What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

A dispensary nearby had cuttings of this that is labeled as 14-16 weeks flower time. Had to pick one up. I'm just keeping her alive for now in quarantine, but I think it'll probably be the ropiest plant I'll have tried to grow inside.

Cool to find this thread to dig through.

IMG_20240115_164149576_HDR.jpg

Sparkus_Maximus

Here is my first attempt with GT, It's from the regular seeds, she started throwing pistils just before Christmas and was recently transplanted into a 3-gal. smart pot. This stately lady was started 12/12 from seed and topped early on, receiving direct sunlight @ 37N from the start. I'm hoping she will continue to flower even after daylight hours increase in March, thinking she may be ready sometime end of April. I'd hate to have to cram her into my small tent under LED in order to finish her properly. Any idea if she will continue to flower after the photoperiod increase / Spring-forward? Any advice would be appreciated🌴

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_144839454.jpg
    IMG_20240125_144839454.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20240125_142727784.jpg
    IMG_20240125_142727784.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

sublingual

Here is my first attempt with GT, It's from the regular seeds, she started throwing pistils just before Christmas and was recently transplanted into a 3-gal. smart pot. This stately lady was started 12/12 from seed and topped early on, receiving direct sunlight @ 37N from the start. I'm hoping she will continue to flower even after daylight hours increase in March, thinking she may be ready sometime end of April. I'd hate to have to cram her into my small tent under LED in order to finish her properly. Any idea if she will continue to flower after the photoperiod increase / Spring-forward? Any advice would be appreciated🌴
Is this version 3? It looks like a very nice plant and you have it trained well.
Although the plants benefits from natural light, in order to finish it, it will need uninterrupted darkness cycles to properly mature. Take it out everyday for sunlight and back to the tent at night for darkness.
To the tent in my opinion.

Sparkus_Maximus

Is this version 3? It looks like a very nice plant and you have it trained well.
Although the plants benefits from natural light, in order to finish it, it will need uninterrupted darkness cycles to properly mature. Take it out everyday for sunlight and back to the tent at night for darkness.
Thanks, I'm not sure what version it is, it came from Ace's regular GT seeds purchased last Summer on the 'tude.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Thanks friend, I do keep this as an option, the Last thing I need from Such a LONG-Flowering Sativa is for her to revert back to vegetative, 1/3 of her way into flowering. I'm keeping track of the daylight / night hours in my area, which means I will have to bring her indoors into my 2x2- LED in March to finish under a 11/13 or 10/14 light-cycle until harvest time eventually arrives🌿

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent training with your out of season Golden Tiger @Sparkus_Maximus :)
The branching of your plant is very Thai, let's see more traits during flowering.

I'm at your latitude 37N, and if they are into flowering, tropical sativas start to reveg badly from April onwards.
Try to provide her with as much direct sunlight as possible and avoid light contamination from the house at night time.

Sparkus_Maximus

Excellent training with your out of season Golden Tiger @Sparkus_Maximus :)
The branching of your plant is very Thai, let's see more traits during flowering.

I'm at your latitude 37N, and if they are into flowering, tropical sativas start to reveg badly from April onwards.
Try to provide her with as much direct sunlight as possible and avoid light contamination from the house at night time.
Thank you for your expert opinion Dubi 👍. Looks I will have to finish her indoors in order to avoid re-vegging in the coming weeks. I have read reports of GT finishing well indoors under 11/13 or even 10/14 photoperiods. I think that light intensity - indoors is always lacking, compared to the halide in the sky -outside and is probably the biggest deterrent with Tropical Sativas finishing properly indoors. I'm curious how she will turn out at the end of flowering🌿

Last edited: