What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

why Amber trics after only 6 weeks?

we got plants i put in bloom on 1/18 that are done. wazzat? like 6 weeks, right? a couple i put in at 1/30 got red hairs and looking close, too. i don't get it. i wish they were bigger, obviously. can it just be the strain? i am using jroseks sog with, in this case, 1 1000W hps. could that be it? (using ph'd flora nova in perlite/vermiculite. some containers are 6" deep one is even in a 3x3x5" planter. and i had 4 that were like decent sized that i started the jro way in 16" pots that were monsters. none of the rest, in the much smaller pots are anywhere near that size. like a foot long, when they were growing they dwarfed the others as well. i don't know what strain they are. no clue. given to me a long time ago. their root balls were small enuf to fit into any of the smaller pots, so could the bigger pot have made a diff? or maybe the distance in btwn plants was larger so they had more air. i dunno.

Are you looking all over the plants and seeing the same results thru the whole plant and not only on a certain parts of them? Certain areas do mature quicker then others and that could possibly be what your noticing and theyre not truely done

and it could also be a real early strain such as green crack that only goes 50/55days

admiralcornport

are you checking them with the hps light on? if so, the trichome head will reflect the yellow light making them seem done.

you can have yellow trichs at six weeks... you need to look for the "percentage" of yellow trichs. That determines the chop... not just that they are present.
Maybe you could tell us more than just when you planted them? Like what strain it is, and what the regimen was that you you used?

BubsNugs

i HAVE SEEN POT GO THROUGH WHAT I CALL A HARVEST WINDOW, LIKE BUDDY SAYS SEE AMBER TRICHS (oops on caps ) apparently way early and then in a day or two things started another growth burst and didnt actually ripen again for another 2 or 3 weeks... So be patient look at the trichs but also check how swollen the calyxes are n look over the whole plant as well.

Peace

they are pretty uniform from top to bottom BUDS on the plant. i think i planted/cloned them the same time as the ones i cut down last week. it took me a couple weeks later to get them into the flower room. so both were started about 1/4/09, but were put under 12/12 at later stages.

no, there are no seeds. not much smell either. the way i heard it when i got it, (some may be white widow i bought) they were bred not to smell!?

as for the color, they are not even at 50-50% amber. like about 30%. but jro says he harvests at 20%. i don't care for couch-lock tho, either. maybe they will spurt more but i doubt it, they look done, these ones i'm talking about, covered with resin dots.

i might have trimmed as per his method as well, that might have made a dif.

jesus, i wish i'd have made a log of what i did and wrote down SOMETHING! the 4 i put in first had like white hairs on the leaves around the bud everywhere. i was thinking it might be that cheese strain it was so unreal. they never did that before-clones of the same plant! i am trying to duplicate that. put all my gals in 12/12 as soon as they were 6" tall. what i am waiting on now is the ones that are still in organic compost/perlite, versus the 66%perlite/33%vermiculite they are in now. damn damn damn!

and oh yeah, i do look at them under the HPS light, but my scope has a white bulb in it.

has anybody heard of plants that were bred as to NOT stink up the whole house? mine is very stoney, not quite up to the level of making you cough after a good hit however, but you cant smell me growing it anywhere in the house. (i do have decent ventilation up thru the roof vents)

I think plants have been crossed so much now, that once in a while a cross/strain comes out like top 44 that really does not smell at all. Then maybe they cross that with a NL and they now have a plant that is great to grow indoors.
Always check the base of the buds for trich color and harvest when you want. If yield is not an issue and you want an up high then harvest early.

Passion 1 doesn't stink at all and i had pheno finish sept 5th outdoor last year so thats like 6 weeks good bud too just not that bulk more of a long slender bud style is that how yours are the only way i could smell it in flower was by shaking it or touching it and then smelling kinda piney play doish smell

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
you are checking the trichs on the bud not the leaves right?

either an early finisher, seeded or....... hmmn

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
MDS wait on ur light to go off and look again
You would have to be growing a AF strain to get that close so soon

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I strongly suspect that what you're seeing is damaged and dying pistils. How is your heat? What's the pH like? What fertilizers are you using? You should probably treat this like a problem, not like a blessing. I really doubt they're done that fast.

i am checking the trics on the leaves cause they are easier to focus on .\\

my heats at about 75 to 80 with lights on and about 65 with lights off. phing water with flora nova one part at about 6.0. the plants in question i don't remember if i trimmed all the fan leaves off but don't think i did other than the ones with really long stems. some of these are done that i put 12/12 on the 30th of jan. now. i pulled everything that was started 12/12 on the 18th of jan. back about when i started this thread.

some have started to just coat the leaves with resin. the leaves are not that big, like i want tho. so i am thinking that they must have been going thru that stage mentioned before like bubsnugs said "a window". i look at one and looking at the leaves next to the buds from the side i see an amber tint, so almost all the trichs are amber now, time, or past time, to chop

M

moses224

As long as your pistils are white let them go. Theyll put on weight until every last pistil is amber