What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious .:|Strain Report|:.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
________________Strain Report
____________________...:::|Sweet Afgani Delicious|:::...

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Sweet Afgani Delicious S1
Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy_G (Psychotropic)
Grower: Tommy
Report date: 08 May 2010

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 19
Yield: 18
Appearance: 18
Visible trychomes: 18
Aroma of the dried flowers: 19
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 19
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 16
Tolerance: 19
Effect: 19
Buzz duration: 17

Final result: 18,2 (182/200)

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: Being a 90% Indica variety, Sweet Afgani Delicious respects to its origins and, as well as the majority of the phenotypes of its ancestral Black Domina, presents itself as a plant with a short structure, robust and with a nice number of branches. As it is a S1, it is stable and homogeneous at least for the characteristics described by the seed bank. This is a short flowering variety and some plants only need 50 days into flowering, but the majority will thank the standard 60/65 days. It's definitely the fastest variety I ever grew. The plant is very beutiful, a treat to the eyes of the grower. Features a nice response to the LST but it also develops quite well if we avoid to interfere, as it doesn't stretch much even when in the hands of the inexperienced grower. Very nice pruning response. It doesn't need much food, neither water, which makes it an interesting option to use outdoors, specially in guerillas, as it can be left alone, unnatended, for a bit longer than with most of the other plants. The calyx to leaf ratio is another pro, which, besides the convenience we already know it supposes, is also of a great help when manicuring, as it becomes easier and faster to do.

Aroma and taste descriptions: Its aroma is, in a word, sweet. When yet alive, if we rub our fingers on its leaves it smells like a sweet poison, which brings to memory the intense sweetness of cough syrup. Its a medicinal aroma. The presence of a fruity aroma is incontestable but not always obvious. What is definitely obvious is a good smell of sweet wood, or as some like to say, it smells like incense with a touch of church (which is rather unusual in mostly Indica strains). Behind the sweetness and those strong aromas I can also identify a very subtle aroma that I venture to compare to carrot aroma. This isn't an easy aroma to notice and I only managed to relate it with carrots a few months after using this variety on a daily basis. The taste follows the same line, specially when we use a vaporizer to taste, as the taste of the vapor is like a replica of the aroma released when we break off the flowers setting the terpenes free. It features a soft note of red fruits after the first month of curing.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

__.__[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [4] Ammonia [ ] Anise [6] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [5] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Citric [3] Coconut [ ] Fuel [1] Sweet [6] Spices [ ] Floral [2] Strawberry [2] Fruit [5] Candy [8] Hashish [4] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [2] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [6] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [ ] Menthol [ ] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [2]
Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [ ] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]
Skunk [ ] Earthy [ ] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]

Effect descriptions: The effect is what I find more appealing about this strain. It's a joyful feeling, relaxed and physical. It arrives in a few minutes and usually lasts for 60 to 90 minutes. For being easily controlable, it benefits the grade of relaxation ofered to the user. It is an effect suitable for sleep, rest or to go for a relaxed walk. On the other hand, its effect is less adequate to drive cars, perform high responsability tasks or observations that suppose several complex thought processes at a time. If properly used it may be considered therapeutic. One has to get used to it, but that's easy because it doesn't trigger even a bit of anxiety. In my opinion it is a 5 star effect, which I have been recommending for the past 2 years to everyone who follows my grow diaries and seeks for the genuine effects of a good Indica.

Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
_________...___.___________________|18/20|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks bro :tiphat:

A couple of pics of the whole plant, 5 days after the ideal maturity point:

picture.php

picture.php

Grown along with 8 other plants in a Homebox XS (60cm x 60cm x 120cm), in a 7 litre pot.

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi icon and goready! Thanks for your comments :tiphat:

goready: actually yes my friend, Sweet Afgani Delicious is a S1, which means it is a self-pollination of a mother plant. In this case, the mother plant used is a Black Domina selected in 1998 in Valencia. That Black Domina mother became very well-known in Valencia and surroundings.

So it means that if you get Black Domina from Sensi Seeds you'll get, in theory, the same plant. But of course, with the offspring from the Black Domina mother selected by Sweet Seeds, you'll get very homogenous plants and some people appreciate this specific phenotype that Sweet Seeds used. In other words, if you sprout 10 Black Domina seeds, maybe a couple of plants will be from the same phenotype as Sweet Afgani Delicious, while the other 8 plants don't. It is a question of choosing between having a fine selected pheno and get plants that look almost the same while taste and effect are also almos the same, or having plants from different phenotypes, where you get more diversity and you could also select yourself your favourite pheno.

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

biteme

excellent report and nice pics too. from the first time i laid eyes on the sensi seeds menu, black domina has tempted me though i never bought it. one thing that held me back was the earlier sensi descriptions of black dom warned that it was strictly an indoor plant but at some point this language was dropped. it's an expensive pack of seed and my latest purchases of sensi seed gear have not been good. but s.a.d. is offered in packs of as little as 3 beans for less than $30 so this one is again in my sights. peace-biteme

MrMagic

Wow! Nice work bud I like all the pretty pictures! Wish i had the time and patience to put such a beautiful post together! thanks

rastaidd

Member yeahyeah!
Veteran
woOoOOw man!!!!
thanks for this great report!!
..and fantastic plants! :D
congrats!!! :yes:
k+

Latest posts

Latest posts