What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Late Planting...Yield ?.

Endur

Veteran
What's Good
I would like some feed back on this situation.
I planted 43 seedlings, back on July 29. The grow area is 2ft X 5ft and 1 1/2 deep.
picture.php

OK, so now here we are now August 27th, 29 days later, and they haven't even started to show sex, all the other plants are flowering.

So, after I find out the males, and get rid of them, I should end up with 20-21 females.
My question is do you think I can pull one zip per plant?
This is just something I have been wanting to try out, and see what happens, planting late. I am pretty sure I can let them go, until mid November to finish flowering.
I am trying for some buds on a stick...lol
Here are a couple pictures...
picture.php

picture.php

Let me know what you think these will yield...
Peace
Endur

Endur

Veteran
nice plants lookin good so far...what strain and climate ??

Strain...Hornsswaggle= (Nirvana Seeds Bubblelicious male)X Blueberry
climate...Annual Average Rainfall: 29.9 inches

The county enjoys a moderate climate with snow in some areas during the winter. Abundant rainfall is the norm which also brings beautiful wildflowers and green hills. Summers tend to be warm and dry.
Endur...

whodair

Veteran
sounds promising...my outdoor started flowering 8/3...you might get some stretch on your babies as they transition into flower. you'll get something, but i cant speculate how much (mine or yours!!)

dickcorn

I have a bunch of late plantings the same size and larger, better enviorment and my experiance tells me to expect more like 5-7 grams.
p.s. i'm about to put out another round of 6-8 inch clones probably get a lil less off those

Endur

Veteran
whodair.... sounds promising...my outdoor started flowering 8/3...you might get some stretch on your babies as they transition into flower. you'll get something, but i cant speculate how much (mine or yours!!)

Thanks for tha insight whodair. I guess something is better than nothing. :wave:

dickcorn .... I have a bunch of late plantings the same size and larger, better enviorment and my experiance tells me to expect more like 5-7 grams.
p.s. i'm about to put out another round of 6-8 inch clones probably get a lil less off those

Thanks dickcorn, :tiphat:
I hope they yield a little more than 5-7 Grams. I know that well established cuttings, can produce good yields. Guess i will find out in a couple months.
peace
Endur

2010 Outdoor Grow...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176563
Check It Out...

biteme

mr. dickhorn is right on ime. good, healthy gals that size should yield about 1/4 oz dried. and i would not be disappointed in that sort of yield considering the late start. you need to stay on top of it now. males will show soon if not already but most important to you is that at this late stage they do their thing much more quickly. you leave a plant you identified as a male and the next day his nuts will be hanging and following day they will pop. breeders are more hip to this than me cause i do not make seed so maybe one will pipe up? peace-biteme

I have some little guys like that and i am expecting 5-10 g/plant with most being on the lighter side of things but that"s fine by me. Generally from cuttings planted out with a 6-8 week growing time in good sun will give me 10-20 g each and seeing that is more than i would have got off the lower shoots on the moms it's well worth doing. Keep us posted and may your fall be great.

Dr_Tre

I'm looking forward to see how things will end.My prediction? Shitty yield, way lower than a zip per plant.That is not only because of the late start, your spot is too tiny for so many plants.

Anyway, wish you luck and please keep us updated!It should be an interesting experiment.:wave:

whodair

Veteran
I'm looking forward to see how things will end.My prediction? Shitty yield, way lower than a zip per plant.That is not only because of the late start, your spot is too tiny for so many plants.

Anyway, wish you luck and please keep us updated!It should be an interesting experiment.:wave:

i agree from the pic that they are tightly spaced...but hes growing the lollipops, not bushes, so they prolly do fine !!

Endur

Veteran
What up,
I just want to remind you, that i will be re-moving at least half, being males, in a couple weeks, when they start flowering.
I am trying to get them to grow only 12-15 inch tall colas.
peace
endur

Endur

Veteran
update...
I pulled 21 males, so I'm left with 22 females...woo whooo.
They are now just starting to flower, most are 12-15 inches tall. I also gave them a good fertilizing, with GH Maxi Bloom.

Before the males were removed...
picture.php

It opened up the spot a lot, so now the girls will have more room to continue flowering.
Peace
Endur

Endur

Veteran
Gett "N" There...

Gett "N" There...

What's Good?
Well, the girls are looking nice, Most are between 13-18 inches tall, and just starting to flower. They are looking to be done sometime in mid November. I shouldn't have any problems,having them not finishing.
So here are a few pictures...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Endur

Panoramical

Nice going, best of luck. I put mine outside late (end of july/beginning of aug) too. They were all seedlings raised in PC cases (stealth mode). I'm concerned the weather won't hold up to finish mine, but they are looking a bit more advanced than yours do.

Do you mind saying what country do you're in, or your latitude? I'm 51.

Endur

Veteran
Nice going, best of luck. I put mine outside late (end of july/beginning of aug) too. They were all seedlings raised in PC cases (stealth mode). I'm concerned the weather won't hold up to finish mine, but they are looking a bit more advanced than yours do.

Do you mind saying what country do you're in, or your latitude? I'm 51.

What up Panoramical,
I am @ 37 Lat, roughly 2300 ft elevation, very Hot and dry from May-Oct with no rain.
USA...
peace
Endur

Endur

Veteran
Late Planting Update...

Late Planting Update...

Here we are, about 4 weeks into flowering. I had a violent thunder storm in the beginning of last week. I had a few girls blown over, but nothing broken. :dance013:
The pictures are after I propped them up, and pulled some of the lower growth off, that wont produce much bud.
Strain... Hornsswaggle = Nirvana's Bubblelicious (male) X Blueberry
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next visit, there will be some really nice colors...
and awesome macro pictures.
Peace
Endur

Endur

Veteran
What's Up...
So here is the update.
I will let them go for another 10-14 days, until I harvest them.
They are putting on weight, but I highly don't think any will be 28gms each. Im looking at maybe 4-6 oz total.

Anyways here are a few pics...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Endur

(Harvested) 2010 Guerrilla Outdoor Grow In The Sierra.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=176563

Endur

Veteran
Harvested Sucessfully...

Harvested Sucessfully...

What's Good,
Here we go...
Went to the grow yesterday, to harvest.
I was really surprised to see these beautiful girls, looking so Colorful.
I am pretty happy with the end result.
well here are the pictures just before cropping.

Hornsswaggle...= Nirvanas Bubbelishious (male) X Blueberry
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for who all commented and viewed.
Till Next Year...
The End...
Peace
Endur