What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

Dankwolf

In my experience the mom is the structure bag Apple and the father is the terpine profile .

There are always exceptions . some strians take over a cross no matter the sex. I use " ********** " to get the basic background of each plant . it helps see traits that may line up . long as background info provided is correct and true . ********** has been the true as I have been able to find as far as genolegy is concerned,

If some one has a better place to see genetic make up please let me know ?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Does A Male Or Female Pass On More Genetics To Their Offspring?: From February 2018

Link To Thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350271

White Fire is a famous cross. Fire Og female x (reversed female) The White. Would it be the same if the other way around? It would be a great test. Natural males are an unknown factor (crap shoot) since they don't grow buds.

One way to test this is to take 2 stable but non related varieties (A and B). Take 2 clones off one female plant from one variety (A) and 2 clones off of another female from the other variety (B). Take 1 clone from each variety and reverse them onto the other variety (A-reversed x B, B-reversed x A). This way we will find out of there is some natural process that is different when DNA is donated via pollen or in the calyx.

It makes absolutely no difference which parent in a cross is male and which is female. The genetic potential of the offspring is the same either way. The only practical difference is the resultant seed size may vary depending on which parent is the female, and this is due to the size of the calyx on the female.

The phenotypes seen in the offspring from any cross or pollination are the result of the dominant alleles inherited from each parent.

Hope this helps. :tiphat:

I've done the double reverse and there was no difference in the offspring phenotypes as expected. The one difference was that seed size from the cross was different due to the maternal parents having considerably different sized calyx.

you can cross two female or cross two males by transforming one to the opposite sex, a transformed female clone to male will express pollen but it is still genetically a female, the same with males they can be transformed to female to make seeds.

Transforming males to a female will also allowing smoking of the male transformed to female expression or lab testing of the cannabinoids and terpenes they can contribute to progeny.

Regardless if the female is Haze or Skunk the f1 hybrids express the same general terpene and Cannabinoids, I have made hundreds and tested them.

There may be sex linked traits but this has not been proven in Cannabis.

Intersexed plants can be male or female. Males that are intersex can make seeds on themselves or on nearby plants.

One last point is plants do not just turn intersex because they have not been pollinated, they are born with the intersex traits, be they XY intersex or intersex traits that require stress of some sort to express the intersex. Both are inherited from intersex parents.

People confuse dominate and recessive genes with what a plant recieves from the parents, but do a prunett square with two palnts that have dominate and recessive genes for the same gene and you will see progeny have a crap shoot on what they receive. Depending on what the parents have Ww X Rr for example in the case of White and Red.

Plant genetics like Cannabis can be confusing as Cannabis is a dioecious obligate outcrosser and is a bit special. (90% of all flowering plants on earth have both sex, the remaining 10 percent have unisexual male and female flowers on the same plant (monoecious species) or male and female flowers on separate plants (dioecious species) they are the minority. Cannabis is one of the minority it is dioecious.
-SamS

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
If some one has a better place to see genetic make up please let me know ?

I usually just google the strain and read through most/all of the links that come up on the first page to build a general idea, Seed breeders/sellers sites are a great help for seed strains and honestly leafly has seemed decent for strain lookups.

Dankwolf

I usually just google the strain and read through most/all of the links that come up on the first page to build a general idea, Seed breeders/sellers sites are a great help for seed strains and honestly leafly has seemed decent for strain lookups.

No offend Google sucks . breeders description is lacking to the up most existent . and I ran with the leafy "" crew""
********** is far and behoned all of those .....

I gues I can't use seed/# find/# er

I use icmag for seed's:huggg:

Dankwolf

This is what I mean . easy to understand..

This is what I mean . easy to understand..

picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I posted #805 before i saw your edit to unblock where you wrote seed finder in #804.

I follow you dankwolf, i just found it comical seed finder is one of the most common sites to come up when searching google for strain info and you said google sucks and proceed to post seed finder screenshots...

Dankwolf

I posted #805 before i saw your edit to unblock where you wrote seed finder in #804.

I follow you dankwolf, i just found it comical seed finder is one of the most common sites to come up when searching google for strain info and you said google sucks and proceed to post seed finder screenshots...

Google has no stock/resource in the site I mentioned . I just don't want people to confuse the two. Also Google learns you with its firmware hence way you and me may have the formentioned site in are top Google searches . yet others may not . software/anilitics are a funny maching of sorts.

I just want people to be able to access the best info they can ...:tiphat:

My wife is a software tech lol :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Also Google learns you with its firmware hence way you and me may have the formentioned site in are top Google searches . yet others may not . software/anilitics are a funny maching of sorts.

Unless you have search and site suggestions turned off under privacy settings in your browser...like myself.

I just want people to be able to access the best info they can ...:tiphat:

You and me both man lol.

My wife is a software tech lol :tiphat:

No intent on arguing here over who is right or wrong:

Kind of ignorant to assume i have no understanding of software programming...and then to mention that your wife is a software tech as a means to discredit my contribution further.

I learn alot from and appreciate your contributions normally Dankwolf, but you seem intent on undermining me right now.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aphids? Spray them down with water from the garden hose. Get the underside of the leaves as best you can. Just do it in the morning so they dry off and it doesn't cause disease. I'm pretty sure its aphids that works for.

6940deep_chunk_males8_18_fanleaf.jpg

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
C'mon guys there's no need to argue. That's really the only thing that was ask at the beginning. I feel everybody can continue with positive and negative criticism and not take it to far....right?? I definitely am no more than a pollen chucker myself at best lol. Let's try to be respectful of each other.

But really that's what I was posting about. I pulled a Super platinum GSC male outta the ground and wasn't really thinking about getting a little pollen of him. But after I pulled him I went back almost instantly and got his roots in some water. I'd be damned if he didn't survive and is pretty close I feel to opening some sacs lol. It's crazy but I've got a plastic baggie around him and waiting to grab a Lil pollen. I'm gonna hit a bottom branch on something I'm not sure yet. Not really expecting much, but maybe something to try next season or indoor if I decide to start back growing indoor.

Also just staking and tying some stuff up. Cleaning out the bottom leaves and things like that. I didn't get home until late this afternoon and didn't do much. I'm gonna try to finish up this stuff tomorrow. But it's always something to do after that lol. I really worry about all the rain....I've looked at extended weather patterns and it's not looking to good. Thank you guys

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Leaf Aphids infestation .bad!

What u guys use. ? Its really bad

You got any pics???....I've got by with Bayer Advanced, the rose and flower ,3-1. I've also used neem oil also the 3-1. There's bugs/insects everywhere around here it's crazy. I also mixed a bit of diamouteatous earth into my soil. I did mix some into a spray earlier in Veg and used. I'm having more of a problem with snails. Yes I've got beer around my plants in cup and still having problems. I've bought a few boxes of snail)slug bait. Hopefully this will curb these bastards. I guess everyone has alot of different things that can go wrong.:tiphat:

Dankwolf

Unless you have search and site suggestions turned off under privacy settings in your browser...like myself.

You and me both man lol.

No intent on arguing here over who is right or wrong:

Kind of ignorant to assume i have no understanding of software programming...and then to mention that your wife is a software tech as a means to discredit my contribution further.

I learn alot from and appreciate your contributions normally Dankwolf, but you seem intent on undermining me right now.

:comfort: no worries you took it wrong or I spoke in a way that was offensive ether way it sounds like we are on the same page as far as helping people that deserve it .

I am abrasisve at time's and I appolgize for that . :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Very good guys....I know we all get under each other's skin sometimes lol. I know Dank is very passionate about breeding and especially his views. And ibechillin is as well. Thank you Dank and thank you ibechillin.

Latest posts

Latest posts