What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis cures psoriasis (with pics)

shmalphy

Veteran
I have had psoriasis for 20 years until I tried using a topical cannabis extract this week, and it is almost fully healed within 3 days. I am truly so shocked and elated to see how well this has worked. I stopped treating it years ago when I found out how bad the steroid creams were, and I was never willing to try the self injected medication that is the leading treatment on the market now, because of the side effects like tuberculosis and lymphoma that are actually quite common with them. Instead, I made bubble hash out of fan leaves and mixed it with coconut oil, and applied it twice daily.

Here are pics of my left knee, first one is untreated and the second one is on the morning of my third day of treatment, before that days first treatment.
5fd61f9700e4ef3bfad89d988d556ea9_856214.jpg

826ce3a8328753692eff078ffb4d2f51_856215.jpg

As you can see, the dry scaly plaques are gone, and only slight redness remains, and that seems to be shrinking rapidly. I will continue to update this thread with my progress.

shmalphy

Veteran
Thanks StRa!

I really can't believe I didn't try this sooner. The best results are on my scalp, you really can't see it that well, but it feels a million times better.

Lammy

Wow! Nice.
How do you get bubble hash to mix with coconut oil?
What do you use for Coconut oil? A lotion, coconuts?
How many grams did you use to make this? How long will that last?

Thanks, I can't wait for updates.

shmalphy

Veteran
I made it with 4 grams of relatively weak bubble hash, which was decarbed for 10 mins at 325 in the oven in a thick ceramic ramekin covered in foil, then used just enough Spectrum brand, organic, expeller pressed, refined coconut oil to dissolve the hash into a paste. I made 20 capsules with it (my initial plan was to make it all into caps to eat, but I ran out), and have been using the rest on 4 patches that are the size of my palm, and my scalp for 3 days, and I gave some to my mom to try on her eczema. I estimate it will last me for another week or so.

This is made from fan leaf too, so it really goes a long way IMO, it isn't nearly as expensive as the prescriptions I used to get, I'd say a $20 gram of hash a month or so give or take.

I don't really know yet if it is gone for good or if I need to apply everyday or it will come back. I will keep track and let you know. I also am also going on a long bike ride today to see if my psoriatic arthritis symptoms are any better, which would be a huge improvement for me. I did a short ride yesterday, and I have less joint pain than usual, which is great.

S

SeaMaiden

I have had psoriasis for 20 years until I tried using a topical cannabis extract this week, and it is almost fully healed within 3 days. I am truly so shocked and elated to see how well this has worked. I stopped treating it years ago when I found out how bad the steroid creams were, and I was never willing to try the self injected medication that is the leading treatment on the market now, because of the side effects like tuberculosis and lymphoma that are actually quite common with them. Instead, I made bubble hash out of fan leaves and mixed it with coconut oil, and applied it twice daily.

Here are pics of my left knee, first one is untreated and the second one is on the morning of my third day of treatment, before that days first treatment.
View Image
View Image

As you can see, the dry scaly plaques are gone, and only slight redness remains, and that seems to be shrinking rapidly. I will continue to update this thread with my progress.
That's AMAZING!

My grandmother suffers from psoriasis, and it can get pretty bad. She's got a bad spot on the inside of one leg right now. She's 94 and getting the usual treatments, but it's my mom who's overseeing it. This is good, because my mother is very pro-MMJ and if we can get an easy recipe to her, I think she may try this.

Bubble hash made from fans extracted into coconut oil? Will you share your ratios? I can probably make some for her right now, and we've had snow all weekend so it's perfect bubble hash-making weather.
I made it with 4 grams of relatively weak bubble hash, which was decarbed for 10 mins at 325 in the oven in a thick ceramic ramekin covered in foil, then used just enough Spectrum brand, organic, expeller pressed, refined coconut oil to dissolve the hash into a paste. I made 20 capsules with it (my initial plan was to make it all into caps to eat, but I ran out), and have been using the rest on 4 patches that are the size of my palm, and my scalp for 3 days, and I gave some to my mom to try on her eczema. I estimate it will last me for another week or so.

This is made from fan leaf too, so it really goes a long way IMO, it isn't nearly as expensive as the prescriptions I used to get, I'd say a $20 gram of hash a month or so give or take.

I don't really know yet if it is gone for good or if I need to apply everyday or it will come back. I will keep track and let you know. I also am also going on a long bike ride today to see if my psoriatic arthritis symptoms are any better, which would be a huge improvement for me! I did a short ride yesterday, and I have less joint pain than usual, which is great.
If you're making it into capsules, are you eating it or applying it topically?

hazy

Veteran
I'm just starting to get interested in balms and creams, thanks for the coconut oil info. I'm really glad to see our fave plant has so many other applications.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey shmalphy, that sounds like great news. I know a few people that have this kinda bad so I was happy when I ran into this thread. Keep us updated but i'll probably PM you in a sometime in the near future and see how things are. Very interesting, glad you took the time to experiment with this. Take care 1

THC123

Veteran
i made some oil for my mom but it didnt help with the psoriasis, but it helped with the itching

maybe next time ill make it from hash instead of trim

BongRipkenJR.

Awesome!

Have you tried a mixture of de carbed hash and hash left alone? Prior to decarboxylation THC is in an acid form known as THC-A. THC-A has no real psychoactive effect, but has shown great promise as an anti inflammatory. Looks like you are doing great otherwise!

Just for grins and giggles I might try this on my weathered forearms. Just to see if it restores them at all.

Im always amazed with what I read on IC, an with this being one of them wow man. hope everything continues to work for you, cheers
:tiphat:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
shmalphy so great to hear stories like this. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Best wishes to you and your grandmother, be well...DD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im also interested in this. I know a lot of people that suffer from Psoriasis...Please keep us informed on your progress :)

S

Scrappy-doo

What is the danger with the steroid creams? I use that occasionally.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on the strength. What is it call I can give you more info. I use Triamcinolone acetonide sometimes and its listed as a moderately potent steroid. The skin on your face and elbows absorb these medications more rapidly then other parts of your body. Small amounts go a long way. Use sparingly on affected areas

S

Scrappy-doo

It's called:

Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scrappy the Betamethasone dipropionate is listed as a Potent steroid. Your other one is not on my list.. Be careful with the Potent and very potent Steroid creams. Use just enough to cover the effected area. Apply these types of creams just before you go to bed.. Side effects include but not limited to.

Thinning of Skin
Red Rashes
dameged blood cells under the skin...

S

Scrappy-doo

Ouch not cool. Thanks for the info.

It's ridiculous the doc says there's no cure for my dermatitis and they don't know what the cause is. The cream is a must, unfortunately. I'll use it sparingly.