What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Electric Sky

Ktaadn

Is anyone familiar with these new wideband LED lights? I'm mostly an outdoor grower and have run nothing other than T5's indoors in the past. Now that things are legal here I've decided to up my indoor game and after researching various LED fixtures I came across the Electric Sky from the Green Sunshine Company. The reviews were impressive so it's what I decided to go with. I didn't want to go with Chinese brands despite having Viparspectra recommended to me by more than one person.

I like the look of the light it puts out, very natural but with a slight pinkish hue. There will probably be a bit of a learning curve for me since as I said I'm not really an indoor guy. I'm impressed so far though! The light does get hot to the touch on top when on full power, but with no fans that should be expected I'd say.

Here's a pic with a couple of plants getting adjusted to the light. It's fully dimmable and was on the dim setting here.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Can you link to the light. The one I found only has a 1.8 micro moles per joules. That is not very good. That is barely above a HPS light.

Ktaadn

Mine is the 300 which is rated at 2.0. I'm certainly not claiming this to be the best by any means, but I like the design, the footprint and the reviews were excellent.

Specs
Model/SKU: Electric Sky ES300

True wattage: 300 Watts

LEDs: Top-Bin Mid Power Wideband Diodes

Beam angle: Dual-Way Linear Lens 60° x 120°

Spectrum: GS1 “Wideband” Spectrum for Flowering Plants; Creates larger leaves and stems for exponentially faster growth in veg & massive yields in flower

Efficacy (300nm-780nm): 2.0 μmol/J

Total Photon Flux (300nm-780nm): 600 μmol/s

Lifetime:

Expected Fixture Lifetime: 90,000 Hours [20 yrs flower / 16 yrs veg]
Expected 90% LED Brightness: 50,000 Hours [11 yrs flower / 7 yrs veg]
Coverage Area:

Vegetative footprint: 1 unit - up to 3 x 6’ ; 2 units - up to 6' x 6'
Flowering footprint: 1 unit - up to 2.5’ x 5’; 2 units - up to 5’ x 5’
Hang Height:

Vegetative: 24” - 48”
Flowering: 18” - 20”
Dimensions: 36L x 12W x 2.5H inches

Weight: 22 lbs

Voltage / Amperage: AC100~270V; 2.5A @ 120V / 1.25A @ 240V; 50Hz - 60Hz

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
$695 on the site (over $2 per actual watt of draw), they inflate their PPFD readings as well by measuring 300nm to 800nm "EPPFD" instead of normal PAR 400-700nm range. Cant find a spectral graph on their site to verify usability of their spectrum either...90 day money back guarantee says the site, could build a nicer 3000k quantum board or F series strip build for cheaper and better lighting.

Link To Site And Light:

https://thegreensunshineco.com/product/electric-sky-es300-grow-light/

Last edited:

Ktaadn

Yeah I got it at a reduced price but $695 seems to be the usual. Can't seem to view their website on this computer to link to it.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Looks legit.

They're expensive for the output but if the following is true and the red is getting deeper into the canopy then they may well outperform per watt in terms of whole plant photosynthesis VS some other LED tech around

Wideband spectra like the one found in the Electric Sky are more efficient for plant growth per photon than White LEDs, but it is less “electrically efficient” to create the spectrum.* Some studies suggest up to a 25% greater yield due to full activation of plant photosystems and the Emerson Effect.

** If standard white LEDs were used, the umol/J would read 2.2. Wideband diodes create near red and infrared light above 680nm, critical nutrients to plant growth, at a slightly lower “electrical efficiency”, but greater overall “plant efficiency”.

Last edited:

Dangreenfingers

From my experience the es300's are well worth the money. I've run viparspectra r900's for nearly 3 years but recently upgraded to es300's instead (8 of them!). I definitely saw an increase in growth since swapping over but I haven't completed a full flower yet..but in the same sense can already see there's going to be a better yield as well. You know when you can see the difference just by eye sight.. Buds seem denser and thicker. They do run a lot less heat than the R900's as well so I did have to change my ventilation system a bit but that has been the only real downside. Overall, if you are considering between vipar and es, pay the bit extra and get the es. That would be my recommendation anyway.

In terms of pricing I shopped around a bit as moneys tight a lot on my end. I noticed the price does vary greatly. I ended up getting them from the hippie house, they were the cheapest by a fair bit when I ordered them. The guy I spoke to seemed to know a bit as well, think his name was steve. I've tracked down the link encase it helps anyone.

https://thehippiehouse.com.au/colle...s/electric-sky-300-v2-wideband-led-grow-light

The other thing I thought I'd mention and if anyone knows this please let me know.. I obviously got one with an aussie plug cause I live in NSW. My brother lives in the states though and wanted to buy some since this corona virus lockdown started - we are now thinking if he buys from here in Australia because of the low AU to USD conversion rates he'd get them way cheaper. The only problem is the power cord.. but as far as I've read the voltage they run on is internationally compatible. Do you know if my bro just swaps the power cord to ones with the US pins the light's would run the same?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just went to their www. $2.31/w is high. I don't see the high value to justify that price. I would certainly EXPECT them to be transparent, which they are not

And what exactly does 'wideband' mean? Very deceptive.

hth

Latest posts

Latest posts