What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

Dankwolf

Yes they don't look like much but this girl is special to me . she has heavy rks terps with a back note of diesel fuel to a much lesser existent.

View Image

Close up only .

She is vary mold resistant . I am at 45th . she is also vary resistant to mite and other bugs . she is tough to dial in as far as ph and fertilizer needs . her diet can get compacted .

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I have always liked to use cuticle scissors once I cut everything off the branches with my heavy duty scissors. When I grew for my personal use I'd get meticulous with trimming as much leaf as possible.

I've got a nice Dosidos from realgorilla that's ready to harvest....the rains are coming I'm probably gonna go ahead and cut her down. She's ready anyway....I've got 2 of them....the one could go another WK or so. I'm gonna have to go inspect the plants today and see what might be able to withstand another all day rain.

I don't think people understand unless your in this region the level of rain we've had this spring/summer.....it really has took the fun outta growing. It's really a marathon your trying to make to the finish line. Makes me wish I stayed with indoor grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wvkindbud-- Nice crop this year! Pulled off some healthy little plants! Seems like as long as they get some kind of start, they put on a little weight for you! I grew a C99 hybrid one year and it was really good! That would be a good project, working c99 into a Deep Chunk afghan line!

Sorry to hear you're having to harvest early. I've had to deal with that every year, but I can't imagine what you're going through. If you harvest too early, the smoke is not very flavorful and lacks that potent medicinal effect that helps relax the muscles. But every rain on those flowers means lots more labor picking out mold and wasted buds. All the rain must have kept the plants happy so they are flowering early for ya!

Dankwolf-- Picture perfect garden this year! Really great job keeping up with the plants, my friend! You can use paint 3D to rotate the pics! I would like to see those upright! What do you mean the plant's diet got compacted? It got really really hungry? Thats a giant, I bet she got hungry. The little 8 footer plants start getting finicky this time of year, showing yellow leaves. I can imagine the big ones do the same thing. Have fun trimming! Wow!

Ohimaria-- Great shot of the Critical. Looks like its another couple weeks to full maturity. She's getting pretty chunky right now!

I pulled out the broken off big bertha house indica phenotype. It was down to 1 branch and was showing stress on the other branch I cut off. I didn't want to chance having a potential hermi in the garden threatening to ruin the seed crop.

I'm excited about the seed this year! Seed is ripe by the way! Just waiting on the resin now. Weather looks like it could get wet again in a few days. But I want another 2 weeks. Will keep an eye on it. I feel like pushing it this year, since WV is having to jump through hoops to get his crop in. Inspecting and picking a little mold is not that big of a deal. So thankful for the sun and wind we get here.

Happy Harvest! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea the more I think on it pretty much everything I've harvest is ready going by the trichomes and the half red hair method I've always used. And the Critical Sour is a very early finisher that's got auto bred into it. The DFG is another extremely early finisher. I pulled a couple Dosidos late yesterday, and I've got one last Critical Sour I'm gonna get today I think. That's not even 1/4 of what I've got......I've got some Cristal Limit and a bunch of other stuff that gonna be into October. But it is what it is for this yrs crop.....I've got a grow under my belt on this land and understand what I'm gonna have to do in order to get more sunlight, really longer hrs of sunlight. This area didn't give me the sunlight I needed in the morning. I'm gonna have to do some work like I was saying. Alot more trees are gonna have to go. I'm also starting to really feel I'm better off using plastic containers opposed to fabric.....I've seen a thread about this I'm curious to see what others findings have been. Definitely smaller stuff I've had a lot better results with plastic. I've grew bigger plants in 5gal buckets than I did in 10gal fabric pots (same strain planted some time, exact soil mixture). Which I've had many yrs experience growing in plastic containers. I even put a garbage bag inside one of my fabric pots and grew a big Jack Herer plant.

But I'm done harvesting for a few wks..... hopefully after the hurricane rains pass I can keep the mold away and let my other plants finish. I'd like to fix me up several 100-250gal container for next yr and have ready to go, probably about 4 is what I'm thinking maybe 3. God knows I'd love to be able to grow in those large WC container like DW and the WC guys .....my mouth waters wanting to but I also don't wanna go to jail lol. It's hard enough trying to keep security over what I'm doing. I might be able to do a few smaller like I was saying 100-250 gal container but anything more would be hard. One can dream I guess lol....PL and all you guys thanks for the contributes. I can't wait to see some of the harvest from you guys that's made the outdoor thread fun this yr.

Just outta curiosity do you WC guys line your containers with plastic or are they fabric inside too?? I'm just thinking about how I'm gonna fix my containers late fall for nx season

B

bench warmer

It’s good to know your plants are near enough to completion as they need to be WV, considering the challenges in the weather.

I just returned after 8 days away from my garden. It had rained an average of 15mm to 20mm per day at home during my absence with a drop in temperatures of roughly 10°C. I’m sure glad I put the cover over my plants before leaving.

Flower formation is going slowly due to the crappy weather and yields will likely suffer because of it..., but at least no powdery mildew/budrot has occurred (yet).

FWIW, the spider webs at the tip of the first flower pic were left by an actual spider..not mites.

End of week 6

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Those ones look really nice and coated and pretty well developed for 6 weeks, bench warmer, thats good lookin stuff.
Here is a pic of my Herman Haze male at about 8 weeks with not quite as many white pistils showing, but enough that you get the idea.
7uj248t.jpg

Does a hermaphroditic male mean that the female characteristics of the female offspring get extra emphasis in the next generation? I sure hope so.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, basicly seed from a hermi male is no good because next generation is predisposed to being hermaphroditic. Are those the males you cut back?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WV- Could make a big 700 gal tote and fill it with plants like I do if light is low. Cutting too many trees may look more obvious from above. You probably do need more light though just be cautious about how many trees you cut.

Bench warmer-- Glad they got covered, I see the rain on the cover right now! Flowers are building up well! Lots of trichome production. Cool with the rain, the containers probably didn't dry out!

Wish I could go out and cover mine. I'll be possibly seeing more rain later in the week. Going to try to hang in there and let them ripen. Depends on how the recent harvest smoke test goes. :smoke:

B

bench warmer

Does a hermaphroditic male mean that the female characteristics of the female offspring get extra emphasis in the next generation? I sure hope so.

Thanks PDX Dopesmoker :tiphat:
Interesting floral cluster you’ve got there.

I don’t know much about breeding but I believe it would depend on several genetic specifics such as what traits are dominant/recessive, plus where& how those alleles (loci?) are paired to each other.

Hopefully, someone who knows that stuff can lay down that knowledge & correct whatever errors I just laid down above. :D

B

bench warmer

No, basicly seed from a hermi male is no good because next generation is predisposed to being hermaphroditic. Are those the males you cut back?

There’s the knowledge I referred to :)

WV- Could make a big 700 gal tote and fill it with plants like I do if light is low. Cutting too many trees may look more obvious from above. You probably do need more light though just be cautious about how many trees you cut.

Bench warmer-- Glad they got covered, I see the rain on the cover right now! Flowers are building up well! Lots of trichome production. Cool with the rain, the containers probably didn't dry out!

Wish I could go out and cover mine. I'll be possibly seeing more rain later in the week. Going to try to hang in there and let them ripen. Depends on how the recent harvest smoke test goes. :smoke:

Yeah.. I had all kinds of anxieties while I was away but everything’s turning out well.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Genetics has to be studied in high population numbers. We aren't really sure how all the trait inheritance works. Whether it be one gene guiding a trait or a combination of genes. We just love to grow God's plant! :smoke:

Glad you put the weights on the cover frame! Sounds like a front came in! Jesus said, "Can you by worrying add to your stature or prolong your life?" :smoke:

Hoypare.

Sweet haul and great timing! lol.

With a little luck you might be able to get a week off before your Photos are ready. Or do you just keep going?

Just keep going mate,if its the same as last year maybe 3'rd week in October finish,then its travelling for a few months :tiphat:

Rodehazrd

Hey Hoypare
I saw those pix of auto's earlier in the season from you and they looked awsome. What strains did you run?

PDX Dopesmoker

Thanks PDX Dopesmoker :tiphat:
Interesting floral cluster you’ve got there.

I don’t know much about breeding but I believe it would depend on several genetic specifics such as what traits are dominant/recessive, plus where& how those alleles (loci?) are paired to each other.

Hopefully, someone who knows that stuff can lay down that knowledge & correct whatever errors I just laid down above. :D

I have 3 male plants who had a daddy that had a few pistils on his lower branches. The one that I have thats becoming a bit effeminate right now is not one of those 3 males, the three with the funny dad are all normal so far as are all of the female children of the slightly hermaphroditic male so far.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol I'm still trimming but not for the last mounth like hoypare lol.....dang that's crazy. I'm trying to finish my first plants up Tonite. Hopefully the rains don't kill my remaining plants. I'm praying it stops very soon.

That one guy post about the weather....and it's funny I think he was from Colorado springs. Well I was watching a game yesterday and for some reason it shows the weather for Colorado springs lol....90s dry and breezy....about as perfect as it gets.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I've got several of my strains harvest and trimmed .....put out on drying racks. I harvest 6 Critical Sour, 2 Dosidos, 1 DFG. That's maybe 1/4 of my plants. I'm really impressed with the Realgorilla strains, I've got 4-5 other strains from realgorilla that I like alot. I dread even checking my other plants after it's rained the past 2days straight but hopefully I can maybe cut out any mold and get everything to finish. Man I'd love to get at least 2wks no rain lol. I know it's asking alot but that's my best bet on getting a half decent finish on everything.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I was just thinking last night I'd love to have some of the old strains to guys used to grow around here when I was a kid. This part of the country doesn't have names for pot/strains so I have no clue what it was. The buds were so sticky a pair of scissors barely could cut some up to smoke. Huge plants, huge stems....they had that very strong skunk smell.....kinda had that White Widow Brazilian smell. Kinda like Mountainbudz was saying all these hybrids aren't really made for such extremely condition. I might not ever have another season this wet as long as I live either. Like I was saying I'm gonna start taking the steps after this yrs harvest to get things in place for next yr. I'm gonna work on a few grow areas, I'm getting a few mold resistant strains to run, I'm gonna get some Bayer Flint, and I'm gonna get my supplies stocked up and ready. I'm really gonna work the areas I'm gonna grow. I plan to thin out alot more brush and trees, get me some better sunlight be and airflow/breeze. I gotta work on this guerilla spot some....maybe carry some promix and do some tree cutting there also. Lastly I need to get me a ATV so I can get to different areas and find better grow locations. I'll definitely have my A game next yr or at least B lol. But I'm kinda happy so far with at least what I've got. Hell I was popping seeds in mid June on those realgorilla strains. Those DFG are very fast finishers. I'd love to have grew those in some large container. I never even decided to do a grow until late May. It was June before I started any seeds. I'd just like to put together a grow the right way and not a last minute C-D effort. At least I've got some good notes especially on the sun angles.

Rodehazrd

I was just thinking last night I'd love to have some of the old strains to guys used to grow around here when I was a kid. This part of the country doesn't have names for pot/strains so I have no clue what it was. The buds were so sticky a pair of scissors barely could cut some up to smoke. Huge plants, huge stems....they had that very strong skunk smell.....kinda had that White Widow Brazilian smell. Kinda like Mountainbudz was saying all these hybrids aren't really made for such extremely condition. I might not ever have another season this wet as long as I live either. Like I was saying I'm gonna start taking the steps after this yrs harvest to get things in place for next yr. I'm gonna work on a few grow areas, I'm getting a few mold resistant strains to run, I'm gonna get some Bayer Flint, and I'm gonna get my supplies stocked up and ready. I'm really gonna work the areas I'm gonna grow. I plan to thin out alot more brush and trees, get me some better sunlight be and airflow/breeze. I gotta work on this guerilla spot some....maybe carry some promix and do some tree cutting there also. Lastly I need to get me a ATV so I can get to different areas and find better grow locations. I'll definitely have my A game next yr or at least B lol. But I'm kinda happy so far with at least what I've got. Hell I was popping seeds in mid June on those realgorilla strains. Those DFG are very fast finishers. I'd love to have grew those in some large container. I never even decided to do a grow until late May. It was June before I started any seeds. I'd just like to put together a grow the right way and not a last minute C-D effort. At least I've got some good notes especially on the sun angles.
Hey Kindbud
Sounds like you have a solid plan for next year. I hope you get some dry time soon. Its hard to cure buds when humidity is in the 80's. I fear this wet fall is a trend we'll see get worse as climate change continues to disrupt weather patterns. I think the drive for higher yield hybrids may be bringing in more mold issues too. Early autos may be the answer for some locations.

Hoypare sure had some very nice pictures early.

I'm running some Bangi Haze this year and so far no sign of any mold. Looks like mid October for a finish on them. Any one else running bangi seeing any mold at all? I also put out two clones when the bangi in that tub were males. One ak47f2 and a longbottom leaf x skunk. They are quite small but no mold issues yet. Next year I plan to order the fem bangi from ace for outdoor My neighbor is running some type of chunk and he's in trouble. I may be careful not to hit his pipe much this winter.
By the way what is the effect of smoking mold spores? Do the spores not burn up in the smoke. Other than tasting bad is there really any harm from contaminated buds. I sure threw a lot away with PM several years ago running the humbolt seed OG.
Kindbud take care and don't fall off the ridge hauling those big buds home.
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts