What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Bags Soil!!!need help!!!!

Wretched

are these grow bags gonna drain well i added a little extra perilite at the bottom for drainage will these holes be fine.. im using ffof

Attachments

• 100_2096.jpg
    100_2096.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_2097.jpg
    100_2097.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_2099.jpg
    100_2099.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 9

MobbDeep

well i use 1 gallon grow bags filled with soil/perlite,and YES they drain VERY well...almost better than pots..as for soil,yes you have to use alot of perlite mixed in so it drains well,doesnt compact,and holds water better..and yes,you should add a layer of perlite on the bottom,if not,the soil will compact and clog the drain holes..ive hads it happen..

Wretched

well i use 1 gallon grow bags filled with soil/perlite,and YES they drain VERY well...almost better than pots..as for soil,yes you have to use alot of perlite mixed in so it drains well,doesnt compact,and holds water better..and yes,you should add a layer of perlite on the bottom,if not,the soil will compact and clog the drain holes..ive hads it happen..

oright you sound like the guy to talk to lol.. im also using 1 gallon bags i added a little bit of soil at the bottom then added a handful of perilite and mixed it at the bottom its not just perilite at the bottom but a heavy perilite mix will this be ok? or should i just add perilite..also i used3 cups of soil to a quater cup perilite the soil looks well mixed shoul i add more perilite to the soil? imo i think it will be fine where its at im worried about drainage and i dont want cloggin or anythign at the bottom what should i be doing or wil i be fine? sorry for so many shitty questions its that im about to transplant and want to make sure before i wet the soil..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Peat based soil less mixes don't compress and clog as bad as soil and compost do. 20 to 30% perlite is average imo. You've got 8 to 10% but should be fine. Don't get too much, your water will pour straight through and out the drain holes!

Wretched

Peat based soil less mixes don't compress and clog as bad as soil and compost do. 20 to 30% perlite is average imo. You've got 8 to 10% but should be fine. Don't get too much, your water will pour straight through and out the drain holes!

hye man thanks for the info it helps!!

T

TroubleGuy

I'm using 2 gallon bags for some of mine, and they drain fine. Black Gold Organic (orange back, no time release nutes) is the way to go IMO.

MobbDeep

you want JUST perlite for the bottom..and also dont be stingy with the perlite ratio..you want around 40-50% perlite..and if possible,sterilzie your soil before use to prevent disease,etc...I like soil because you can use oraganics,and the plants really likke all the microherd in the soil...i suggest alaska fish fert 5-1-1,maxicerop seaweed,and bloodmeal for a quick veg boost.....also,get some grandmas mollases,and water it at 1 tblspoon per gallon..this will feed the microherd with all the carbs in it...gl

I'm using 2 gallon bags for some of mine, and they drain fine. Black Gold Organic (orange back, no time release nutes) is the way to go IMO.

Same thing for me as above. 3 gallon bags. Stadium grow. Perlite mixed into the soil, lite layer on the bottom. Can post a pic but don't want to steal the thread.

Wretched

you want JUST perlite for the bottom..and also dont be stingy with the perlite ratio..you want around 40-50% perlite..and if possible,sterilzie your soil before use to prevent disease,etc...I like soil because you can use oraganics,and the plants really likke all the microherd in the soil...i suggest alaska fish fert 5-1-1,maxicerop seaweed,and bloodmeal for a quick veg boost.....also,get some grandmas mollases,and water it at 1 tblspoon per gallon..this will feed the microherd with all the carbs in it...gl

thanks man this helped alot.. i was wondering all that perilite on the bottom will those roots be fine. or do i need to worry about anything

MobbDeep

thanks man this helped alot.. i was wondering all that perilite on the bottom will those roots be fine. or do i need to worry about anything

they will be fine..rember people have grow using ONLY perlite..roots really only need the medium for support and/or nutrients...since you supply the nutrients..all they need is support...i highly suggest using organics with soil...buy somethignc called SUPER PLANT TONIC on ebay..it is THE SHIT ...use as much organic crap as you can buy..fish fert,bloomdeal,guano,manure,worm castings,etc...this will make the soil TEEM with microlife..which will result in the plants EXPLODING in growth...iots this microlife that organic growers find so special about soil growing..if it wasnt for this,you mighty as well use hydro and grow them better...so when using soil..try to make the soil as much as teeming with life as possible...also NEVER USE TAP WATER WITH ORGANICS..the cholirne in it kill sht microherd..making your efforts futile..:dueling:

Wretched

they will be fine..rember people have grow using ONLY perlite..roots really only need the medium for support and/or nutrients...since you supply the nutrients..all they need is support...i highly suggest using organics with soil...buy somethignc called SUPER PLANT TONIC on ebay..it is THE SHIT ...use as much organic crap as you can buy..fish fert,bloomdeal,guano,manure,worm castings,etc...this will make the soil TEEM with microlife..which will result in the plants EXPLODING in growth...iots this microlife that organic growers find so special about soil growing..if it wasnt for this,you mighty as well use hydro and grow them better...so when using soil..try to make the soil as much as teeming with life as possible...also NEVER USE TAP WATER WITH ORGANICS..the cholirne in it kill sht microherd..making your efforts futile..:dueling:

and once again thanks for the info!!!:joint::joint:.. im trying semi organic little short end on the moeny side so im using my nutes from last gro.. adding Seabird guano teas , but as far as feeding goes im giving floragro right now..

Latest posts

Latest posts