What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

PDX Dopesmoker

Here is an updated picture of the stud barn, left to right is No-name, Idunno, (Mkob#7 x Mkob#7), Aintsayin & Inadverently Pollinated Bagseed. Pollen control is getting to be a time consuming chore, but it might just be a few more days before I'm done with these fuckers
6uodSDP.jpg

RogueChief

Here is an updated picture of the stud barn, left to right is No-name, Idunno, (Mkob#7 x Mkob#7), Aintsayin & Inadverently Pollinated Bagseed. Pollen control is getting to be a time consuming chore, but it might just be a few more days before I'm done with these fuckers
View Image

What do you find is the best method for pollen control? Have a few regular seeds I will pop next year and I may be tempted to throw some pollen if I end up with a male.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've only got the main top cluster to try to get a lil pollen myself. A few have opened but I'm not sure if I will be able to get enough. I've got a sandwich baggie and the cluster of seeds hanging in it.

Indoors I've put a branch in a paper bag and taped up around a branch and just shake it or leave it taped on there a few hrs.

I've been working around in my container area. I had to move some plants around that I had in buckets. Just about 10-20ft mainly for security reasons to kinda hide them a little more. Also working around the bottoms of some plants. Just normal stuff, I've got a DFG from realgorilla that's probably gonna be finished in 3wks maybe sooner. It's not the biggest plant but it's in 5gal bucket and wasn't started until July from seed. I'll get a pic of her. It's got a nice Lil top cola and cluster. I'm gonna probably plant those DFG next yr. They seem to do ok around here. If I put them in large container and get them started early I can only imagine how much they will produce. But it's been a simple plant to grow and will definitely be in the garden next yr.

More

More

Looking nice and healthy.

Nep Jam was bent over for security. Budding nice and early. Last of July it started. Nice large leaves and purple stems.

Ledo Uno have not turned out as I was hoping. They are short and squat, maybe 3 ft tall. I was hoping for monster outdoor. I did see somewhere that they did not like to be kept watered at all times. I have not watered at all, but it has rained more than enough. Looking leafy as well. Buds do look like they will be nice and large.

Girl Scout Cookies/ ApeOrigin- nice looking plant. Last to flower, but I am liking how things are developing. Some purpling on the stems. Thoughts on the lean of this are appreciated.

BgC

Attachments

• NJ 8.25.jpg
    NJ 8.25.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 10
  • NJ 8.25.1.jpg
    NJ 8.25.1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 11
  • LU 8.25.jpg
    LU 8.25.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 9
  • GSC 8.25.jpg
    GSC 8.25.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • GSC 8.25.1.jpg
    GSC 8.25.1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 12
More

More

Ledo Una and Nep Jam

I hate the sideways photos. I keep resizing lower and lower, but same results. Sorry.

Attachments

• NJ 8.25.2.jpg
    NJ 8.25.2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 12
  • LU 8.25.2.jpg
    LU 8.25.2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
  • LU 8.25.1.jpg
    LU 8.25.1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13

PDX Dopesmoker

What do you find is the best method for pollen control? Have a few regular seeds I will pop next year and I may be tempted to throw some pollen if I end up with a male.

I cut off all the branches that aren't easily visible and I remove a lot of the flower producing parts from the rest of the plant so it doesn't end up producing too much jizz to begin with. On the flowering parts that remain I try and pick clean as many of the nearly open buds as I have the patience too pick off and I mist the plants with water regularly to neutralize as much of the stray pollen thats around and any flowers I missed. The little buds start dropping pollen before they fully open so there is always a little stray pollen around, but its got to be an infinitesimal fraction of what an uninhibited male would produce and I get about 30 seeds per gram on the flowers I pollinate purposefully and about 0.5 seeds per gram on the rest of the plant. Always wash your hands and preferably change your clothing before you visit the females after you've been handling marijuana sperms, I have a bathrobe I use in lieu of a lab coat.
You should go for it with making your own seeds, it makes growing the plants even more fun because you get to recognize the characteristics of the parents in the children and because since you have some weird unique new genes the flowers you get out of the deal always have an element of surprise in them.
Hope that helped, there are certainly better sources on this topic than myself. Subcool covers the topic of growing dudes without seeding everything in a Weed Nerd episode, like ep 270 or so is my best guess.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ledo Una and Nep Jam

I hate the sideways photos. I keep resizing lower and lower, but same results. Sorry.

If your using a phone just turn it long ways and take the pics. That's what works for me. Are those Nepal from Ace??, That ledo uno is KC Brains right?? They look great. These Cristal Limit are pretty big especially the one I got in a 30gsl container

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I cut off all the branches that aren't easily visible and I remove a lot of the flower producing parts from the rest of the plant so it doesn't end up producing too much jizz to begin with. On the flowering parts that remain I try and pick clean as many of the nearly open buds as I have the patience too pick off and I mist the plants with water regularly to neutralize as much of the stray pollen thats around and any flowers I missed. The little buds start dropping pollen before they fully open so there is always a little stray pollen around, but its got to be an infinitesimal fraction of what an uninhibited male would produce and I get about 30 seeds per gram on the flowers I pollinate purposefully and about 0.5 seeds per gram on the rest of the plant. Always wash your hands and preferably change your clothing before you visit the females after you've been handling marijuana sperms, I have a bathrobe I use in lieu of a lab coat.
You should go for it with making your own seeds, it makes growing the plants even more fun because you get to recognize the characteristics of the parents in the children and because since you have some weird unique new genes the flowers you get out of the deal always have an element of surprise in them.
Hope that helped, there are certainly better sources on this topic than myself. Subcool covers the topic of growing dudes without seeding everything in a Weed Nerd episode, like ep 270 or so is my best guess.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm trying my best to squeeze something outta what's left of this male I've got. I pulled every male I had and wasn't really gonna try to make any seeds. Then I had this last male ...it's a nice Super Platiunum GSC. But I pulled it outta the ground and instantly has like wtf did I do ??? I was thinking I'd try to dust simething with it, and wasn't thinking and pulled it outta the ground. Well I've had him in water. I had a good root ball on him and it's been alive and surving for a wk or so. It finally opened a sac of so. I've only got the top cluster on this male to try and get some pollen. I've got a plastic Baggie trying to get some pollen. I'm thinking in the next day or so .....you can tell the rest of the sacs are ready to burst!!!! I dunno I might get some pollen lol. Like you said it's fun trying to get a few seeds you made. Its been along time since I've dusted anything. Once on a indoor grow I accidentally dusted a large indoor grow with my inline fans and a BB male. But glad you shared that....yes it fun to chuck pollen/make seeds

PDX Dopesmoker

Thanks for sharing that. I'm trying my best to squeeze something outta what's left of this male I've got. I pulled every male I had and wasn't really gonna try to make any seeds. Then I had this last male ...it's a nice Super Platiunum GSC. But I pulled it outta the ground and instantly has like wtf did I do ??? I was thinking I'd try to dust simething with it, and wasn't thinking and pulled it outta the ground. Well I've had him in water. I had a good root ball on him and it's been alive and surving for a wk or so. It finally opened a sac of so. I've only got the top cluster on this male to try and get some pollen. I've got a plastic Baggie trying to get some pollen. I'm thinking in the next day or so .....you can tell the rest of the sacs are ready to burst!!!! I dunno I might get some pollen lol. Like you said it's fun trying to get a few seeds you made. Its been along time since I've dusted anything. Once on a indoor grow I accidentally dusted a large indoor grow with my inline fans and a BB male. But glad you shared that....yes it fun to chuck pollen/make seeds

Not only is it fun to do, but its also pretty easy to do it safely without heavily seeding the rest of your crop. The only downside about it I see is that every time you make your own seed batch you're then responsible for making sure they see the light of day afterwards and so the seed batches you make that you never get around to growing leave you with unsatisfied curiosity.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Not only is it fun to do, but its also pretty easy to do it safely without heavily seeding the rest of your crop. The only downside about it I see is that every time you make your own seed batch you're then responsible for making sure they see the light of day afterwards and so the seed batches you make that you never get around to growing leave you with unsatisfied curiosity.

Lol yes when I accidentally seeded my indoor crop my timer on my fans kicked by on and I had the male near the fans. It made tons of BB seeds. But if I get any pollen it's not gonna make alot of seeds. I might try to hit 2 plants that's about it

Yes Ace and KC Brains. I have grown Mango and Bangi Haze in the past and liked them, so I am continuing with them.

Also, I use a camera for photos. Suggestions on getting the photos correct is appreciated.

Sierra OG is actually a bx1 from accident, but they were good plants. Not sure what the White Fire Alien is ... The seeded Sierra OG I had was rather potent. I have numberous seeds, but really only like to do fems because I want to know my work will pay off.

I hope Mountain Buds and Kygiacomo are OK. Radio silence from those fellas for a while.

BgC

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I only figured out how to get the phone)cam to work. I think I seen MB on here a few days ago. I heard him say he would be busy....so hopefully all is well. I'm not sure about our other friends. Maybe we'll see them around here soon

dufous

Open the photos in a photo editing app. Rotate and save the image. Post the saved edited image. If the rotation appears correct when you open the image in the app, rotate 360 degrees and save. It's tedious, but it works.

Suggestions on getting the photos correct is appreciated.

caliprop215

Veteran
Hope grows are goi g well guys. Im losing a battle to aphids but besides that all is good.

Attachments

• 20180826_103715.jpg
    20180826_103715.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180826_104431.jpg
    20180826_104431.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 12

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm starting to get bud rot or something on 1 of my Critical Sour. I'm cutting chunks off her seems like every few days. And it's humid and muggy as fuck out here tonite. Man I've already sprayed 3-1 Bayer fungicide about 2wks ago. I know that's stuffs not the greatest but I'm debating on maybe spraying her down today. I dunno it's a lot of stress, I'm already lining up mold resistent strains for next yr. I'll have my shit together next season. I like to do things right especially my growing. But I'll be on my game next year or I won't grow. There's a lot of things I'm gonna do different from top to bottom. But getting this crop to harvest is the task at hand now!!! Good luck guys.

I'm gonna post a few sites I like to use, maybe it might help somebody.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ssshhheeewwww.....damn what a hot ass day. . I've dang near got heat exhausted out here. I got in from piddling around in my container area and was soaked from head to toe. I've stripped off and been in the AC trying to cool down. I had to move a Blueberry plant a few feet and had to dig out a flat. Also feeding everything and maintenance work. Be careful guys it's looking like some HOT temps this week.

Also I've got a weather app on my phone. It's looking kinda like 80s all the way to Nov. There's some 70s in the extended weather but it's gonna kinda be like it's been around here looks like. I'm not taking blazing hot like today and this week. But more like 80s-60s and some rain here and there. But I've been watching these extended weather patterns and stuff, just kinda a guessistmate of what to expect. You guys should check out that davesgarden link.....I really like the frost/freeze chart you can get with your zip code.

Outdoor pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_134329.jpg
    IMG_20180827_134329.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180827_134318.jpg
    IMG_20180827_134318.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180827_134246.jpg
    IMG_20180827_134246.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180827_134345.jpg
    IMG_20180827_134345.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180827_134145.jpg
    IMG_20180827_134145.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 15

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I can't really take the pics I'd like because security issues. And it looks like my Super Platinum Cookie male has give my some pollen in the baggie. I'm gonna hit a Dosidos fem and a Cristal Limit fem.....just enough to get a few seeds is all. Gonna be extremely careful and dispose of everything when I'm done. My main thing is to harvest bud, not make seeds

Latest posts

Latest posts