What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pulverizing Dolo Lime pellets

G

Ive heard pelletized limestone has some kind of calcium coating which doesnt dissolve in water at all. i guess if you pulverized it it'd work a little better but you'll still have stuff that doesn't dissolve

G

A pal who is very reliable source of horticultural info swung through here and saw my thread and PM'ed me @ another site to fill me in on the pelletized lime.

Pelletized lime consists of clay and powdered lime with a water soluble coating. They electrically-charge small pellets of clay and then "roll them around" in powdered lime so the lime has something to stick to. Then a water soluble coating is added.

Contrary to what I've been told, it doesn't take very long at all for pelletized lime to break down and start working in soil. In normal applications, a good watering or two will do it. Once the water soluble coating dissolves (which happens quickly), the clay and lime (both water-soluble) will separate and disperse into the soil.

.canine.

G

i use vics supper soil and use epsom garden lime and have had no problemo i just mix let it sit and mix for i month old .i have the greenest bud and i like it becues it last the plants life frome veg to flower.i use some old secreats frome lavendercowboy from og.wormcastings ect... i just got a home depo in town now i can get the mushroom compost and other goodies .in organics i try to be self sestaining with a earthworm ben and a composter .