What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

authentic real durban poison?

meizzwang

CBG's limited edition Durban outdoors in the Pacific NW. Looks like it'll finish probably early to mid November, these buds are really getting fat and dense! Actually, it's a bit worrisome, hope they don't rot! I didn't know they'd get this thick.

48910826776_e92c563b00_c.jpg

48910301138_db7974cf12_c.jpg

48910301548_ef1263f892_c.jpg

Yield looks like it'll be nice too. Maybe this durban line is some sort of sativa x sativa hybrid? most of the landraces I've grown are definitely less productive and less dense:
48911036927_15669bb50a_c.jpg

Rastafarout

Premium user
That's definitely not a pure Durban , like you say it's too dense those fat pistils also shout hybrid ....Real Durban has small tight lime green calyxs and sparser thinner pistils , looks really healthy for outdoor . Peace

Popey

Veteran
Wow meizzwang. I saw several Durban CBG grows indoor and I have never seen such dense buds. Your climate must be right for them.

Africans are love! I love the Congo lines. Such a dynamic high from this continent. I had a liquorice and banana Durban back in 04 that was incredible. Such a great day time high.

'Boogieman'

I have grown DP Durban Poison for a few years now outdoors. I got a more sativa phenotype this year but to be honest the smoke is pretty disappointing so far. I'm hoping a long cure changes the potency. I have gotten some very good phenotypes from the DP Durban poison. It's not pure but it can be good.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The real Durban Poison i was told is a short squat sativa that goes purple towards the end of flower.I grew the American / Dutch version of it (Mel Frank or and Sam) version fast compared to a sat but high was short lasting and not what i would call a keeper.

keptwalking

How’s cbg durban? Grabbed a few packs to pheno hunt them. Really want to try and recreate an old Durban cut I had about 12 years ago.

meizzwang

How’s cbg durban? Grabbed a few packs to pheno hunt them. Really want to try and recreate an old Durban cut I had about 12 years ago.

Haven't tried it yet, but CBG's durban finished outdoors in the Pacific NW second week of November. While manicuring, the smell has a ridiculously potent and intoxicating plant "chemical" component to it that made me almost feel nauseated because it was so strong! After it dries, it smells delicious!

Out of 3 Durban plants, one was superior in aroma, yield, and resin production (pictured below)
49196627892_1884bbbfb9_c.jpg

Plants were so tall that I could barely reach the top:
49196428681_02d64a1fa7_c.jpg

49196428456_cb3a7e9d74_c.jpg

49196443116_82c028e2a7_c.jpg

CodyPomeray

Let me know how the smoke goes! Durban is one of my all time favorites, near impossible to recreate memories of. That "chemical" smell, is it akin to the funk from jack herer types? even though they are not related.

I had a cut of durban 8-12 years ago that was the funkiest smoke. Would stain your mouth and the room for hours with this amazing like "what the hell is this" taste.

Jammal

Durban is still cup worth if grown well with the right pheno.

I kinda want to see a Durban Mist just for nostalgia, be an epic outdoor

El Timbo

That's definitely not a pure Durban , like you say it's too dense those fat pistils also shout hybrid ....Real Durban has small tight lime green calyxs and sparser thinner pistils , looks really healthy for outdoor . Peace

Could it be that the very different growing conditions have produced different plants?