What's new

4 cu ft of perlite for 10 bucks

bostrom155

They have them at Home depot for 10 dollars (in a big brown bag), and probably lowes too, but it's a ton of perlite. Looks like i could fill 20 of the small bags i've been buying for close to 3 bucks. Just bought a 25 gallon tote, to put it in, still alot left in the bag, but I'm mixing soil tonight.

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i would find these bags have some really small bits of perlite towards the end. FYI, more like dust...

bostrom155

LavenderCowboy said:
bostrom,

If it's medium perlite you got a deal....Most places charge around $20 for 4 cu.ft of perlite....LC

Yea it's a little smaller than the other perlite. Should i had a little more than normal?

TeamSleep

SCF said:
i would find these bags have some really small bits of perlite towards the end. FYI, more like dust...

Yea be careful with them bags or you will be cleaning up a major spill!!! I usually do all of my soil work outdoors if possible because of the dust and debri. Thats a hell of a deal tho..not to shabby!

G

Exactly why I didn't pick up the huge bag... thought to myself, That looks like a mess waiting to happen. I'll stick with my itty bitty bags.

bostrom155

:joint: Yea thats why I did it outside...no mess, just dust that blew away it a few mintues. Got it all in a tote..ready to go. I like the small 2 or 3 dollar bags...but that shit adds up. Anyway just thought I'd give you guys the info.

G

i work at home depot, and have a funny story about those huge bags of perlite.

last year, i was approaching the soil isle where we keep those big bags of perlite, and i notice a customer of rather short stature trying to get it down off the shelf (the shelf they are on is about 6' off the ground.)

before i could finish saying "sir could i help you with that?"
the bag got caught on the shelf and ripped open, dumping its contents onto the customer. needless to say, the disheveled customer looked more like frosty the snow man than a human being.

i had to duck into the shed isle so he wouldn't see me laughing at him.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
With regard to the mess factor I am forced to mix my soil indoors so what i do is I cut a hole at the top of the bag and I pocke alot of small holes in the bottom and run water through the bag, do it for a couple of minutes and let it drain you'll be good to go.
Even if I don't use it all it dries out relatively dustless for the next time.

Latest posts

Latest posts