What's new

facing prison time or done w/it?

The shitty laws were I live are pretty hardcore about growing.Both a friend and I have done prison time and he's now facing some pretty serious time for growing(2nd time) since he's been down before theyre not offering anything low enough for him to even think about taking. My friend has his family to think about first and foremost. Luckly he has made bail and fighting it in court from outside.

Basically only choice he realistically has is to do his time or take off! either way he will prob not get the chance to be a close father, but wants to (at the very least) still provide for his wife and kids. We have been in/outdoor growers for along time, and this next summer he's got to try "growing all out" in an attempt to grow enough meds to both provide for family and finance his move away from the long arm of the law. Im down w/him about growing fulltime over the summer. To grow the # plants were talking about,will be starting mostly from seed obviously. Since were familiar w/our area outdoors we'll prob grow locally.N Illinois. but really were down w/growing where ever is best. Canoeing, w/gps, and gas waterpump ect,ect...everything covered. Just trying to decide about growing near/using local river or Wisc,Iowa ect..any1 else in a similar situation, or know some great canoe/camping rivers in the midwest US?

Sounds like an adventure, and sounds like the mind is made up for taking off already the way I see it.

I'd just leave the location details out, although a wide geographic region, since he's about to become a fugitive.

B

bj368

hey stagger lee , you should tell your friend to fight as hard as he can for his freedom. you should also talk him out of running , it will put his family at great risk , you will be taken advantage of turned in and betrayed by most of the people who know you , family will turn you in for money . if it is just growing, as over crowded as prisons are you should be kicked back out on the street in just a few years. but if you run and get caught commiting other felonys in another state then you have charges and time in 2 states , its best to just do the time and get it over with . but good luck with your decions

biteme

first off, a poor man can't run so unless your pal has a bank already running is a dumb idea. as for growing, i live in your area at 41 degrees and about 50 miles west of the mississippi river. corn country. imo, the days of the massive gardens are over as the technology of today will spot these grows. numerous small plots are the way to go and even then, how many plants can two guerillas handle especially at harvest? this sport is labor intensive and too many just become waste so again imo, grow quality plants you are able to care for and good luck-biteme

BJ368 is right, tell your friend not to run.

Once your friend starts running, he'll never be able to stop. He'll be looking over his shoulder constantly and having mild anxiety attacks every time he sees a cop. How old is your friend? How many years is he facing if he mans up and goes to jail? The life of a fugitive is rarely a long one meaning he will most likely get caught making a minor mistake (tail light, speeding, etc.). I got into some serious shit (not drugs) when I was 16 with another guy. We were facing a sentence of 10-15 years had we been prosecuted fully (most likely would have served 5 years - 2 in juvenile and 3 in real prison). We were young and dumb as hell and had a plan to run. I thank God every day we didn't because that would have ruined my life. We got off and neither one of us served any time. I fucked up again when I was 17. I was facing 5 separate charges but, by coincidence, my lawyer happened to be close friends with the prosecuting attorney. I plead guilty to 1 charge and it was probation and community service.

I know the situation for him is different because he's an adult with priors, but I just don't think running is the right decision especially with a wife and kids.

The time that theyre asking for now is ridiculous but its early-on
so they usually start out offering something really high,probably to soften ya up for some kinda plea bargain down the road..

Bj is right about prison over-crowding but, my friends got several felonies and been down before. Illinois views MJ convictions harsher than most states. Im pretty sure anything over 10yrs straight he's boogying. I really cant blame him. I think he should checkout what options he might have towards moving outta the US altogether. Like Canada, or Holland,ect..

dude, i was facing a life sentence for intent to distribute in oklahoma. not my first weed charge either. in fact ive been in and out for small misdemeanor shit since 13. bad seed i guess lol. point is i ended up with a deferred sentence for 5 years. so i moved to cali so i can live legally. im still on that suspended but cali dont know it! lol and they never will. i just cant get in trouble back home. no prob for me! i hate that place anyway! lol

use all that sweet weed money for the best fucking lawyer you can afford!!!!

]A[Boss

why are you two getting caught so much in the first place? Might want to start there.

best of luck. Keep fighting it.. might get 5-7 in the end instead of 15-20.. never know. Get a great lawyer and maybe a close friend thats actually smart and knows what they are doing.

get 3 600's for flower and 400 watt for veg. set it up prepetually.. 3 plants veg, 3 plants flower. .grow trees.. 4 pounds every 2 months cud help his family pay the bills if he had a close friend to grow and knows what they are doing.

take your ass to cali and do it. .send the money back to his family if you're so scared of the law.

Move to Norcal and grow legally

While he's on the lam? Bright idea, thee cops wouldn't know where he's at when he goes to the dmv to get his ca id which is needed to get your rec.... Brilliant!

My 2 cents, I grew up in the Milwaukee area, though I now reside in the Bay, is to go out up and around the green bay area. Some of the FAR northwest areas of the state are stupid remote! Short season though up there, make sure and get yourself some fast flowering beans... I'd say lots of Nirvana as the price is right and you can make selections from their large list. Another plus is that around there, no matter what you produce quality wise, it all sells for 50 an 8th or better! Shit, wish I could get WI prices in CA.... My god, but alas, fuck wisconsin, never going back....:tiphat:

While he's on the lam? Bright idea, thee cops wouldn't know where he's at when he goes to the dmv to get his ca id which is needed to get your rec.... Brilliant!

:

you dont need a cali id to get your rec. just ask me! i got mine with an out of state id..... just sayen. besides cops dont communicate or know as much as most people think. one state has no clue you have a warrant in another unless its a federal warrant. city, county, and state warrants stay in there jurisdiction unless the 2 states have an agreement to share records. not that common really. ive got some experience in the matter....

TBL420uk

since he's been down before theyre not offering anything low enough for him to even think about taking.

So he would talk if the terms were good enough? Fuck the American justice system & everyone who has grassed cos of it. Tell him to man up & do his time.

TBL, geeez! whats up w/some of you fuckers?,lol! must be smoking some seriously good weed????

I said taking, not talking. Who the fuck is he going to talk too!? He got busted growing... and has been to the joint before. For the young growers out there that havent got caught up or live in an area that isnt as strict about growing, have a little respect MF's.

It surely could happen to you one day, and if you think your above ever going to jail for growing,supplying,or giving someone a serious beatdown for trying to steal your shit, your wrong. theres alot of cool, standup mf's doing time for growing,ect...

it blows my mind how quickly our fallen brothers(who fought the good fight) are not only forgotten, but spoken about as if their idiots who got what they had coming!

TBL WTF do you mean when saying fuck every1 that has grassed cause of it? Tell him to man up and do his time? My boy, is a hard hitting ,standup agro hippy that already has done 5yrs in prison. Unlike most younger whites going down for the 1st time(in the US anyway) he didnt get scared join a gang and act like a wigger.Didnt snitch to stay out,or didnt feel the need to have to ride w/a blk gang. That speaks volumes to those who "know".

And again wtf would he "talk" about anyway.?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you dont need a cali id to get your rec. just ask me! i got mine with an out of state id..... just sayen. besides cops dont communicate or know as much as most people think. one state has no clue you have a warrant in another unless its a federal warrant. city, county, and state warrants stay in there jurisdiction unless the 2 states have an agreement to share records. not that common really. ive got some experience in the matter....

I hope you really don't believe this.

Warrants are sent to the Department of Motor Vehicles and if pulled over the Officer will immediately know said person is wanted on a warrant.

All States have access to this along with many Countries....

Blink, did you mean SF Bay? when you mentioned Wisc I thought you meant Green Bay. but I lived in SF Bay area (Berkley/Oakland) for several years around 2000, IMO No better place for Quality,and selection than Cali.And I moved around to many different cities/states. Was usually always about $100 1/4(depending hookup/friends) Here in N Illinois hard to get more than $300oz even or dank! Good for smokers but not growers but its all good! I worked at one 1st cannabis clubs in SF(Denis Perons)started externship doing Massage therapy then became part of growing scene. IMO Cali has some of the best growers in the world(kinda talk'n shit cause havent been out of US)lol!

TBL, geeez! whats up w/some of you fuckers?,lol! must be smoking some seriously good weed????

And again wtf would he "talk" about anyway.?

Well, for openers he could talk about you. He has already done hard time, and probably didn't like it a whole lot; just maybe he doesn't want to show how standup he is again.
When the D.A. tells his lawyer they can cut him a great deal where he doesn't have to say bye bye to mom and the kids if he gives up enough of those low life druggie types a lot of other real standup guys have decided to sing their asses off. He's off to Norcal with the family where his old business associates aren't going to find him when they get out. You, on the other hand, are relearning the ins and outs of life in the joint. If I were you I would live my life on the straight and narrow until his case is through

mule420

Running makes it a federal offense if he crosses state lines. And get caught growing on the lam your fuct! Paperwork, without it your screwed, as a fleeing felon you get no passport or DL renewed, credit cards are useless, pre paid cell phones can be juggled around however your calling from the same area code or cell towers... And when your deep in the woods you have repeater towers that get hit with alot less calls IE: You call the women they get a hit on a repeater tower in BFE... Or you get a Sat phone...

I read somewhere the Us FeDEraL mArsHAlLs brought back over 1000 people from 70 or so countries last year...

Any place there is camping or water ways people and cops will follow... Park rangers are some crazy MF out here! Ive seen them on bikes,horses,motorcycles,quads,boats,jeeps,planes, choppers,heal to toe express... And most pack now... And if on state or fed land you need permits for camping long term and boat or motorcycle permits as well... Not trying to blast your master plan here just adding my 2 pennies... Peace and puffs

Latest posts

Latest posts