What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My nutrient list looking to cut back

C

-Capfan-

Hey guys, ive been using AN for quite sometime now and it gets expensive!

Ive cut a few out already that just didnt seem worthy or made any difference..

Currently using

Ebb and grow system

*veg*
Jungle Juice Micro/Grow/Bloom
b52
Superthrive
Dripclean
Cal/mag
Occasional Roots Accelerator (clones)

*Bloom*
Bud Candy
superthrive
dripclean
first 2 weeks Bud igniter ( thinking of bud blood, thoughts? )
3 to 5 weeks Big Bud/nirvana/B52
week 3 to flush add Gravity (10ML/30gal)
Week 5-8 Overdrive

----

i notice my rez gets a bad slimy build up and i want a sterile reservoir, nothing nasty building/brewing!

im also thinking of trying Mother of all Bloom to replace Over drive..

Any thoughts?

Seems the staple products are

BigBud
Overdrive
Gravity

Thanks guys!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Growers that do their homework don't use Paclo products... dump the Gravity for sure.
I'm sure you want smell and flavor and potency anyway... not rock hard nugs that often turn to dust when broken up.

Never was a fan of superthrive and haven't ever needed drip-clean when using plain nutes and a 3 week flush.

Hell, I don't even use bloom boosters except some extra GH Flora Bloom (Still haven't made the switch to coolbloom powder).

Simple is good. Simple is clean. Simple can grow DENSE buds with a lot of weight. Try it. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

edit: Never used Jungle stuff, so no idea if the cal/mag is necessary.

sso

Veteran
the hydro store must be really happy about the employee that sold you on all this.

i do the kiss method.

i used to just use water from my crayfishtank with fine results when i was broke.

now i add a bit of floranova bloom to that, (the leaves on some strains were getting a bit too yellow too early, but budsize was the same as when i used actual fertilizers.)

thats my way.

id suggest, try just using the main ferts.

see how that goes, then try 1 of the other stuff and see how that goes and so on.

you probably will just end up using the main ferts. (depending on how good they are.)

gregor_mendel

You said you are looking to cut back.

Stick with micro and bloom, maybe calmag+, if that is your cal/mag product.

clown baby

You dont need b52 or superthrive. a gallon of vitamin B6 costs like $6.50/gallon at home depot.

Any bud booster can replace half of your bud products. It's all just potassium and phosphate

RespectGreen

Veteran
Drop all other additives in veg, and just use your veg base, and silica!

Can't believe no one added the use of silicia... One of the most important additives if your going to use anything IMPO..... Also C/M as necessary....

For flower:
Base nute
Silicia (cut out at week 5)
Decent bloom blooster (anything P/K cheap, or exspensive brand, and use sparingly)

Also if u really wanna spice things up mix a BENEFICIAL tea, with all this you are golden :D:D

clown baby

and the slimy rez could be all the sugar from the bud candy... you're feeding all of the nasties in your reservoir.

sso

Veteran
Drop all other additives in veg, and just use your veg base, and silica!

Can't believe no one added the use of silicia... One of the most important additives if your going to use anything IMPO..... Also C/M as necessary....

For flower:
Base nute
Silicia (cut out at week 5)
Decent bloom blooster (anything P/K cheap, or exspensive brand, and use sparingly)

Also if u really wanna spice things up mix a BENEFICIAL tea, with all this you are golden :D:D

different solutions for everyone. if somethings wrong in my garden, i just use a bit of my own piss.

(it smells for 15 minutes if it does that at all (usually does not.i remember one times that it did, briefly for 1 minute or so.)

it just about fixes everything. (i dont know maybe my piss is extra golden, but if you dont have any issues about piss, id try it)

(if you have issues about piss and no Real reasons for saying no, please dont bitch, i wont answer it, IT WORKS for ME.)

sso

Veteran
..., i very rarely need to use piss btw. (and not alot.) (1 cup per plant.) (tea cup for a large plant, 1-3 gallons container.)

ive seen plants near death, bounce back in a week. (to being fully green and looking like nothing was wrong.)

RespectGreen

Veteran
Lol hey man to each his own, and ur not the only person I've heard mention "piss" serious :D look at "urea nitrogen" in most ferts

sso

Veteran
Lol hey man to each his own, and ur not the only person I've heard mention "piss" serious :D look at "urea nitrogen" in most ferts

yeah, :) plenty of people do it, just does not get mentioned much, because of the "eeww" crowd. :)

liquid gold, some call it.

Ohmless

*veg*
Jungle Juice Micro/Grow/Bloom
Superthrive
Occasional Roots Accelerator (clones)

*Bloom*
Bud Candy
superthrive
dripclean
first 2 weeks Bud igniter ( thinking of bud blood, thoughts? )
3 to 5 weeks Big Bud/nirvana
----

When I did ebb/flow, I added bud candy three days before a scheduled res change. prevents the sliminess. I don't know what dripclean is though I can tell you that overdrive is labeled as half strength big bud. why not just put in the big bud at half strength? No experience with bud igniter. Nirvana is a great ammendment as it has the big three(earthworm castings, kelp, and alfalfa.)