What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC Nanda Devi and Kumaoni

Gemüse

Hello, really nice photos and of course plant and vegetables, you enjoy growing and smoking for sure. me too :D Just wanted to ask how did you germinate the nanda devi... have you planted seeds directly into the soil, or pre-germinte and then put into soil, thx ...will be growing them this year. thank you for all the info in this thread. S

Hello Sivas,
Thank you for the good words, growing These himalayan plants is sure enjoyable, as they grow easy without dooing much. I guess they would make some good hybrids too! I usually sow the seeds straight into well drained soil and water. I didnt start this years himalayan garden yet, but will do so soon.

greetings gemüse

Gemüse

The thing is these plants have so much temp flux in their nature they can withstand to grow 2-3 weeks longer than most strains. I had my Nanda x hybrid finish in late oct and was budding strong the whole way.

BT

Hey brówntrout!
Yes these plants seem really hardy and strong, almost in between hemp and Cannabis. The later plants in our garden also still showed new budding in November. How did your hybrids come out any good experiences?
greetings gemüse

browntrout

Veteran
Hey brówntrout!
Yes these plants seem really hardy and strong, almost in between hemp and Cannabis. The later plants in our garden also still showed new budding in November. How did your hybrids come out any good experiences?
greetings gemüse

It's very dominant, I didn't like the hybrid enough to keep working with it. two phenos showed, one with big long airy buds and spicy smell that went purple. The other was green and more spear shaped that smelled like fresh carrots with a funky side. Pretty harsh smoke but pretty resinous as well.

BT

Gemüse

Nanda Devi 2015

Nanda Devi 2015

This years Nanda Devis are coming along. One female is very late in flowering, others are quite early and Show good resins.

picture.php

picture.php

Greetings Gemüse

Gemüse

More Nanda Devi

More Nanda Devi

Some Nandas are ripe other take more time. Great aromas i love it. All from own reproduction with 2 female and 2 males.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best regards gemüse

most excellent thread and photos. i find it exciting that you say it is hardy and strong , btwn hemp and cannabis. I'm always interested in hardy guerilla genetics. Did you hand rub any charas from the nanda devis?

-pH

Gemüse

most excellent thread and photos. i find it exciting that you say it is hardy and strong , btwn hemp and cannabis. I'm always interested in hardy guerilla genetics. Did you hand rub any charas from the nanda devis?

-pH
Namaste Primal Haze thank you :tiphat:
Yes plants are hardy and flowers are mostly airy but lovely, i guess they make very good Guerilla plants. I simply added a small amount of organic NPK and compost and woodchips mulch at planting thats it. Almost no watering too. I tried the rubbing method last year on one full plant, the hash was nice indeed but most of the resins was lost in my opinion. You need a lot plants and sun for a good amount. This years flowertops will be for the vaporizer the rest is for the drysift method which is more effective in my opinion. Interesting too to see all the different plants, one more purple and early, one green, one very late and long.

Greetings Gemüse
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
My Male was very pear soap smelling with hints of mango and peach.

Attachments

• soap.jpg
    soap.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0

REALPOTency

Veteran
My Male was very pear soap smelling with hints of mango and peach.

my female nanda devi too:tiphat:
i call Fernanda :)

and efect is very positive mind calm,
the bubblehash i make is like Iluminati the mind
meybe cbd ? i need make some cromatography to this strain soon

saludos

CJM

I realize that I'm late to this party, but are you still growing Kumaoni? Also, have you had an analysis done on its ths/cbd content? Just curious. Thanks. CJM

meizzwang

Nanda Devi and Kumaoni have the most ridiculously gigantic leaves! As mentioned above, they are more like hemp plants: even 2 months old seedlings are near 2 meters tall already! Almost zero side branching except near the tip top of the plants, but these are grown in less than optimal lighting and they are also planted close together. Out of 13 plants of kumaoni and Nanda Devi, there's only 1 female so far, hoping to get maybe 3 or 4. It's probably just the luck of the draw.

Unlike malana, which overall lacks vigor and has a high ratio of "runts" from the small sample size grown here, both Nanda Devi and Kumaoni have great vigor!

My impression right now is that the main value of these plants are for ornamental purposes, for fiber, and safekeeping/breeding. I can't imagine getting more than a few grams per plant despite their giant size, but they are easily the most jaw dropping, beautiful cannabis plants I've ever grown!

Here's a leaf of Nanda Devi:
36504104740_8154790a9b_c.jpg

Another nanda Devi leaf. Don't have a photo to show it yet, but Kumaoni looks almost identical to Nanda Devi at this stage:
36761230251_b11a3e821f_c.jpg

Crappy photo and hard to tell size/height, but you can see these are merely sticks with a few giant leaves:
36900820485_e02b649075_c.jpg

Last edited:

meizzwang

some better pictures. It literally feels like you're in a bamboo forest when you walk into this garden, the plants have become so tall they're outgrowing the surrounding shrubs! The stems have a really strong, hard to describe, slightly sweet odor and they're surprisingly sticky. Some have a carroty scent, but the "winners" have this complex aroma that's super pungent when you do a stem rub. After smelling the stems, you can tell these have the right terps to make excellent, flavorful hash. Some plants smell exact the same as another plant, but a few individuals have a stand out odor that's different from the rest.

Overall, the plants have grown approx. 1/3 a meter in the past week alone! These plants are now a bit past 2 meters in height! Had I known these would be the tallest plants EVER, they would have been placed in a different position...unfortunately, they're now shading some pure sativas which were supposed to be tall monsters that ended up being average in height.

Indoors, I have no idea how others have pulled off growing nanda devi and Kumaoni, but perhaps if you take cuttings from higher up the plant, you can somewhat tame it. There are some seedlings that are shorter and smaller than others.

For sure, there is a very high male to female ratio, so far there's still only 1 confirmed female and 9 confirmed males. One Kumaoni female showed pistils before many of the males, and it has one of the most pungent smelling stems out of them all! It'll certainly be used to maintain the Kumaoni line as well as for some hybrids with other landraces. Some of the males are very late to show their gender, but if it smells really good I'll still pollinate all the females with the males.

Since there's such a small population size, I'm going to both pollinate pure kumaoni with itself and Nanda Devi with Kumaoni. Regretfully, all of the nanda devis turned out to be males, but the tallest one has an incredible scent, and the other two also smell great.

Here's nanda devi in the front, and Kumaoni to the right and back. Such a beauty, but crazy tall. You still can't truly tell how tall they are from the photo, but this gives a little better perspective. As a reminder, these are only about 2 months old, imagine if they were started early in the season!
36863431836_d6d0f6e0a2_c.jpg

Another shot:
36863440066_9f91d497f3_c.jpg

And here's a shot of a giant kumaoni leaf. these are no joke, they're almost unbelievable:
36863462056_ba0b39651d_c.jpg

36880871782_075d64f7f8_c.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
Always interesting to look at leaf shapes. I'm used to 100% sativas having thin long fingers. Those leaves are similar to a lot of hybrids I've seen.
Obviously those are 100% sativa. But it shows you can't go by leaf shape to identify plant type.

Latest posts

Latest posts