What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How important is it to check PH level on water?

WESTCRAZY1

How important is it to check the ph level when watering your plants? If i was to skip that and use regular drinking water will it be fine?

thickmcrunfast

You should check pH every time you water, otherwise you could be locking out nutes that the plants need or doing damage. Tap water varies in pH.

WESTCRAZY1

i understand when using tap water but what if i use regular drinking water? do i still need to check the ph on regular drinking water?

WESTCRAZY1

i work at a food supply warehouse and get can bulks of regular drinking water like mountain springs brand and other and if i dont need to check ph on it i would just buy this instead since i get discount.

i work at a food supply warehouse and get can bulks of regular drinking water like mountain springs brand and other and if i dont need to check ph on it i would just buy this instead since i get discount.

Well there ya go...:yeahthats But you might wanna check it when you mix in your nutes...

You won't really get the value of pH'ing your water until you lock out some sh!t and it destroys your grow because you were too damn lazy and trying to take shorcuts. You'll just end up doing more work in the end... you ever tried to flush 64 to a 100 plants that had nutrient lockout problems? Let me tell ya, you'd rather had pH'd the water when you had a chance.
I don't care what kind of water it is, Ro'd, tap, drinking, or whatever else you can name. You NEED to pH, simple as that. If your water is perfect, then so be it... but you still need to check it, and check it after you've added nutes.

Latest posts

Latest posts