What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photos not as clear once uploaded?

Scrappy-doo

Anyone know what might cause this? Pics I take look clean and crisp on my laptop but once I upload them they look a little dull and blurred. Still decent but the difference is quite noticeable.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
neve had that issue.. I know it resizes pic that are too large..maybe in that process it does something to pic quality....good luck

Scrappy-doo

Yeah I was thinking it might have something to do with that. Hoping maybe there's a setting I can change on my camera.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
maybe mess with resolution ,pic size,image quality ect.....I haven't had any issues myself...atleast that I noticed

I have not uploaded any pics on this site yet. But other sites I upload pics to change the resolution in one way or another...some make them look good, others sites seem to slightly blur the same pics no matter what size I upload. It's pretty clear that the software certain websites use is better than others.

Scrappy-doo

I don't think it's the site software though cause there's some stunning pics here. I'm thinking I'll mess around with the image size and quality. Maybe the file size is too big and the quality is getting reduced to bring them to the size limit.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Yea, I'd suggest sizing your pictures down outside of ICmag and then uploading. You should have better results compressing to a smaller size outside of icmag's auto resize.

Latest posts

Latest posts