What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Pimpin' 2010 (Mid-West)

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Here are some shots of my ladies at the end of July. We've been getting enough rain so far this year and things are growing well. They should start flowering here very soon. I can't wait to see these ladies stretch. This year I'm running mostly Strawberry Diesel and Pineapple Chunks. I did some late season planting recently with some Sour Cali's and Strawberry Chunks. I'll have more pics later on.

Strawberry D & Pineapple Chunk #1

Pineapple Chunk #2

Pineapple Chunk #2

Various strains!

Last edited:

MGC

Hi !
Nice pics :) The ladies seem pretty healthy + good choice of genetics.
I wish you a lot of sun for the next upcoming months.
May the god of crop be with us OD growers !

++

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Looking awesome, I love some healthy outdoors

First year I did not have anything outside, last few years have been too wet, and lost too much to mold, I could kick myself with all the sun we are having

Good luck finishing those girls up

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I went and checked on the ladies today and they are still doing great. We have had some storms lately and one of my branches got broken but it was fixable. The late planters made it but one, it got dug up. It look like they are starting to flower. Plants are about 6 feet tall and stretching. I'm thinking some will push the 10 feet plus mark by time they finish. I dosed them up with a hit of Jamaican bat guano to give them a boost for flower. Cooler temps are in the future forecast which is good, these 90 degree days aren't to good on them. As long as it keeps raining here and there for the next few months it should be a good harvest come late Sept and Oct.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
It's middle of August and the ladies are flowering like crazy. I went out and checked on them after a few weeks. Lots of changes for sure. Plants have stretched to about 7-8 foot range around the size of small trees. I did my usual deeds! plucked dead leaves, sprinkled some high phosphorus guano around plant stalks, and gave them some liquid potassium. Next rain plants should feed like crazy. I can't wait to see results in the next few weeks.

Pineapple Chunk #2

Strawberry Diesel & Pineapple Chunk #1

Pineapple Chunk #1

Strawberry Diesel

Pineapple Chunk #2

Pineapple Chunk #2

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
At the end of August things are looking awesome. Besides a little drought period plants are looking healthy as can be. I had to pluck a few dead yellow leaves but that's normal. I also took some jugs out and gave the ladies a guano/potassium/mollasses tea. I'm hoping more rain comes soon so they can get another fat dose of phosphorus and potassium to help fatten them buds up. Rain is in the forecast this week but only one day and no guarentees with a 40% chance. Other then that the Pineapple Chunks are doing great and are flowering heavy and are about 7 to 7 1/2 feet tall. It's looking like a late September harvest on those. I think Pineapple Chunk is a keeper for where I live for sure. With a 7 week finish time you can't go wrong. Not to mention outdoor C99 buds with a hint of Afghan (I can already taste them!). I've already tried these indoors and both phenos are good but #1 is better leaning heavy towards C99. From the looks of it the #2 is going to be a better yielder though outside. Now for the Strawberry Diesel, she's a monster and is doing very well too. She's more Sativa but produces dense buds. In fact she too could be a keeper outdoors because of the fast vigorous growth. Lets see how yield and overall quality turns out. Indoors she was good but not the greatest. Strawberry is looking at a 1st to 2nd week of October harvest (not bad for a Sativa dom pheno). From the looks of it her 8 foot stature should produce lots of dense buds. I'm looking at the biggest yield from this plant. We'll see what happens in the next 4-6 weeks.

Pineapple Chunk #1

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran

Pineapple Chunk #2 marinating in the sun!

Pineapple Chunk #2 top cola

Pineapple Chunk #2

Pineapple Chunk #2 flower top

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Finally! we got some rain, it's been dry as fuck lately. Everything is starting to look like fall loosing it's green color. Although the cannabis is still green as ever. I had to do some camo to blend the ladies in alittle better. My 2 Pineapples #2's are sticking out like a sore thumb. They should hopefully be ready for chopping in like 3 weeks or so. We need a few more good rains though to help those buds swell up. Next visit should be in a few weeks. One more visit and a mollasses treat that should be it for the Pineapple Chunks. Strawberry D will be a few weeks behind but that's good in alot of ways.

HorseMouth

Great thread, Good Luck in the next month. Those up close and personal shots look sweet. The smells must be crazy right now. Congrats on the rain.

Peace

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Here are a couple of late planters I put out at the end of July. I was surprised how well they bushed out. There are some nice little colas. These are some Strawberry Chunk (Straw D x Deep Chunk) clones I had extra from indoors. I decided to get rid of her but figured I'd throw them out for some extra nugs. They are looking like end of September to early October for finishing.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Great thread, Good Luck in the next month. Those up close and personal shots look sweet. The smells must be crazy right now. Congrats on the rain.

Thanks man much appreciated! the smells are great as the resin is starting to be produced. I love the unique outdoor smell and flavor or outdoor bud.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
The Pineapples are starting to thicken up and weight is picking up. With a feeding of mollasses and more rain they should fatten right up. I'm looking at harvest really soon, maybe in a few weeks. Strawberry D is starting to rock as she looks like she's about half way done. I gave her one last feeding of guano/potassium tea. Also the little Strawberry Chunks are flowering hard too with about 3 weeks left. All they need is a another dose of mollasses. Just a few more visits to the patch and that's all she wrote for another season. Cold weather is coming soon!

Here are some shots from about a week ago. Enjoy!

Pineapple Chunk #1

Pineapple Chunk #2

Strawberry Diesel

Strawberry Chunk

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Well it seems that the great outdoors and her dangers struck again. Just when I thought I was having a stellar grow season disaster strikes. First off everything dried up and the corn got cut down earlier then usual. This opened up everything. When everything dries up and turns gold and cannabis plants are still green they really stick out. I was just out to my patch a week ago when the corn was still up and everything was good and almost ready to go. The Pineapples had only a week or so until they were done. Little did I know I should of chopped them then. A week goes by and I decide to make a visit and if they were ready I was choppin. I notice they cut the corn down and that was a dagger right there. This made it twice a hard to get back to my patch without being seen. Once I got back there boom Pineapple #2 and my little Strawberry Chunk ladies are gone. Someone found them and took them. They kind of stuck out so if someone was to walk by they would see them. I just shook my head and thought fuck! well lets go check the other patch. I get back there and my Pineapple #1 that would of been done got broke in our last rain storm. I found a few tops on the ground. The only one standing was my Strawberry Diesel which was about 2 weeks away from being done. The paranoid feeling sat in and I thought well someone found the others so they might be looking for more. I decided to chop her down just to get it out of the way. She could of gone longer but waiting could lead to disaster. This really sucks big time! I lost my best plants and had to pick my biggest one early. Fucking people! probally some hunter stumbled up on the little ones and then saw the big ones. Farmers were in the fields too cutting corn so maybe they saw them and yanked them. Who knows! the mysterious vanishing act I guess. It's a shame when you grow all year and look forward to that great harvest and they just dissapear. If I would of taken them a week ago they would of been fine. At least I got something out of it though. I also got some extra ones in another location so hopefully they make it. It's always good to have a few here and there so if you do get ripped you got a few others to fall back on.

This grow season is over! back to indoors where it's safe!

InPotiTrust

That sucks Closet Funk at lease u got something even tho it's not alot...Good thing your already thinking about indoors and next year..Stay safe brother

biteme

alas, the life of the guerilla farmer. but take a look at the big pic for the sake of learning. april was dry in the midwest and much of the corn was planted then. as near as i can tell, corn was two or three weaks earlier than normal this year and the combines have been rolling around me for 10 days now. there was a time when most corn stood into october or longer. those days may be gone with the onset of global warming? the hunt for shorter season corn strains is in order. sadly, i have harvested a lot that was too early. but it will hit the bubble bags before i lose it. it will be hard for me to ever give up on the corn grows for one reason-yield. peace-biteme

Latest posts

Latest posts