What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green_Science 21x600W Nft SeaOfGreen

Green_science

Hey All, thought I would share this setup.

21x600w HPS
Pure NFT
2x12 inch active exhaust
3x12 inch passive intake
177 Blue cheese from clone
Canna Nutrients

Photos with A at the end are section A, photos with B at the end are section B
Section A contains 12x600w and 96 plants
Section B contains 9x600w and 81 plants

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Green_science

Hey everyone welcome and cheers for stopping by.
TripleDraw27 A-Wings do give a better light spread, but

1. Using all larger shades would make maneuverability harder than it already is.
2. I run out of A-wings
3. Enough light in the room to make "2." futile

The reservoirs are all hooked up passively by plumbing at floor level, (gravity/pressure keeps the solution the same height), they also have a pump in each res which pumps to the next, thus recirculating the whole thing (this is so I can fill one tank with feed and within an hour every res will be the same ppm/PH, this is because later on accessibility to every res is going to be near on impossible) each tank also has its own water supply to make filling faster and easier.

In picture 3 you will see a back draft shutter, all passive inlets have these, for obvious reasons.

E

ekomsi

I want to hear more Green Science this grow looks very intresting, kudos

Green_science

Hey ekomsi I looked at your thread, real nice stuff dude.
Thanks for the compliment Persephone and yeh space is not easy to come by uh.

This was a little difficult to set up because there are 5 reservoirs that are 2 different sizes this is so 1. they could fit in place and 2. what come with the systems. The different size rez`s all feed a different no of plants, I do not want the tanks emptying at different times, and also because I will not be able to get to a few of the tanks
once the plants are in bloom I had to join them.
I have included a attachment to show the plumbing to whom ever is interested.

Attachments

• Flows.jpg
    Flows.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 15
E

ekomsi

Thanks for the compliments

I want a bigger place so I can build some nft tables with a top feed manifold, I will deff be using this drawing for ideas. Im sick of using so much hydroton.

Are those yellow lines the manifold for a top feed system to each individual plant?

Green_science

I hear and agree with you, I only design bucket systems when I cannot make use of all the space in a room using nft trays , Hydroton becomes very annoying when disposing of gallon upon gallon just to replace it, eh?

In the diagram the yellow lines are conventional and part of the system, the pipes run up through the center of the trays to the higher end and hits a "T piece", the "T" has pipework on both ends which in turn have a "T piece" each, these "T pieces" have a stopper on the outer edges thus allowing water to flow from the bottom of the "T"s through a "barbed double outlet" on each side of the tray.

I have added a picture of the inner workings of a multi duct NFT tray such as "MD801", remember, spreader mat sits on the base of the tray to help spread the solution evenly, as do the indented channels throughout the base of the tray.

Not sure if you were asking general NFT questions or not, but ermm whatever heres a picture, also to answer your question,

"Are those yellow lines the manifold for a top feed system to each individual plant?"

no, the yellow pipes in my previous pic are represented by the central black pipe in the attached diagram

Attachments

• NFT.JPG
    NFT.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 11

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I was just about to say that it looked like you were using Nutriculture multi duct systems, and you confirmed it in your last post. Classic system, I wonder how many thousands of kilos , all the combined nutriculture tables in basements and bedrooms have put out in the UK over the years.
Sweet setup

Green_science

Can I get a "fuck yeah"?
:laughing:
5th, we not there yet buddy, but I'm with ya, everything is good at the moment, the girls have really taken off and evened up nicely they're happy and healthy and consuming 140 litres of feed per day, :huggg:.
PS I love your house dude, it is a maze of grow rooms, some crazy weed labyrinth of vertical scrogs and all things nice, well done dude.

Roll it Large, thanks buddy, yeh it is rare to see true un-adapted NFT "trays" on a scale, I guess this is because of the joining of the entire system (reservoirs, mainly) to work together, because a lot of the time there are other systems that can be better suited to fit a space, general expense of factory built systems and finally, plant numbers.

In light of above, I really feel if you can make optimal use of your space with NFT systems, and, are in a position to use high plant numbers relative to space and lighting, then NFT is a real hard system to beat for simplicity, automation and yield. (notice I said "simplicity" so, yes, I am including verts and stadiums)

At the moment the ladies are under 12/12, eating their final veg based solution, Rhizotonic, Aqua Vega base, and Cannazym, they are also receiving their last prevention sprays against molds, and pests.
In this kind of setup I prune my plants immensely, for all the reasons I am sure you are aware of, so this is also taking place, I will take pics once a week throughout bloom to keep this thread updated.

5th

Veteran
PS I love your house dude, it is a maze of grow rooms, some crazy weed labyrinth of vertical scrogs and all things nice, well done dude.

Thank you sir, your too kind. I'm in the middle of gutting the entire room this week...lol...gonna try something similar, very similar actually to yours.

Your canopy is nothing short of amazing. I can't wait to start seeing things get frosty.

:tiphat:

mrsmall

A fantastic post!

My first ever grow was in nft and it was my easiest, I been messing about with all this new shit and i should have just got what i knew from the start!
I am well impressed will be looking in,
cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts