What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RH%

I JUST STARTED TO FLOWER A WEEK AGO AND I WAS WONDERING, WHAT IS A GOOD RH% TO HAVE WHEN THE LIGHTS ON AND AS WELL AS OFF. AND CAN DIFERENT PERCENTAGE HAVE AN EFFECT ON HOW THE BUDS GROW? FOR EXAMPLE- TO HIGH OF A % THE SLOWER THE GROWTH?

planted1

Yup, I flower at 45 percent rh, dont really wanna go above 50, start runnin into more pest probs and of course mold probs, and yes thats the healthiest for the plant it will slow growth if its two high or to low!! 55 for veggin

D

dongle69

Low humidity will attract bugs.
High humidity will attract mold.
40-60% and you are good.

I agree with dongle69, 40-60% RH is good. However, in the cannabis grow bible it states 60%-80% in veg and 30%-45% in flower with the temps 77-81 degrees F @ plant tops.

sweet! i got a mini dehumidifier and my room runs between 78 and 80 with the rh running between 39% and 47%. i should be right on the money!! thanks all!!

I turn my dehumidifier off during lights on. run at 55% in darkness.
Not only can you have mold as a problem, but also Powdery mildew, which is worse to me because it tends to stay longer and cause more porblems.

S

sparkjumper

The first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 is the most active veg growth and I keep about a 60%RH.After the flowers start to form I go around 40-45% RH

even with my dehumidifier running it got up to 53% RH today and for some reason my temp wouldnt drop below 65f. with the light off??? usually it will go to 61f. and be around 42%RH. i went and checked and a couple of leaves had a little p.m. i pulled them so hopefully im ok. the buds have started!!!!!

thank you helps big-time. unfortunatly i spotted p.m. here and there. hope it doesnt take over, i will be so bummed as iv'e been so careful to prevent but i guess i cant stop everything. whats my next step to stop the p.m. from spreading??

jtk707

I leave my dehu running all the time i stay at 45 % and i still run into mold in my last harvest of 3# i had to throw out 1 1/2 ozs of molded dank , so my advice get a dehu and leave it on . :joint: MOLD :dueling: DEHU

dehu has been running since i got it. jtk were both from the (707) so you know exactly what im goin through! P.M. SUCKS!!!! im gonna burn sulfer soon as i can and that should help. jtk maybe our paths will cross, safety meeting style bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts