Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2018, 09:17 AM #161
Happy Times

Happy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertrichome View Post
DJ Short speculated the Chocolate Thai he used ect was treated with Colchicine, but he didn't do it.

Colchicine causes Polyploid plants. Less than 2% survive.

Sorry, off topic for the thread, but why would one treat with colchicine to get a polyploid?
Happy Times is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 09:21 AM #162
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Times View Post
Sorry, off topic for the thread, but why would one treat with colchicine to get a polyploid?

Cause colchicine is a mutagen,people that do this things search
for mutation...
Dog Star is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:36 AM #163
Natural high

Natural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Times View Post
The legend (myth) is that creating polyploids can result in plants with monster vigor and copious amounts of THC and potency. I doubt any of the famous strains are polyploid so it's very likely just a myth.
Natural high is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 03:22 PM #164
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to all
So what are we going by to define what makes a potent Indica? The measured cannabinoid profile/ratios? The exact effect or high felt?

For me personally, a potent Indica is one with an extremely relaxing and euphoric buzz. Something that is heavily sedating and makes you pass completely out. I have very bad insomnia and for me a strain like that would be a game changer. From what I hear most people describe this type of bud as very boring and undesirable. I imagine most would try to breed away from these effects. I would personally breed towards them to help myself and others.

Any opinions?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 06:58 PM #165
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcvhunter View Post

Go ahead and buy Bangi Haze from ACE, which is NL x Congo x mexi x affy x white widow.... but dont ever think or pass it off as being Congo landrace x Nepalese landrace.
Damn is this true? Im rowing bangi haze outdoor this year im a sativa guy wish I knew this but still have hope for sativa effects from the reviews.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 07:25 PM #166
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcvhunter View Post
I hear this counter argument all too often, like every time.

But what you dont realize is that these Landraces are safe and are being preserved, in private communities.
So no need to pass them out to everyone and Im sorry you dont understand the point of not selling them.

Also, Im sorry you dont understand the importance of keeping these landraces out of the hands of those who would patent them, like corporations, thus making most hybrids fall under their patent.

ACE is shady as fuck, sorry that you havent been keepingup on wjat Musta and I have been saying.
Reeferman too. He sold Congo that is really NL x Congo x mexi x affy but said its Congo landrace.

Only those who know, know.

The level of entitlement - everyone thinking they have the right to be sold or given landraces - is beyond tiring.

Feel free to pay a lot of momey for Coastal's Panama hybrid x hashplant that he calls a Panama landrace.

Maybe you dont understand the detriment that placing monetary value on landraces has on the purity of landraces. By making landraces valuable, it gets shady people to take a hybrid and sell it as a landrace, thus muddying the genetic pool.

Go ahead and buy Bangi Haze from ACE, which is NL x Congo x mexi x affy x white widow.... but dont ever think or pass it off as being Congo landrace x Nepalese landrace.

Ive got a lot of enemies in the community for taking genetic purity so seriously, but you know who's not my enemy? The plant.

Good luck on your journey

Did ace know what the Congo they were getting was? even if Ace murdered puppies I would believe them over anything Reeferman said or did.

I wouldn't call them shady, it's usually clear what the types of genetics they are offering, they are not in the landrace game, they are clear about that.

the panama is clearly sold as an hybrid of panamanian strains, I see no mention of it being a landrace.
burningfire is online now Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 10:35 PM #167
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Land race is sorta misleading. Humans have been messing with plants and cannabis for ages. They could farm wild for awhile then it kinda goes wild again, then farm it again.

Like afghans, those are very worked. I'd bet a lot of the indian, nepal, and pakistani are worked as well. It's just it as harder for people eons back. Who knows how much lost? Alot of african is also worked.

I don't think older humans were as attached to cannabis. It was not as politically motivated. Or even entirely religious. But there are elements of religon. Opium was far more political.

It's seem there's no consensus on what constitutes a landrace, to me a landrace is something that has been grown in the same area. I don't know what the cutoff time is.. 30,50,100 years? everything is an hybrid if you really think about it.. a landrace is just something that has been grown in a certain part of the world for which it has acclimatized to the climate and soil.

a landrace crop should have high genetic variation to ensure survival.. the only seedbank to me that truly sells some landrace seeds is The real seed company at the moment.. other seedbanks are selling Heirloom seeds, even the real seed company sells heirlooms.
burningfire is online now Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 AM #168
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningfire View Post
It's seem there's no consensus on what constitutes a landrace, to me a landrace is something that has been grown in the same area. I don't know what the cutoff time is.. 30,50,100 years? everything is an hybrid if you really think about it.. a landrace is just something that has been grown in a certain part of the world for which it has acclimatized to the climate and soil.

a landrace crop should have high genetic variation to ensure survival.. the only seedbank to me that truly sells some landrace seeds is The real seed company at the moment.. other seedbanks are selling Heirloom seeds, even the real seed company sells heirlooms.

My understanding is that a landrace is seeds/plants that have grown in their native environemnt , for ages without any kind of human interjection. Where as 'heirloom" are landraces that have been worked by the natives of the area, and bred to their liking/goals. No external modern cannabis genetics injected into the gene-pool. That's what I think of when i hear landrace and heirloom.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:36 AM #169
Natural high

Natural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
Damn is this true? Im rowing bangi haze outdoor this year im a sativa guy wish I knew this but still have hope for sativa effects from the reviews.
Personally I am inclined to trust Ace above certain individuals who seem to have their own agenda, one which is clearly focused on defaming a specific seed company.
Natural high is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:25 PM #170
ambertrichome

ambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really niceambertrichome is just really nice
Heres a good PURE Sativa. Purple Cortino.
Mother of the 100% Pure Sativa Hybrid....Coastal Seeds High Hibisicus.

Father is Puna Budder.

Plants can get 18+ feet tall, and 4 foot colas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRP5W93j...y=coastalseeds

High Bibisicus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP834JTA...y=coastalseeds
ambertrichome is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.