What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Gold

Just wanted to do a shout out for this strain from RSC. I'll be doing a grow soon with this strain and a 1k philips lamp. Anyone else have any pics from a grow with Malawi Gold? Cheers.

Couple pics showing what I'm starting with. Nutes will be original Earth Juice mix w/ calmag, etc. Light is 3600k 1000w metal halide by Philips. Lots of UV. Little humidifier is homemade with atomizers. Waiting on automatic float fill for humidifier permanent water line.

IMG-20190611-101231248.jpg

IMG-20190613-070011096-HDR.jpg

troutman

Seed Whore
Canadian Tire pails look familiar. I saw some a few days ago. :)

In those pails I recommend you don't vegetate the plants longer than 2 or 3 weeks otherwise I promise
you they'll hit the roof. I used 14 hours to vegetate mine. Pure Sativas don't need more light to grow.
As for nutrient amounts, go very light on them. Pure Sativas are very sensitive to overfertilization.

Good Luck

Hey guys

So, I'm having issues with the seeds not germinating. I've talked to RSC and some replacement seeds are being sent. Maybe I should've waiting till they germinated to start this grow thread. :)

Canadian Tire pails look familiar. I saw some a few days ago. :)

In those pails I recommend you don't vegetate the plants longer than 2 or 3 weeks otherwise I promise
you they'll hit the roof. I used 14 hours to vegetate mine. Pure Sativas don't need more light to grow.
As for nutrient amounts, go very light on them. Pure Sativas are very sensitive to overfertilization.

Good Luck

I plan on veg'ing until the inter nodes start alternating. After that I'll remove the centre light that interrupts the night cycle causing the plants to go into flower.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hey guys

So, I'm having issues with the seeds not germinating. I've talked to RSC and some replacement seeds are being sent. Maybe I should've waiting till they germinated to start this grow thread. :)

Pull them out, let them dry well and retry. If after 3 or 4 days it hasnt sprouted, using tweezers, take a seed and place it on edge in vice grips. Slowly turn the screw adjustment until the seed pops. The tail should pop out like toothpaste. Now comes the hard part. With the seed still in the pliers, use 2 needles (or something) to spread the hull apart, but not completely. Plant the seed.

It's risky but it has worked for me this spring.

Good luck.

W

Water-

I have found that heat is very important when popping landrace type seeds from super warm climate areas.

A heating pad can help alot if you dont live somewhere where its hot

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^

When I germinate tropical Sativa seeds in a moist cloth inside a baggie. I sometimes
pour lukewarm every second day into the bag to give the seeds a slightly warm bath
and drain the excess out a minute later. If any of you try this make sure the water is
just above room temperature and not warm enough to burn you or you'll fry the seeds.

Thanks for all the advice. I was wondering about heat. If heat helps. It's hard to find a warm place around here.

For me it always been about age. Old seeds take longer to pop or not at all. New seeds pop(or should) after 3 days.

retested the Malawi here, no heat mat, and very quickly got 10/12...

Hi Ngakpa.

I'll be doing Malawi Gold next(doing Malana Cream now...in test grow thread). Hopefully the Malawi I just received will sprout. What are the Malawi plants like in structure? Fairly tight buds? Plants uniform?

grayeyes

Hmmm, is the seed seller going to tell you they don't pop? Publicly? Sorry about the reality test, Angus.