What's new

How offen can you use tea?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have just discivered the wonderful world of teas.

Also, I discovered liquid kelp.

How offen can I use them?

minds_I

PS: Whats your recipe?

G

Good idea for a thread, "I". Would also like to see what people have to say to your questions. Will be keeping track of this one.

Bh

I

irie-i

my ladies need watering once a week or so. i feed them tea 2 out of 3 waterings, the third is a flush with just water.
my tea has alalfa, bat guano, earth worm castings, kelp, molasses, enzyme, and a litle this and that.

Opt1983

If going from seed, i usually hit them with a tea consisting of wormcastings at a rate of 1 TBL each per gallon of water once the Cateloyds (i know that is spelled wrong) start to yellow.You can also add a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses and let it bubble for around 24 hours, this helps to feed the herd and gets things moving. This gives them a nice non burnable nitrogen shot to help them along. Other then that i don't use teas very much cuz all my nutes are mixed into the medium ahead of time and are usually sufficient. Sometimes i hit them with a High P bat quano tea halfway thru flowering if i think it will help, but this go around i didnt and things are looking good. As for the kelp.... I use Thrive alive B1 (green) every watering.. cutting back to everyother watering during flowering. This thrive alive is basically liquid kelp with a few other things added. Next run i think imma order some Maxicrop cuz i hear good things about it. Liquid karma sounds tasty also! :) -Opt :sasmokin:

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I used Indonesian Bat Guano tea every other watering in flowering. I had excellent results with some nice frosty nugs.

G

hey. Im kinda new to this whole tea thing. Is a tea pretty much whatever you throw together into one bottle and mix pretty much?

I use fish emulsion and kelp for each watering. Sometimes I go low on the fish but i always give them a nice dose of Kelp. They love it! sometimes double or triple doses.

Last edited:
G

Minds_I- Are you referring to nutrient teas or teas for the purpose of introducing/maintaining microbial populations (which is pretty much the same thing in a much milder form)?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Well, I have discovered I may be using too much ewc/veggie compost and Kellogg's Patio Plus(chicken shit premix).

I have been using a 1/2 cup of each to a half gallon of water.

1 tbsn molasses

a dose of liquid kelp (about 3 cc's)

about 3 cc's of Alaska fish

and four toasted mini wheats for the carbos.

Bubble 24 hours-nice head of foam-smells earthy. Good stuff Maynard.

So, I am thinking of going to 2 tbsn each of ewc/commpost and Kelloggs, 1 tbsn molasses, 3 cc's liquid kelp, 2 cc's AF and grains for carbos.

So, can I use this all the time or should I alternate?

Also, how often can you foliar spray withthe tea?

minds_I

Last edited:
I

irie-i

i spray weekly in veg, and a week or two into flower. although i once sprayed a tea in week 5 of flower to slow down a powdery mildew problem. the brown tea stained the leaves and some flowers a little, but it washed off (mostly)

I

irie-i

the pm abated, but didnt go away. i tried H2O2 1.5% on a couple of plants and it worked better, but not 100%. but the plants i sprayed appeared okay. ill spray the whole room today

the couch

I'd say it depends on the strength of the tea/how long you let it sit and bubble.
I got away on my last grow with teas containing 1tbs wc, 1-3tbs guano, 1tbs molasses, and kelp (per gallon) every watering with good results. I probably could have used less, but never saw any signs of over fertilizing with the tea.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
:wave: whaddup dude

I posted my recipe in another thread of yours, though I'd include it here for you and others.

I bubble 4 gallons plain water in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone running for 24hrs to get rid of chlorine BEFORE I add the worm castings which are my sampling of beneficial bacteria.

I add 1TBS of liquid seaweed (potassium, hormones, auxins, vitamins), 4 TBS of EWC (bacterial sampling), 4 TBS of molasses (carbon source), 1 TBS of yeast extract or rice meal (nitrogen source for proteins) to the water and let it bubble loosely covered for ~24-48hrs.

I don't use a sock to hold the EWC, it juts gets in the way.
Use a hella big air pump and get better results the air ensures the aerobic bacteria take hold, what your looking for is foam collecting at the top and it should NOT have a foul smell.

I generally water everytime with this tea, it helps as a fertilizer boost by boosting the microbes that convert the ammendments in my soil, you can add high P guano to the tea for the last couple of weeks of flowering to supplement.

Simple and amazingly effective, natures perfect brew.

Like I said if it doesn't contain high P or N bat guano or bird shit than you can feed with it everytime at full strength, to me it's like plain water.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I would like to get your opinion of a plant heath issue.

I mentioned I was using way too much ewc/compost and kelloggs chicken shit potting soil. It is pretty hot-I always seemed to cook seedlings in no matter how much I cut it.

So, could one burn a freshly rooted cutting in a medium hot soil givng them the tea and foliar feed them with it?

COuld this be my problem here:

Does the seconf pic (all of the same plant) look like a potassium def.?

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27158

Have I overferted them?

Now, just plain casting tea is ok but not with the addition of guanos makes sense.

I am going to just use pH'ed water w/ liquid kelp the next watering unless the problem progresses. Then I will just flsh with pH'ed water only.

minds_I

Last edited:

dmcheatw

will these teas attract animals of any kind if ur using fish emulsion and bat guano once every 3 weeks? is bat guano 10-5-5? what ab fish emulsions

Latest posts

Latest posts