What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam The Skunkman's Original Thai Haze x Skunk #1 History

Sirius

Hi, I was wondering if there was any information floating around on the story of this strain... lineage and history and whatnot... Recently got it as a freebie from Seedbay and read what I could find on here searching for it, sounds exquisite, but I'm curious as to how it was developed.

Murphle

Your right, and I think it is strange. Over the maybe past two years that I've bought seeds from seedbay, I've gotten a pack of either the "Thunk", or previously the DPxSkunk, almost every time as freebies. I still appreciate the freebies!! Thanx to DG, Gypsy and the other cats. Yet when you go to search for it here, little comes up. I wonder how many seeds he originally sent in? 20,000- 30,000. That is a ton of seeds.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha ive now got 20 beans of this strain id love 2 hear about the background, taste and smell even what it yields!! sounds like a good strain 2 cross...

Yea I have a shit load of these beans too, I have a two of about 20 that look really odd. They have a sharp, curled tip where taproot comes out. Any others have O.t.Haze x Sk1 seeds that look like this? I was thinking that maybe it was b/c they are sooo old. I'll have to take a pic.

OldPath

happysun

guess what! i just got these freebies in the mail today! I don't think i'll be growing them anytime soon because they take 12-13 weeks to flower and really stretchy. doesn't seem worth it to me right now...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
happysun said:
guess what! i just got these freebies in the mail today! I don't think i'll be growing them anytime soon because they take 12-13 weeks to flower and really stretchy. doesn't seem worth it to me right now...
that is too bad, I am really diggin this smoke. Grown in a one gallon pot and got bent over to assume the position it is about four feet tall if stood up straight. If you don't veg in your flower room then you should try some.

Sam the Skunkman, What is the difference in the original and Thai Haze?

Lean Green said:
Sam the Skunkman, What is the difference in the original and Thai Haze?

I believe it refers to the Haze phenos used in the cross. The Original used a classic Haze pheno, while the Thai Haze used a Haze pheno with much in common with its distant thai heritage.

But of course, if Sam could fill in the blanks, that would be much appreciated.

Peace

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
love to hear a story from sam himself might entice me to grow this strain sooner than i was going 2!!!!!! (i was going to leave it b4 i finish my 2 other grows)...but if sam has a story im sure alot of people would love 2 hear it!!!

Wonderon

Seems like it will be a worthy grow. I have 10 of these beans to work with myself and fully intend to give them a go when I am sure I have the time and space. I don't get why people are complaining about the flowering time, its haze what do you expect. On top of that they were free from a very reputable breeder which is awesome if you ask me. Thanks Sam, look forward to some background info on them as well.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sirus I happened upon a pack as well a few months ago. I found a thread that had info and pix but can't tell you where it is at now...somewhere here on IC..you might search..if I come across it I'll send you a link...DD

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
happysun said:
don't think i'll be growing them anytime soon because they take 12-13 weeks to flower and really stretchy.
More like 20+. They never stop stretching. I wonder if its one of those starins that "never" finish.

thinman

the ones i got were perfectly symetrical and black as hell...and they were described as * haze x skunk. i'm gonna pop them and run them 12/12 from the start...i've had good luck with sativas using this technique.

Blazed_Out

I would also like to hear what Sam has to say about the Thai Haze.
I had 4/5 germinate, all were female and have been flowering now for about 2 months.
All the plants look similar with some differences such as 2 with darker green leaves and the other 2 are a little shorter (2-3 inches).
1 one them stands out the most and had formed resin on the leaves around the buds before the others and has a sweet mango smell to it.
The remaining 3 do not smell much but they do have a little of that smell of Thai weed.
2 more months to go... can't wait!

Nirrity

I wonder if anyone had a chance to smoke both Original Haze x Skunk #1 and Thai/Haze x Skunk #1? How they differs in the qualities of their effects?