What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any Astronomers on here

Aragorn

Chieftain of the Dunedain
I dabble a bit in Astro Photography as a hobby

some recent stuff from the last week
inc the super (wolf) moon and my favourite M42 / 43
unfortunately the weathers never good here for imaging :moon: but I do what I can

Attachments

• moon final Jpg.jpg
    moon final Jpg.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 90
  • resize 1 jpg.jpg
    resize 1 jpg.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 90

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/image1stscihp1733af2146x2400.png

NASA made this huge picture. It has almost no stars at all, just about every single object is a galaxy. The arcs are local asteroids in new positions over the weeks it took to get this long exposure composite photo. Several mergers, post-mergers, all types and configurations of galaxies near and far.

Tried shooting on film back in the day but could not afford the equipment it took to get good photos in the 1960's. Now I admire the work of others.
I wished I could take photos like yours, too cool.