What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Molasses + drippers = bad idea??

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I want to start adding molasses to the nute mix for my plants but I am wondering whether or not the molasses will clog up my drip lines?? I have the blackstrap thick shit but read it dilutes completely in hot water... My drippers are 2/lph netafim stakes.

Anybody tried molasses through their drippers?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
No it didn't, I diluted then added it to the res was also running drip clean.

It does however go bad mixed in with your nutes after a few days. Creates a mess...

Granger2

Veteran
Mo is such a valuble additive for aromatics. I fear you'll be clogged. I would hand water the Mo to avoid rez problems and clogs. Even better, brew a simple Aerated Compost Tea-just water, Earth Worm Castings, and MO. Hand water with that every 7-10 days. Don't let it return to the rez, let it drain to waste. Good luck. -granger

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Molasses clogged drippers before it will again... hand water with shit there r no probs... if u do use it in ya drip get the highbrix for plant made by earthjuice its the least thick n is better all around. .

Latest posts

Latest posts