What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brickweed - have you smoked this?

there is brickweed floating all around the northeast right now...

it smells like anise (licorice) with hints of mellow sweet/piney/lemon, but main aroma is licorice.

many people described it as "smells like christmas" others said "smells like licorice" and one said "smells like ice tea"

kind of a brownish/darkish color, like lots of brick LOL.... but the smell is VERY unique.

does anyone know this weed?

i saw some of this same shit 3 years ago or so... was from a guy down south,
and for the fist time in three years, it appeared in a nearby city.

i've got some seeds and am going to grow them for the hell of it.

just wondering.... is it mexican? is it canadian, is it african? lol ---im just lookin for some info on it. there seems to be ALOT of the shit around, so i'm assumin mexi or canadian

peace, thanks all

-FF:ying:

Burt

Veteran
are you referring to 'zona?
another name for mids down here
get your self a quart and make some hash

blizz

same here i've had some decent scwiggity schwag recently an i threw a couple beans into this run with my normal line up ..but it didnt have that great of a smell .but i was chalkin that up to a lack of a cure <shrug> if it turns out bunk ill just give it away

Burt

Veteran
"hmm, ive had good schwag, but never had any that smelled good"
its not schwag-its usually 150-180 a zip-1995 NE prices-its mids-i've grown out the seeds and to this day, regretted not cloning her-we didn't know any better back then
the girl was a cactus and the hit was pure haze to the brain-i even stuck one in the bushes-bushes!-and still got a crystallized girl that knocked my socks off! the worst part of it was that i had saved the top cola for a VT camping expedition and got popped in a speed trap-even the Highway patrol asked-"what is this?" got to love NH-i paid a $100 fine and no record-i'm sure it never made it into evidence
the stuff is lime green and the bikers usually have it locked down
up that a ways-elbows were 1200 and again-bikers
if it was a toss up b/ween the kind and biker mids, i'd go for the biker mids everytime
one time-we loaded a giant pickle jar with a quart-the stuff was so nice we had to buy the quart-the biker told me someone had fucked up and was gonna pay the price for low balling it-yikes-never say bubba again after that! guns and i don't mix
*bubba also liked to squeeze off a few rounds from the snub nose in the rehearsal space late night to let off steam:hide:

the kid who was sending it up 3+ years ago was from maryland or something?

hehe burt, gotta love VT and NH :)

the stuff doesn't taste great... its brick man, its a bit musty and old/dirty tasting, like all brick i've smoked?

its not bad weed.... its definitely indica dominant, and most of the seeds are really big indica fatties.

dunno what else to say? no pics... may be able to get a few...

i may next year, but i dont have the time/space for them indoors.... to many genetics to try, so little time :)

i want to try them outdoors and see what they do

hehehehe whatsup s13 :) haven't seen you on This board, lol.

so no one else has seen the commercial weed that smells like licorice-y / christmas-y dank?

biteme

it has come through the midwest too over the last 18 months or so. waaaay better brick although i would not rate it as high as some of you folks? but this could just be me and my general dislike of brick? nice color, fluffs out of the block nicely but the main feature is the strong licorice smell. others have informed me that the licorice comes from durban genetics commonly found in mex herb but i have nothing to document this statement. peace-biteme

Rusty420

grow those seeds, then show us, then we may have a hope in hell of identifying, possibly where it came from, down to the continent at a push...:) sounds african..:)

hashit

Lots of schwag down here in the south...but you can find good reggie like what you describe. I get a zone for about 35...and I only find 2 - 5 seeds in them. I passed on some of those seeds to a few peeps and the plants came out amazing! You woulda never thought it was from a bag of reggie.

echo_chamber

Mexican weed. Smoke at your own risk. Almost always outdoor weed, no pest control/fungus control, often has Powder Mildew and you are supporting the 28,000+ murders there since 2006. Take seeds from those bags and plant them, that's the right thing to do.

echo chamber .... i support your anti-organized crime jive...

but seriously man, how is planting those seeds a perpetuation of organized crimes negative karma?

it's a fcking plant man... i'm sure she DOESN"T want to be grown by assholes who practically own their workers....
... but i'm also sure she would love to be grown by someone who loves cannabis for what it is....

:ying:

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I gotta few hundred seeds from brick and press mids, and reggie. I hope to run them someday i bet theres some real killer to be had at 20 weeks

headseed

echo chamber .... i support your anti-organized crime jive...

but seriously man, how is planting those seeds a perpetuation of organized crimes negative karma?

it's a fcking plant man... i'm sure she DOESN"T want to be grown by assholes who practically own their workers....
... but i'm also sure she would love to be grown by someone who loves cannabis for what it is....

:ying:
I believe echo was saying that to grow them out is the right thing to do. Didn't seem sarcastic or anything to me. :) Buying the brick sounds like what he has issues with IMO.
echo chamber said:
Take seeds from those bags and plant them, that's the right thing to do.

Latest posts

Latest posts