What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water PH in Soil Grow?

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Hi each and eveyone

i would like to know the ph level for watering soil?
should i keep it at 5.8 like in hydro?

Thanks

D

doubledotdank

depends

depends

I'd say...depends on the runoff pH from last watering. Its my understanding that 6.5 is ideal in soil.

leftright

doubledotdank said:
I'd say...depends on the runoff pH from last watering. Its my understanding that 6.5 is ideal in soil.

Hi, noob question here: So am I to understand that soil PH should be around 6.5, and that you adjust your water's PH to maintain this?

sip

^yes, as high as 6.8 is ok too. i'd find myself using 6.8 if it came out the tap like that or something, you know, minimize chems used [pH stuff]

i add a little dol lime to my soil mixture tho, helps maintain/stabalize pH. fyi,,,i think suppliers like fox farm sell their dirt with it already added.

dont forget to check your runoff too.....feed/water till something like 10% runs out the bottom of the container etc..no 'spot' feeding for the most part

I never check run off... some people say thats the way to go, but i dunno. I pH my water at 6.3 to 6.5. I'm not always sure that what comes out is a sign of what went in.
I used to water until it came out the bottom... but my nutes aren't free... nor is ten percent of it. I water every other day at about the rate of 2 cups in three gallon bags (this last grow).
to each his own... but you have to work out what works best for you.
I used to wonder why a lot of old school guys didn't give advice... and say " just give it time, it'll work out". Truth of the matter is you have to go through some teething pains... make some mistakes, burn up a few plants, get mites, powdery mildew, mold, and whatever else in order to be a strong gardner. Nothin is free... and nothin worth havin' is come by easy.
Like my buddy used to say, "you gota pay for an education, one way or the other".

Latest posts

Latest posts