What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2KW Tent :D NFT S.O.G H&G Nutrients

Green_science

Lights: 2x1kw Lumatek adjustable ballast, with air LARGE ac hoods
Bulbs: Sunmaster Cool deluxe for veg, Osram Son-t Plus for bloom
Extraction: 10" Rhino Filter > RVK L1, with 10" passive intake, split using a Y piece
System: Nutriculture MD-801 8ft NFT tray
Nutrient: Complete House & Garden Line
Plant:22 Psycho Berry Uk Clone only

Thought this one would be interesting I have a feeling it is going to do pretty well.

Hardening the babies

Burn baby burn, Cool Deluxe in action, @750w

The extraction system for the hoods are wired up to a controller outside the tent, this gives you extra control over temperature

Extraction, SMScom Twin controller, I do not mess with the new ones, that have a humidity feature on them

Constant supply of water inside the tent

Green_science

there are 2kw heaters either side of the tray, these are set to 1kw setting and are attached to a plug thermostat, that sits in the middle of the room, you can also see the passive intake here, there is a t piece hidden in this pic that splits the duct

Craftsmanship , the filter rests on this frame so as to put no weight on the tent structure

A good pic of the hoods, they each have their own 6 inch feed, split from a 10 inch adjustable fan, controlled by a dial controller I pointed out a few photos back

Faran hr-15 Humidifier to keep things foggy, this has its own constant water supply

Keeping things neat and tidy

Green_science

Good pic of the room, the metal bars horizently around the outside of the tent are to stop the tent imploding, due to negative pressure

The boards and switches, the 2 seperate plugs in the middle are for filling the tank and draining it

Here you can see, the humiditstat for the humidifier to the right, on the left of the hydrometer is the plugin thermostat for the heaters

at the moment the hoods are open to help keep things warm

And finally some happy little girlies, 78f 45%RH, 1500w of blue MH

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice work bro!

Used to love growing on NFT ('no fuckin trouble' :D lol) seems like you have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. Should be a good run.

How long will you veg for, they look like they've been on the trays about a week so far right?

What is that inside the duct, kinda looks like a heater but cant see clearly. Looking forward to seing how this goes for you :lurk:

Green_science

Hey ~Shhh~ why no more Nft for ya man?
That is a "Hot Shot No Pest Strip" Great little pest prevention strip, I have even seen them take care of SMALL SM infections.

They been in the trays a week, exactly, maybe 11 days now, Ill work out exactly and put it into this thread, so we can keep track on their age/growth, Ill tell you what though, these things are growing FAST, gone crazy in 3/4 days, they're on 18/6 now.

Yeh thought this one should be a little interesting, because of the shades/footprint of the tent and the walls helping focus light on the surface area, we got a nice PAR/sqft and the very red Osrams should make for some nice bud candy, I might, stick some uvb in there, Or I may just change 1 bulb back to MH 2 weeks before chop.

I veg for a lot longer than conventional soggers I guess you would call my method a soggy scrog, high plant numbers/space but highly trained topped, I like a large root system and thick infrastructure.

Anyhow welcome buddy.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Looking good. I can't seem to find any info on your humidifier? Do you have a link? Think it could keep up with 3000w? Is it a cold mist or hot mist? Thanks.

Green_science

Looking good. I can't seem to find any info on your humidifier? Do you have a link? Think it could keep up with 3000w? Is it a cold mist or hot mist? Thanks.

Thanks mate, I find air exchange has more influence on this type of humidifier than heat, the model is a "Faran hr-15" I also use a "Faran hr-50" (which is its big brother), these humidifiers have a float stop, so you can connect them to a constant water supply or a 200 liter water butt (for example) which can be warm or cold.

As for effectiveness that tent is roughly 10m2 (35ish ft2) with high airflow and the HR-15 will raise RH from 10%, to %50 with 2kw of HID, to put it short they are nothing like small humidifiers you can buy at the store, that do nothing in a space with high air exchange rate, they do work, only down side is they are a little noisy.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks mate, I find air exchange has more influence on this type of humidifier than heat, the model is a "Faran hr-15" I also use a "Faran hr-50" (which is its big brother), these humidifiers have a float stop, so you can connect them to a constant water supply or a 200 liter water butt (for example) which can be warm or cold.

As for effectiveness that tent is roughly 10m2 (35ish ft2) with high airflow and the HR-15 will raise RH from 10%, to %50 with 2kw of HID, to put it short they are nothing like small humidifiers you can buy at the store, that do nothing in a space with high air exchange rate, they do work, only down side is they are a little noisy.

Thanks! What I ment was if I hook up a constant water supply to it and the water going in is cold. The mist it produces will be cold or warm?

Where can I purchase one of these units? How much do they cost? Thanks for your time :thank you:

Green_science

Thanks! What I ment was if I hook up a constant water supply to it and the water going in is cold. The mist it produces will be cold or warm?

Where can I purchase one of these units? How much do they cost? Thanks for your time :thank you:
It would be cold, unsure where to purchase as I do not know which country you inhabit, maybe search for something similar using terms like"agricultural humidifier" this unit is about $350-$400 I guess

LEDNewbie

Veteran
It would be cold, unsure where to purchase as I do not know which country you inhabit, maybe search for something similar using terms like"agricultural humidifier" this unit is about $350-$400 I guess

Looks like I found the equivalent in north America called the hydro fogger. I was reading some reviews on this product and it seems many complain about how "wet" these foggers make the surrounding area. What are u finding? How long does yours run for? 10 minutes at a time? 2-3 times a hour? Thanks! :thank you:

Green_science

I have mine on a humdistat and it stays on most of the time, the mess it makes is hardly a problem at all, I will upload a pic of the surrounding area

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi Green_science, no more NFT just yet, never say never with NFT though... As you point out speed of growth is excellent!

Bit of pita maintaining the rez and draining it etc though, I moved to coco and have flipped between that and rockwool slabs for a bit. The set ups are more mobile than the NFT trays which are kinda big to move about. Now I've settled into one place now I may well switch back to NFT.

Most people I knew run the NFT the way you are in terms of plant numbers, and mini bushes. End up with great results and with 2kw above it I'm sure you will do rather well indeed.

I was offered some psycho berry but hadn't seen or heard much about it, so very interested to see how you get on with them. Adding some uvb will be an interesting experiment, I had a grow where I flipped between mh and hps for the last 4 weeks of bloom and noticed the MH to give a lil bit more frost but at the detriment of yield.

Green_science

Hi Green_science, no more NFT just yet, never say never with NFT though... As you point out speed of growth is excellent!

Bit of pita maintaining the rez and draining it etc though, I moved to coco and have flipped between that and rockwool slabs for a bit. The set ups are more mobile than the NFT trays which are kinda big to move about. Now I've settled into one place now I may well switch back to NFT.

Most people I knew run the NFT the way you are in terms of plant numbers, and mini bushes. End up with great results and with 2kw above it I'm sure you will do rather well indeed.

I was offered some psycho berry but hadn't seen or heard much about it, so very interested to see how you get on with them. Adding some uvb will be an interesting experiment, I had a grow where I flipped between mh and hps for the last 4 weeks of bloom and noticed the MH to give a lil bit more frost but at the detriment of yield.

Yeh NFT is such a simple and stress free transition for young plants, they do perform well from the off.

A lot of the time I do not drain the rez, If you get your'e feeding mix down well, so your'e plants aren't using subtracting excessive macro nutrients from last weeks fill, then you can definitely get away with diluting the solution for a few weeks before a good drain, meaning use 10% less nutrient next week to account for what may be left in the tank, then give the rez a good clean just before flower, and then half way through, if you are not confident in doing this you can use "low level" pumps http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-320510/clarke-hippo-3-240v-1¼-submersible-pump.html these pump from 5mm floor height

If you notice in my pics, I have a switch for water in, and water out, so you can leave both of these on for 30 minutes and dilute that tiny last little bit, leaving barely a trace of food in the remaining water, I do understand what you are saying though, but doing it like this is probably less maintenance than most other systems.

With a small setup like this removing the tank for cleaning is easy work, slide one of the feet that support the rez toward the rez, slide rez out, clean, and put back, move rez support back up, you are absolutely right though doing this in my large setups is not possible, however of coarse with negatives come positives.

Positive sides to NFT are of coarse growth rates, ease of use, and my favorite, prepping for a next run, instead of hauling 100s or 1000s liters of clay, dirt, coco, I have to haul a small bag of spreader mat, this is probably the deciding factor which keeps me using NFT time and time again, of coarse you have AERO and DWC, but these are FAR more maintenance and problem prone in my experience.

Psychoberry, .... you missed out lol, REALLY GREAT strain. It has the growth/yield of blueberry and the hardiness and stability of the psychosis genetics which for all intents and purposes is some kind of skunk#1, superskunk, (some white strain) afghani or perhaps bred from unique phenos of all 4 ,....whatever, anyway as if psychosis wasn't great enough, it got better in this crossing, in my, (and most of my friends) opinions.

UVB, I have done the experiment a few times, using high percentage UVB bulbs, the curly ones hanging down

picture.php

I cant say conclusively but I feel there was some effect on the plant, I need to do more research myself TBH, thing is even if there was more production/activity of psychoactive processes inside the plant, doesn't mean that we will necessarily visually see it, in my experiments however, trichomes have appeared to ripen faster, and the plants leaves seem to have had more than usual taken out of them, like I say, much more experimentation needed on my part.

Anyways, if you are interested in this strain stick around, ill grow her for everything the little bitch is worth.

Green_science

Here you go ledNEWBIE some shots of the water from the humidifier

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a pic of the roots already

picture.php

And a few snaps of the girls, the growth is 6/7 days from last pics

picture.php

picture.php

Green_science

Thanks bud. So I'm assuming you have to clean up a puddle once a day then?

No it doesn't really get any bigger, evaporated by the room, put it this way, its so slow that if it was to sit on a towel you wouldn't have any puddle EVER
If you need to raise your RH I would definitely recommend one, like I said the only problem is noise, sounds like a boiling kettle with a pressure hiss

LEDNewbie

Veteran
No it doesn't really get any bigger, evaporated by the room, put it this way, its so slow that if it was to sit on a towel you wouldn't have any puddle EVER
If you need to raise your RH I would definitely recommend one, like I said the only problem is noise, sounds like a boiling kettle with a pressure hiss

I have 8ft ceilings. If I suspended this unit say 4ft off the ground do you think water would even collect below it? Thanks for answering all my questions bud :thank you: I really like to research something well before I go and make a purchase!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts