pretty impressive large scale Krusty/Freedom Bucket grow ops.

tragic1

Hey rack. Yeah outside really isn't an option for me.I was thinking hydro but have not used it before. I was wondering for alittle more specific answers if you could. Like kind of everyones idea for best materials, lights and such for the money. thanks

racketeer

How big are you trying to grow? I know you said unlimited space but how much weight are you trying to pull down?

If it was me and had plenty of controlled enviromet space and wanted 6-10lbs/2 months. i had a set up like this and it was running well until it got shut down for reasons Ill not go into right now. A building 12x20, In the main flower room 12x10 I ran 4 1000wHPS with paroblic hoods bulbs hung vertilely, all mylar walls. a goood ac in back of that room in the veg/ seedling clone area(the other half of the building)I had veg area 0f 6x7 area under 1000w of MH . Also in the roon I framed a 4x8 closetw/door, put shelf in it with 7- 4 foot dbl bulb flos. I got a crude diagram of what once was the design of the veg clone closet. I twill take about a yr to fill all rooms and have thngs running smoothyly. I usually run 30 in flower 35-40 in veg and clone room filled to capacity. veg untill 18-20" then flower giving you a plant ( once a desired strain is chosen). afghani(smells) or NL is good easy to grow Anyway you get a plant 4-5' tall yeilding 5.5-6.5 onces. I use organics because it is easier for me To mix soil and be able to be left alone unattended for a few days evry now and then. IMHO hydro with all the pumps and dependance on electricity( during storms here elec may go out for a day or two. PH buffering PPM minoriting, with soil mostly just water with occasional (2-3 times) feed fish emulsions in veg and 2=3 feeding of bat guano tea during flower. This will give you what you want or set it up on a pupetual harveat taking one plant/ 2 days(5.5-6.5 oz) or all at once 6-10lbs more with good growing/ 2 months. Everone develops his own system have plenty of vebntalation and wind moving in the room. Later Sorry can attach photo

Lothar420

3 grand 6 lbs no problem

6 1000 watters for lights about 1000 bucks (about a pound per)
good ventalation anouther 6-800 bucks (you can never have to much)
soil say 100 bucks or so
for hydro depending on the system you go with but the pump is the primary unit don't scimp a good pump is soooo worth it about 4-500 bucks
if you want to crop every 2 months you would want to go with more of a smaller plant system rather than a bucket system so either tables or troughs
4 x 8 tables are about 100 bucks a piece 2 lights per so 3 tables 300 bucks with fittings ,drainage and other incedentals add anouther 200 bucks about
anouther large expense is the electrical system depending on what you wanna do you could always get away with doing the whole thing for a couple of hundred of coarse but I always recomend that you should use a sub panel ,so timers, sub panel, relays etc etc for a 6000 watt system under $500
Mylar, plastic and all the other little crap that comes up a few hundred more
air cooled hoods are awsome BUT more expensive and require more blowers and fans etc etc
circulation fans for air movement in the room about 30 bucks a piece you need about 4-5 of them (3 tables)air movement very important

Other thing should be taken into consideration such as do you need a carbon filter , whats your water like do you need revers osmosis or whatever hundreds of variables

Then ferts and additives depends on what you wanna use but GH say for a crop $100

I think with unlimited space building a user friendly space would be my first priority

Now what I would do with unlimited space .... seperate grow and veg rooms
I would go with a trough system with 3 seperate hydro systems to allow for 3 different rotations in the flower room, that way I would have a 7 week strain and say a 9 weeker and on the 3rd haze croping in 14 weeks
I would also keep Moms as well as a Male plant area to perpetuate seeds from my favorites

tragic1

Thanks for all the ideas so far. Keep em' coming. Does anyone here have anyexperience with the autopot system?

teddynugent

I have a couple used AeroFlo 60's that I'd like to get rid of to fund my grow. I'm still keeping 2 for myself, but have 2 or 3 extra's if your interested(they are over $1000 new, but I'll give ya a good deal). I went right from soil to the AeroFlo and couldn't be happier. A lot of my friends grow hydro or soil and after seeing my aeroflo, just about all my friends but the 2 strictly soil guys switched to the Aero, no lie. The yield and speed of growth is well above any other system I've seen yet and there is no compromise in quality. Just my opinion though. You can watch the damn things grow if you have everything tuned in right. It's like Jack and the BeanStalk LOL. I'm not trying to sell you my aeroflo or anything like that. I just love the system and honestly would never use anything else. Well, I use soil when I do a small grow. The AeroFlo can be run a couple different ways. One way is with all 6 tubes side-by-side, and another is with 3 tubes on each side which gives the plants a lot more space to grow. Either way though, you need a space at least 8ft. in length and 5ft. in width more if it's stretched out and maybe a little bit less when it's run compact. So you need space to use it for sure.

If your looking for the highest yields, I would go with aeroponics for sure. There's no compromise in quality either. You can build you own too if you'd like ( I think there's a how-to in OG's FAQ's). It's the highest yielding system that I have ever used. Oh, they also sell screens that attach to the AeroFlo so you can SCROG it. I HAVE to try that some day soon. I can't even imagine what the yields would be like! Has anyone tried it yet??? I would LOVE to see some pics.

Here's some pictures and information on General Hydroponics AeroFlo systems. There's a link to the price list at the bottom of the page.
http://www.genhydro.com/aero2-60.html

Let me know what you end up with and if you choose to go with the aeroflo let me know and I'll give you a good deal on one of mine if you'd like(probably $500 at most, maybe less depending on shipping).

-Teddy

King

$$$$

$$$$

Get some cheap 4x4 E&F tables and 2-1000watters. Save the rest of your money. Pull two pounds off the tables and get yourself an Omegagarden. Save the tables, they come in handy for cloning. And you're set. 4-6 pounds every 2 months using 1200 watts. Doesn't get any more efficient.

Latest posts

Latest posts