What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peroxide

IRay

I sprayed peroxide for PM, and I'm just wondering if anyone know if this will also control Mites? I have other controls for bugs, but am wondering what effect the peroxide may have?

ackuric

imo the peroxide wont kill a mite (unless hes entirely submerged in it, imo they'll die submerged in pure water) but depending on the pressure from the spray, the force of that may damage/kill a mite.

M

moses224

You would have to soak the mite. Pouring it wont due it there to tough. I went thru it once in my life and it was a nightmare. Use Avid. Mix with water and spray on the surface of the leaves. It is generally mixed at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per quart of water. You can spray up to 4 weeks before harvest. Mites die as soon as they come in contact. Hope that helps

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
I sprayed peroxide for PM, and I'm just wondering if anyone know if this will also control Mites? I have other controls for bugs, but am wondering what effect the peroxide may have?
why ya sprayn peroxide for PM do ya have powdery mildew on the grow ?? if you doing this as a preventitive i suggest fans running 24/7. good air circulation in the grow hampers PM's ease of gettn into the garden

oh and for the mites hotshot nopest pest strip from local hardware store will knock them dead for 6$. the 1 i've had for almost 2 yrs is on loan now for some gnats i havent had mites for almost 2 yrs. i leave it in the garden for 1wk then remove it and place it into a large baggie then out into the garage for storage.

jtk707

I wouldnt spray any liquid to get rid of pm . Just dont make sense. Get a dehumodifier . And the no pest strip really is the shiznit they coul charge $100 bucks for em. :joint:

IRay

Thanks for all the Tips. I do have fans running in veg. 24/7. It looks as though the Azatrol has done the trick. But still I'll grab some pest strips. I've not yet had mites until now.

planted1

Azatrol's the shit as long as you have good ventilation(pruning under growth)and such your mites should t come back unless there is a contaminant point not addressed. peroxide knocks the powdery mildew down but doesn't completely destroy it. use serenade or a sulfur burner as preventative maintenance after knocking it down with the peroxide., dehumidifier is essential to any grow also, not only for disease control but for overall plant health.

Ok here is what you need to know.

Fans running BEFORE you have Powdery Mildew is 100% right. They should run the entire day and night (oscillating fans).
Once you have PM, running fans just help to promote growth of PM by moving it through the atmosphere to other plants.
Although humidity can have a tremendous effect on the developement of PM it is not the only cause... you need to know what environments it thrives in ( high humidity, low Ph, with little air movement).
Spraying the plants can acutally help if you know what the Ph of the solution is that your spraying ( neem oil for example with water over 65 degrees f ). Neem oil is a miticide as well as a fungicide, but works best for prevention (IMO), and not when you have an infestation.
Peroxide is useless against mites, get the real deal... and start fighting them before you see them. Usually if you can see them its already a probelm and can be too late if you don't know what your looking at ( ask me how I know).
Spray early and often... about every three days, and switch up the regimen, cause the BORG (mites) get resistant and you need to hit them from different angles.
Use any of the name brand items. I like to go with soft agents early (neem, organicide, sm90 <--heavier, Avid & Floramite <--industrial strength).
Avid and Floramite are systemic.... meaning they invade the plants system, and mites that you missed or hatched later bite into the plants tissues and die (lasts for about 4 weeks in the tissues).
Hope this helps.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
IRAY - Dutch Master Zone @ 3- 4 ML per quart and Dutch Master Penetrator @ 60 ML per quart. A little pricey, but the Penetrator makes the Zone systemic and the Zone DESTROYS PM.

http://flora-hydroponics.amazonwebs...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=NEGPEN32

Peroxide does kill it on contact. But the PM is systemic and retreats into buds and towards the stem. You have to treat it with that mixture 3 - 5 times over the course of ten days. Or you can make a mixture and dip the plants. Even then, you must do it at least twice.

I've erradicated (fingers crossed of course) PM from my grow.

Good luck! Stay safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts